recommend me new albums!

DISBELIEF - Spreading the Rage :hotjump:

It´s more or less death-metal, ultra-depressive grooving death metal, intensity has a name DISBELIEF !!! Suffer!

Manes - Vilosophe

They started out as a black metal band and, like Ulver, added a lot of electronic elements. Now it's some sort of black'n'bass-hop :) No screams, dark athmosphere. Download some tracks (for example 'Nodamnbrakes' or 'Death of the Genuine') before you buy, it's not for anyone...

And yes, Dredg and Dead Soul Tribe are also great.

Frodnat said:
DISBELIEF - Spreading the Rage :hotjump:

It´s more or less death-metal, ultra-depressive grooving death metal, intensity has a name DISBELIEF !!! Suffer!

I deffo should check this out as I will see them live soon on 2 gigs... everyone said its fantastic, I wonder :)

btw @ Mehdi: I also like Crimson!!!!

eh, didn't you catch 'em on summerbreeze 02/03? they were really awesome. check out "misery" as a reference.

Dora said:
wow, thanks.. I hope i'll like them. I start downloading (THIEF!!!) tomorrow to get some clue about these cos I dont know any of the bands you mentioned.. (except that Opath) :)

rafael, whats that folklore shit? I dont like world music ffs!!

Oh, and if you write 2x3 words, please mark which is the band name/album name, hehe.. :)

Oh!! Well I hope you WON'T FIND any Tim's Favourite mp3's then!!!! :mad:
FFS!

Well if you're talking about albums released recently, beside A.N.D and Lights Out, I would recommend :

Machine Head - Through The Ashes Of Empires
Dew Scented - Impact
Life Of Agony - River Runs Again live
Dredg - El Cielo
The Old Dead Tree - The Nameless Disease

This is my top 5 favourite CD's of the year after the two mentionned above.

Cerulean said:
I'm not the first one to say that?
I'm really really sorry, but you DO look like him. I can understand your reaction though :)

quite a few people told me, but its just on some pictures I think... anyway I dont think its really a compliment... I mean Dani is a guy, I dont wanna look like a guy :(

Dora said:
Ok, it seems like im euphoric these days by thinkin about how great cds im gonna buy.. so I WANT MORE!
I'd like to have some recommendations for ME, only me!!

this year I fell into these seriously so far:
antimatter-lights out, paradise lost-symbol of life, tiamat-prey, anathema-ND, moonspell-antidote, dreadful sh.-the cycle, katatonia.., gathering-souvenirs

So if you can imagine my taste (dark, rock, goth, metal, guitar, whatever..), please tell me some more like these. But no chill-out sleeping boredom, rather passionate stuff. A wah-wah part is a plus. :) danke

I recommend anything by This Ascension- an American ethereal/goth/rock band with excellent female vocals. Also- anything by Christian Death (USA), Faith and the Muse (USA), Frozen Autumn (Italy), Haggard (Germany or Austria-I'm not sure), and Dead Can Dance (UK). You might have heard of some of these bands, though. :Spin:

best albums so far this year:

Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion

The Haunted - One Kill Wonder

Opeth - Damnation

Hardcore Superstar - No Regrets

thank god for Sweden, what can I say!

Isn't it amazing Dora, how one request for a few albums ends up being an avalanche of suggestions? Well, from what I have seen, I agree with everyone else's suggestions. However, since I see you on the Katatonia forum all the time, I must assume you love music with plenty of melancholy, no matter the medium. So here goes my humble list of suggestions:

Isis - Oceanic
Mogwai - Rock Action(Happy Songs For Happy People is good too)
Agalloch - Pale Folklore(don't worry, it is not "world music")
Shape Of Despair - Angels of Distress
Rapture - Futile
Dark Tranquillity - Haven

There is plenty more I could suggest, but those six suggestions should give you a more than adequate start :headbang: