Read this Mikael! You MUST film the Chronology sets!

ChrisEmerson said:
Just because they filmed the making of one album (well 2) doesn't mean they have footage of the making of all of them!

didntthey film the amkin of black water park too..???...its a growing trend for bands to do that...adn if the footage is good......they use it.....!!!.......so Im sure they filmed teh GR too....all the cool kids are doin it..!!..hahaha......PEAC EOUT

And i'm sure anna has some badass 8mm of them making still life.. That would actually be amazing to watch, i think it would fit the album perfectly.

BurningSky said:
And i'm sure anna has some badass 8mm of them making still life.. That would actually be amazing to watch, i think it would fit the album perfectly.
That would be hot.

And yeah, I definitely want a DVD of these since I can't make it to the shows. Even without Lopez :(

Opeth said on their bio that they had the making of GR filmed. I wonder if they filmed rehearsals - we could hear how each song developed, and progressed. That would be cool.

And yes, film the shows! Although they probably wouldn't film the one I'm going to (NYC) because it's the first.

^lol if they are filming it they will do it at all 3 and pick the best for release.
If they did release this it would not only be the greatest, most popular release Opeth have done and boost sales of the earlier albums, it would also be the best fucking live DVD in the history of humanity. rarrr

For what it's worth, I want to add my voice to the chorus clamouring for a DVD as well. Let's hope Mike can organize it.

Okay, even if mike read this thread and agree 100% it wouldn't really matter. You can't just be like, oh by the way record company, i want to make a dvd of this show. A lot planning goes into making a dvd. You have to hire a professional filming company, clear the dates, take care of the legal aspect. It's not just a matter of, lets me a dvd.

Either way, that would be awesome if this was gonna be on dvd.

You know what? It probably is going to be filmed. I'm sure Mike and the band would realise the implication of such a kickass, special event, and filming it would be part of the plan. (except for the Lopez thing I can see that as a good reason to hold back from recording the event) Anyway, we'll just wait and see. See if Martin is back up to full health and see if the event gets filmed like we all hope it does.

And if it doesn't... What the hell!!?!?!? :hotjump:

I wonder:
- either it is a good sign that mikael doesn't respond to this, because I don't think they would let these kind of rumours get out of hand, or let us all get so convinced that a dvd will follow with this material when this wouldn't be the case ...
- or it is a bad sign that it's not announced at all .. was the lamentations recording announced back then? he does say: "as some of you might know" on the lamentations-dvd ... and perhaps they wouldn't make a huge surprise out of it for the people present or others. but anyway, it wouldn't be surprise I guess since it will be obvious for people being there that it's being filmed ...

thus it can go either way? .. I like to think it's the first option ;) it would make an awesome dvd, and as being as professional and with so much appreciation for these sort of events by other bands who are their heroes, I don't think they would want to pass an opportunity like this one to make a really high-quality dvd!

edit: of course the option of a live recording for a live cd is still an option, although I'm not a fan of these kind of things, but oh well, it would still be better than nothing .. for me these kind of things feel like something from the past when technology was less evolved.

It won't be filmed this time around, however they're saving the setlist for the future... (straight for the horses mouth). I'd rather see it on HDTV anyway so I don't mind if they wait for the BD/HDDVD war to settle :)