Recommend me Prog!

Originally posted by Prismatic Sphere
Sieges Even get "A Sense Of Change" NOW! :cool:

I agree ! My favorite all time album!

Be on the look out for the new Andromeda album. It's called 2=1. I heard some songs from it and it kills! To me it sounded like a cross between ARK and LTE. I can't wait to get it in my grubby hands :headbang:

Originally posted by Hawk
I agree ! My favorite all time album!

Be on the look out for the new Andromeda album. It's called 2=1. I heard some songs from it and it kills! To me it sounded like a cross between ARK and LTE. I can't wait to get it in my grubby hands :headbang:

Yes, "A Sense Of Change" is awesome... great band!

I cannot wait for the new Andromeda album!

Great! I never heard about Andromeda and just downloaded a song after reading this thread. Well, they are UNBELIEVABLE! How could I never hear about this band before?? I just ordered their CD ;)

Thanks guys, this forum is really useful :D

Originally posted by Valdemius
Ayreon
Dream Theater (and for really wacky stuff Liquid Tension Experiment)
Queensrÿche
Ayreon
Nightwish
Transatlantic

Oh, and did I mention Ayreon?

Oh man I just picked up an Ayreon cd and it rules! :headbang: :worship: Everything about the cd is just plain awesome.

I got the first Andromeda CD yesterday and since then it hasn't left my CD player! It's just great, I can't stop listening to it! :cool:

I got the so called "Definite Extension" with 2 CDs. The first one with their new voaclist David Fremberg and two additional tracks, the 2nd one with the original recoding with session vocalist Lawrence Mackroy. Well, David Fremberg is far better and the two additional tracks are both great, so it's really worth getting the new edition!

My favorite song so far is Arch Angel, but the rest is very close. Especially the first three tracks (The Words Unspoken, Crescendo of Though, In the Deepest of Waters) are excellent, but the rest isnt far behind! Chameleon Carneval f.ex. is one of the most fascinating instrumentals I've ever heard of a prog metal band.

Thanks to the guys who recommended that CD on this thread, I really appreciate! ;)

Originally posted by Tyrion
I got the first Andromeda CD yesterday and since then it hasn't left my CD player! It's just great, I can't stop listening to it! :cool:

I got the so called "Definite Extension" with 2 CDs. The first one with their new voaclist David Fremberg and two additional tracks, the 2nd one with the original recoding with session vocalist Lawrence Mackroy. Well, David Fremberg is far better and the two additional tracks are both great, so it's really worth getting the new edition!

My favorite song so far is Arch Angel, but the rest is very close. Especially the first three tracks (The Words Unspoken, Crescendo of Though, In the Deepest of Waters) are excellent, but the rest isnt far behind! Chameleon Carneval f.ex. is one of the most fascinating instrumentals I've ever heard of a prog metal band.

Thanks to the guys who recommended that CD on this thread, I really appreciate! ;)

I haven't heard the David Fremberg version of "Extension"... I should see if I can track that down... but I have heard a few samples of the new stuff on the Andromeda website... and I too prefer David to Lawrence... he sounds great. "Extension of the Wish" is one of the best debut albums I have ever heard. I can't wait for "II=I". Johan Reinholdz has actually stated that he considers the new album to be the real debut because it's a total band effort... everybody writing... whereas he wrote "Extension" alone.

I had to order the version with Fremberg in France cause I haven't found it anywhere else. I've read on the Andromeda homepage that it should be available in whole Europe in November, but my common CD online shops didnt have it. The only place where I found it was on amazon.fr

I'm also impatiantly waiting for the new CD, I've heard some song experts from their official homepage, and they all sound great. I think the album can already be bought in Japan and should be available in Europe in January.

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
I can't wait for "II=I". Johan Reinholdz has actually stated that he considers the new album to be the real debut because it's a total band effort... everybody writing... whereas he wrote "Extension" alone.

This is definitely evident on the disc, especially Martin Hedin's contribution...as I suggested in my column, the album revelas that he is a great talent. The drumming on Two Is One is also awe-inspiring...

Does anyone know Time Requiem? I'm just listening to a song and it sounds pretty cool. I think it's a new project and they just released their first CD, but I dont know what guys are in it. Anyone knows any details?

yeah Time Requiem is majestic........a band with 0.00 creativity.....they blatantly rip off Yngwie, Symphony X, and Dream Theater to name a few bands and call it their own....

i will not give them a dime..but I do download all their CDs to make fun of them and list all of the rip offs on each album....I could post that list if you'd like :)

where as a band like Adagio copies the style of SX.....Majestic?Time Requiem takes exact riffs, licks, melodies, even lyrics and uses them as their own.....pathetic.