RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who's excited about what my next Awesome Album Of The Day will be? I know I sure am!!! Maybe I'll even type a little something about it.

Yeah well I'm fucking listening to it anyway so I might as well reveal it.

Xantotol - Liber Diabolus: 1991-1996

xantotol.jpg

Xantotol was among the first Polish Black Metal bands, and took heavy influence from the early works of such bands as Samael. This release compiles their three demos into one release, inspired by the philosophy of Nietzsche and Satanic ideology. Very primitive and raw, heavy, intense chords, yet with a sense of melody, interspersed with contemplative keyboard and guitar passages.

Dodens Grav said:
Yeah well I'm fucking listening to it anyway so I might as well reveal it.

Xantotol - Liber Diabolus: 1991-1996

xantotol.jpg

This release compiles their three demos into one release, inspired by the philosophy of Nietzsche and Satanic ideology. .

A black metal band inspired by these elements? Holy shit, how original. Let me guess - the production is thinner than my grip on reality and played by blokes dressed very badly too?

Ex-cally-boo said:
That album is fucking awesome.

You had better like it :)

I have heard one song so far and it was cool. Since the album was released on peaceville I expected it to be more doomy. The album will probably grow on me and i've only heard one song so far.

What would be another good album from Novembre to hear ?

Carcassian said:
A black metal band inspired by these elements? Holy shit, how original. Let me guess - the production is thinner than my grip on reality and played by blokes dressed very badly too?

lol n1

Is there any other crushing doom/death bands like older my dying bride with violins and heavy guitars.

I'm listening to The Return of The Beautiful(1992 'as the flower withers version'). The violin over the heavy slow guitars towards the beginning and some other parts never sounded so right.

Martin Powell fucking rocked.

J. said:
J.'s Recommendation for May 25th:

Therion - Symphony Masses: Ho Drakon Ho Megas

One of the best expirimental death metal albums imo. I might like Symphony Masses more than beyond sanctorum.

The Greys said:
Is there any other crushing doom/death bands like older my dying bride with violins and heavy guitars.

I'm listening to The Return of The Beautiful(1992 'as the flower withers version'). The violin over the heavy slow guitars towards the beginning and some other parts never sounded so right.

Martin Powell fucking rocked.

Oi, if you're willing to let go of the violin for a moment, get your hands on Loss - Life Without Hope... Death Without Reason. No orchestral elements, but some of the best fucking death/doom around at the moment. Also hear Mournful Congregation - The Monad of Creation.

The Greys said:
I have heard one song so far and it was cool. Since the album was released on peaceville I expected it to be more doomy. The album will probably grow on me and i've only heard one song so far.

What would be another good album from Novembre to hear ?

My personal favorite album from them is Novembrine Waltz.

Someone or people should post a page of mp3s of doom metal with that yousendit.com thing or whatever. I can only find some of the more well known bands with soulseek.

I wrote down a lot of doom bands on paper to check out and have not found a fraction of it.

The Greys said:
Someone or people should post a page of mp3s of doom metal with that yousendit.com thing or whatever. I can only find some of the more well known bands with soulseek.

I wrote down a lot of doom bands on paper to check out and have not found a fraction of it.

Go into the doom metal chatroom and do a room search. Also, give me your username.

Status
Not open for further replies.