Recommend me Prog!

mark_bwaite

One Man Gang
Oct 15, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well the time has come...I'm past my "relaxation" stage in music and now I'm looking for some great prog to listen to. And people recommend only the best!

Exclude: Dream Theater, Symphony X, Liquid Tension, Vitalij Kuprij, Rush, Planet X, because I already have, or I'm in the process of getting their material.:D

Depends on what you want, what styles you want etc.

If you're just starting out... i'd go for 42147, Lost or The Learning by nevermore, Dawning by Archetype or anything from Prototype.

Then go for something like Andromeda, Extension of the wish is an amazing album. The first song you should check out is "In The Deepest of Waters".

Then, when you're bored with prog... go for tech metal. Martyr, Death, Atheist, Theory in practice, ALARUM.

np - Alarum - Reconditioned.

Thanks guys......I really like what I'm hearing from bands like Enchant and Evergrey!! POS is pretty cool. Any other stuff like that you guys know of?

First and foremost, the best band ever imo...

Conception

some others

Nevermore (beyond definition which makes em prog to me :))

Hourglass - www.hourglassband.com - Their CD "The Journey Into" is my favorite release of the year. 6 songs 75 minutes, how much more prog can you get

ARK - Burn the Sun

Into Eternity - progressive death metal (half clean singing half death/black vocals)

Zero Hour - Technical progressive metal - uber cool stuff