RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musically they have the suicidal feel to them that bands like Xasthur have, but do it much better. Birkenau is also good.

EDIT: I need some old school style doom a la Pentagram, Witchfinder General, Burning Saviours, Witchcraft, Black Sabbath, Cirith Ungol, etc

:)

Old school doom - Winters and Apostle Of Solitude

You've heard the demo when he changed the name to Birkenau? I'd love to hear it, but it's not exactly easy to get hold of.

and yeah, it took me alot of searching on DC++ and soulseek to find it but it was pretty good. Need to get it again.

Minotauri, Asunder, Fall of The Idols, Revelation, The Gates of Slumber, Iron Man, Solstice, Count Raven, Doomsword, Doomshine, and Great Coven

That should be suffecient for now.

Thanks, already know and like all of them aside from Iron Man, Revelation, Doomshine, and Great Cover but I'll look into them. Thanks.

I need some good, non-boring "suicidal black metal."
Not sure what is boring for you, but this is really good depressive-suicidal stuff:

Make A Change... Kill Yourself - Make A Chаnge... Kill Yourself
Elhaz - Malemort
Grimlair - L'appel De La Nuit Funeste; Lost And Forgotten
Mutiilation - Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
Silencer - Death, Pierce
Bann - Antiochia
Raventale - На Хрустальных Качелях ( ukr depressive black/doom - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B0SP8BSR)
Elysian Blaze
Forgotten Tomb
Leviathan (US)
Mortifera - Vastiia Tenebrd Mortifera
Belenos
Marblebog
Bilskirnir

I mean they rule and all but they are kind of "inspirational" sounding, in that they stir up pride-like feelings :)

Yeah, they rule. I've got confused with "french black metal", as I'm giving recs for it often too, as I'm a big fm fan and some of those bands I've mentioned are french too, so I've automaticly put Belenos in the list. Sowwy. Like I said - the rest is correct :)

Pestilence - Spheres
Pan.Thy.Monium - Dawn of Dreams (havn't heard anything else from this band)

seriously though, i second the request to be patient, people have better things to do, and unless you're retarded you can use metal archives to find what you want

Status
Not open for further replies.