RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
2zrq82p.jpg

K, I need some suggestions for walk up songs. I had picked Bal-Sagoth's "Obsidian Crown Unbound" but they lost all the recordings so I need to pick a new one.

Here is mah list. Keep in mind the beginning is the only part that gets played, so I want something with a cool start.

Dimmu Borgir - Progenies or Serpentine Offering
AC/DC - For Those About to Rock
Bal-Sagoth - Obsidian Crown
Kansas - Carry on Wayword Son
Dream Theater - Erotomania/This Dying Soul
Chic - Good Times
The Cars - Hello Again
1349 - I am Abomination.

Pick one plz k thanks!

I Am Abomination

do these bands have what I am looking for?

you know interesting songwriting, good vocal range with vocals that don't sound like pig grunts, good drumming without constant blasts, good riffs, like deeds of flesh?
Yes. Also of note: please only check out Infected Malignity stuff from their first album. They have since switched to Deathcore. Either way you will probably like IM the least, but check it out any way. Vile is a Unique Leader Cali death band so as a DOF fan you should like it.

I'm looking for music that is not dull or too anthemic (i.e subversive/ethereal/depressive/atmospheric - you can put on your headphones and actually listen to it, and discover new things every time), but still relatively "easy" to listen to (i.e not pop, but with singing, good productin and not too repetitive). I'm thinking the more poppish Dead Can Dance tracks like Tell Me About the Forest, Joy Division, King Crimson, the Acid Bath ballds, Joanna Newsom, Sigur Ros etc.

I'm not saying easy to listen to - I'm saying relatively easy to listen to. Something between Lustmord and Queen :)

Lustmord is dark ambient and early Queen rules:kickass: I'd recommend him something but I'm only getting into the stuff he mentioned myself. I have been recommended This Burning Effigy-To Bestial Gods.
Gothic rock,supposedly with the atmosphere of Dead Can Dance.

I'm looking for music that is not dull or too anthemic (i.e subversive/ethereal/depressive/atmospheric - you can put on your headphones and actually listen to it, and discover new things every time), but still relatively "easy" to listen to (i.e not pop, but with singing, good production and not too repetitive). I'm thinking the more poppish Dead Can Dance tracks like Tell Me About the Forest, Joy Division, King Crimson, the Acid Bath ballards, Joanna Newsom, Sigur Ros etc.

try some of the neofolk listed in the non-metal gneral disc. board.

Alice in Chains is as great as Acid Bath
Arcana make shit like Sigur Rós

dunno who those other soft cocks you mentioned are though.

Status
Not open for further replies.