RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
keyword: Dan Swano.

Infestdead
Pan.Thy.Monium
Edge of Sanity

Thanks, I've got Pan.Thy.Monium already and a decent amount of EoS but I'll have to look into Infestdead.

BLOODBATH.

Bloodbath is so much better than Ribspreader(I do like bolted to the cross). Get a Q-Tip.

Bloodbath is good and all, but I overall prefer the sound Ribspreader has. Bloodbath's guitars have this "sharper" edge to them, which works well enough but I prefer the "thicker" sound that Ribspreader has on Bolted To The Cross (I think Rogga has one of the more distinguishable guitar sounds in death metal today)

can anyone recommend me death/doom. no big names like Katatonia or Anathema.

Black Forest:
Sadness

Daylight Dies
No Reply
Idle
Dismantling Devotion

diSEMBOWELMENT
Transcendence Into The Peripheral

Evoken:
Embrace The Emptiness
Quietus
Shades of Night Descending
Antithesis Of Light

Indesinence:

Noctambulism

Morgion:
Cloaked By Ages, Crowned In Earth
Among Majestic Ruins
Solinari

Mourning Beloveth:
Dust
The Sullen Sulcus
A Murderous Circus

Novembers Doom:
Of Sculptured Ivy And Stone Flowers

Saturnus:
Paradise Belongs To You
Martyre
Veronika Decides To Die

Whispering Forest:
Of Shadows and Pale Light

Can't you try google? You seem to ask a lot of questions about where to find stuff before you do much research.

Most of those bands I would consider Funeral Doom, that leads me to the question: what is the major difference between funeral and death/doom?

None of those bands are funeral doom and the only one that even comes close to being so is Evoken, who are still obviously death/doom.

Garden of Shadows is more ... like atmospheric melodic death I guess. Good stuff though.

Any recs for a band that sounds like Drudkh, maybe even having nature-inspired elements like Autumn Aurora, thanks appreciate it.
I'm sure someone will jump in with lots of good recommendations. While waiting for this to happen, you should listen to the first two songs on my myspace page. It's not too far removed from Drudkh.
Some of the bands that frequently come up:
Astrofaes (Drudkh members) - I only know one of their albums, and it's not that great.
Hate Forest - (Drudkh members) - Actually not very similar, but still mostly good.
Nokturnal Mortum
Temnozor
Dub Buk
Negura Bunget

I would recommend looking these up on metal archives to see if they're what you like, but m-a is down again.

Can someone tell me the name of the classical song in the intro of Massacra's - apocalyptic warriors

:headbang: cheers

Just checked the lyrics.

Fuck! i didn't know national anthems were this brutal, fuck yeah... i dunno if this is it though, the lyrics look right but i couldnt find a song sample and i gotta go to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.