RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
BurningWitch said:
Viking and Folk tends to be used with black metal, apart from Amon Amarth. Are there any other bands whose lyrics and stuff are based upon viking and folk but have a more death metal approach to thier music?

Metal Archives said:
16 results found.
1-16 of 16
1. Amon Amarth Melodic Death Metal Vikings, War, Norse Mythology
2. Arkillery Viking Speed/Thrash/Death Viking and Heathen Concepts
3. As Long as People Die Death Metal Death, Vikings, Blasphemy, Cannibal, Necrophilia
4. Asgard (Fra) Death Metal Viking Themes
5. Bestia (Est) Epic Black Metal with Brutal Death Metal Influences Ancient Times, Vikings
6. Conquering Valhalla Death Metal Conquest, War, Vikings
7. Dominus (Dnk) Death Metal (early), Groove Metal/Death Rock (later) Vikings, the occult, anti-monotheism
8. Dragonship (US) Power/Death Metal Norse Mythology, Vikings
9. Embalmed (Grc) Death Metal Vikings, North Mythology
10. Enthroned (US) Death/Thrash Metal death, vikings
11. Nordic Netheren Melodic Black/Death Metal Vikings, Nordic Concepts
12. Oaken Throne Melodic Death, Viking Metal Vikings, Norse Mythology
13. Prophanity Melodic Death Metal/Viking Viking
14. Unholy Trinity Black/Death Metal Viking-themes, War, Anti-Christianity
15. Unleashed (Swe) Death Metal Death, darkness (old,) Viking myths, honor (later)
16. Vintersphrøst Viking Metal/Folk-Influenced Power/Death Metal Helvetic Folklore, Vikings
1-16 of 16
Search on Metal Archives for Viking lyrical themes and death metal yielded this.

Sorry if it's a bit sloppy.

Impudent said:
Search on Metal Archives for Viking lyrical themes and death metal yielded this.

Sorry if it's a bit sloppy.

Vintersphrøst is actually a decent band. Not what he'd be looking for though, that is sure.

Just finished reading up on Gods Tower. I'm very interrested in them, but in almost every review, they caution people about the vocals, how could one describe them?

Everyone Listen to these albums:
Hades - The Dawn of The Dying Sun
Hades - ...Again Shall Be

They are fantastic in all sorts of ways. A little slow type of Norwegian black metal, with a lot of viking/nature influence in their music. I'd describe more but I'm too lazy. :kickass:

The Bringer said:
Can someone recommend me an album to start with for Sentenced? I have never listened to any of their music and want to experience it.

Depends what style you want more. Their older death type music, or a more melodic death sound, or even their gothic style (which I personally hate)

I think The Greys would be the must knowledgeable on this

Status
Not open for further replies.