Re-opening the Nebula for cabs discussion

At this time, I don't. I have a Peavey bass preamp, a Marshall guitar preamp, a Boss HM2 distortion, an Ibanez TS9 overdrive, and a Boss ODB3 bass distortion.

Honestly, Nebula has the greatest reverbs on Earth, so I've never even wanted a hardware reverb unit
yes.gif

I'm going to buy a reverb rack unit real quick. Or something where I can get a 100% wet signal. A reverb seems like it'd be the best. When I come back, I'll be able to sample it. Giancarlo, can you update my account with the permissions you had mentioned? I registered as "Richkas" and sent you a PM on this forum.

Also, Giancarlo, I uploaded my results of the bypass on Nebula-Programs, and included a photo of my analyzer. Can you take a look at it for me and tell me if all is well?

Okay. I used the second preset of the MX300, Small But Large. I used the Clean Reverb (3 Sec) session file, modified it to be Mono, and only do one repeat. Spaces: 12. Number: 5. Steps: 1. No other modifications.

The unit's wet setting is at 99%. I don't think 100% is even possible.

I sampled it successfully, the result is a pretty satisfying reverb, but I think that since the MX300 itself can't actually do 100% wet, there might be a TINY bit of weirdness in the tone, but I could be imagining things. The program is linked below in a RAR file. Also linked are two wav files. One with Nebula Reverb with this program 100% wet, and one with the Lexicon on the setting I used. The guitar is a Schecter C7 Hellraiser into a Tubescreamer. No cab simulation.

http://www.myspoonistoobig.net/mx300-2-sbl.rar <- This is the program/vector. This is useless to you if you do not have Nebula.
http://www.myspoonistoobig.net/mx300-2-neb.wav <- Recorded a C7 -> TS9 clip. Reamped into Nebula Reverb with the Small But Large program I created.
http://www.myspoonistoobig.net/mx300-2-hdwr.wav <- Same clip reamped into the MX300 hardware unit on the Small But Large preset.

So, I know I'm doing this stuff right. I may be imagining things in thinking that the -neb and -hdwr clips sound very different. Also, given that I modified the NAT session file (I don't have two hours to sample a reverb this evening), I'd say any difference in sound is entirely attributable to the restrictions of the MX300 and the modification of the session file.

What's next?

Yup, heh. And to find out it only has 99% wetness is kind of discouraging. I may end up returning it to find something with the full 100%.

Heh. As I was sampling the software reverb, I realized it DOESN'T utilize the AD-DA loop like a cab will, so it's pretty pointless. Haha. Mission aborted.

I'm calling it an evening on this. I'll wait for Giancarlo.

Yeah, but it was just the bypass test. That thread is for everyone's individual ADDA loop bypass test thingies. I didn't post the Lexicon program.

Ha. Ha ha. This is awesome.

With this upgrade to NAT 3 that I just got (thank you, Giancarlo!), it will sample things the same way, but in addition to creating Nebula programs, it also creates an entire collection of impulses.

:heh:

Haha, my pleasure, but no way am I gonna buy something totally useless to me (hardware 'verb) for the sake of this, so I yield the "dedication" title to AE! :loco: I will try to make a sample of my cab and compare it to a re-amped signal though!