RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be really irritating and ask for someone to recommend me something different that I may like. I know that is pretty vague and stupid - but I'm leaving it open to interpretation based on the fact that I've been posting here for a while and I assume you guys have some idea of what I'm into. Things I'm considering trying out:

Cenotaph – Gloomy Reflections of our Hidden Sorrows OR Riding Our Black Oceans
Countess - Ad Maiorem Sathanae Gloriam OR Heilig Vuur
October Tide - Rain Without End
Cartilage - The Fragile Concept of Affection (this I've been looking for, for a while and can't seem to find anywhere - so if you recommend this, give me a source)
Lemming Project - Hate & Despise (as above)

At the moment I'm really craving something in the vain of Mournful Congregation (mainly the acoustic passages) and Pentagram - Day of Reckoning, which aren't really any of the above.

Fire away :)

hey, I hear a lot about Behemoth but never gave them a try. What albums should I start with?

Reccomend albums similar to Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk.

There was a review on M-A calling Hidden in the Fog - Damokles a "Proggy Emperor" so I don't know how similar it is to that album but worth a try.

how about some polished/somewhat technical thrash?

Artillery - By Inheritance
Hexenhaus - Dejavoodoo
Heathen - Victims of Deception
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form
Watchtower - Energetic Disassembly

Anyone know of any heavy metal similar to Brocas Helm and Legend?

The title explains it all, if there is any experimental metal like a mix of experimental and metal then tell me some bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.