recommend me new albums!

MoonsOfJupiter said:
I recommend anything by This Ascension- an American ethereal/goth/rock band with excellent female vocals. Also- anything by Christian Death (USA), Faith and the Muse (USA), Frozen Autumn (Italy), Haggard (Germany or Austria-I'm not sure), and Dead Can Dance (UK). You might have heard of some of these bands, though. :Spin:

Haggard are from Germany :)

AFTER I got to know these 30 or more that ppl recommended.. (You dont think Im gonna buy disks of bands that I've never heard of and have names that dont mean anything in any human language, do u?!) :)

No, but then again you really don't need to get everything everybody recommends, you know? Atleast I wouldn't have time to properly dig into all those albums so I just get one every now and then and try to get most out of it. If for example I had downloaded that Dredg - El Cielo with 20 other albums, I doubt I'd be praising it now since I started to get into it after the fourth spin or so.

but if you just wanna sample those recommendations to make up your mind which you're gonna buy, it's ok and I forgive you :saint:

eh.. OK. 1st: I know Opath - Demneishon. 2: hate bjork

so.. checklist v.1

Agalloch - Pale Folklore
While Heaven Wept - Of Empires Forlorn
Dead Soul Tribe - Murder Of Crows
Zeraphine- Traumaworld
Dredg- El Cielo
Green Carnation - A Blessing In Disguise
Cannibal Corpse's The Wretched Spawn
TIM'S FAVOURITE - NOISES FROM THE DARKROOM
sentenced - 'crimson'
Rain Paint - Nihil Nisi Mors
Fragile Hollow - Effete Mind
Mourning beloveth - 'Dust' or 'The sullen sulcus'
DISBELIEF - Spreading the Rage
Manes - Vilosophe
Machine Head - Through The Ashes Of Empires
Dew Scented - Impact
Life Of Agony - River Runs Again live
Dredg - El Cielo
The Old Dead Tree - The Nameless Disease
This Ascension -?
Christian Death (USA) - ?
Faith and the Muse (USA) -?
Frozen Autumn (Italy), -?
Haggard - ?
Dead Can Dance (UK).
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
The Haunted - One Kill Wonder
Hardcore Superstar - No Regrets
Isis - Oceanic
Mogwai - Rock Action(Happy Songs For Happy People is good too)
Agalloch - Pale Folklore(don't worry, it is not "world music")
Shape Of Despair - Angels of Distress
Rapture - Futile
Dark Tranquillity - Haven
The Entity- Salt
The Old Dead Tree- The Nameless Disease
Klimt 1918 - Undressed Momento

...now I need some time... :D

1st impressions

Zeraphine - nice, gothic, mellow.

Dredg - wow.. vocals like a-ha. interesting too.

Sentenced - ROCKS! though a little reminds of HIM..

more:
paradise lost - draconian times (oke, not new anymore but still great!)
De/Vision - Two
Veljanov - The sweet life (singer from Deine Lakaien, has a GREAT voice, absolutely charming)

eeehm, and u can try Suidakra too ;) ;) ;)

plost - i'll try.. their old stuff i dont always like

veljanov - i had it, didnt like it. too mellow. (boring)

devision - i put it on the list..

hey, who the hell recommended me dew scented?! its some bloody trash metal. :puke:

Green Carnation - really good -interestin though, first it reminded me of Dream Theater and then just some basic metal like IM. By the way, i just ran into the new Dream Theater album, and it sounds good. Kindof okay...
But Green C. has nothing dark in it. Not doomed enough. Bloody cheerful instead :( Hoppla hopp metal. Nah.

Isis - Nice, good, fine, boring, deleled. :) where is the passion?

Mourning Beloveth - thats better. Moody. Dark. Growling. A little bit slow. Drawling.

I also found Virgin Black, sounds good.

But it seems nothing can beat my new favs (A: AND, Tiamat, Moonspell..)

Dora said:
Isis - Nice, good, fine, boring, deleled. :) where is the passion?
Well I think that's a great album, Oceanic I mean. Dunno how passionate you want your music to be, but there's a great deal of emotions there.

But this is the thing I tried oh so subtly to tell you. When you have shitloads of new music to listen, there might be no time (nor patience) to listen to stuff properly. I borrowed my girlfriends copy of Oceanic and first two or three spins I thought it was ok, nothing spectacular but still I kept listening to it every now and then until I found it to be actually pretty fuckin good and deep and well thought. When you sample many bands in a row, it's possible that those songs just become kinda fast food. If something doesn't grab your attention right away, just click on the next album, you know?
I'm not preaching, tho ;)

happy hunting.