RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consuming Impulse said:
i know that sounds hard to find but i just wanna hear something different cause metal bands today all the same. metalcore is basically screamo on steriods. i HATE melodis death metal WITH A PASSION. i hate black metal with clean production. i find most power metal and pogressiv metal boring and cheesy. so i want to find a band this day in age that sounds nothing like the other bands.
Try Count Nosferatu Kommando. It's industrial, kind of black, kind of thrashy, metal. May be too clean for you. Worth a shot.

The Greys said:
I could use some album and song recomendations from Porcupine Tree.
Any of the last five albums are good. They vary quite a bit from song to song. Much moreso than most metal bands do. Try Waiting Phase I from Signify and the title track from that album. Also, Even Less and Pure Narcotic from Stupid Dream, Lightbulb Sun and Hatesong from Lightbulb Sun, Trains and Prodigal from In Absentia, and Deadwing and Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here from Deadwing.

Consuming Impulse said:
i know that sounds hard to find but i just wanna hear something different cause metal bands today all the same. metalcore is basically screamo on steriods. i HATE melodis death metal WITH A PASSION. i hate black metal with clean production. i find most power metal and pogressiv metal boring and cheesy. so i want to find a band this day in age that sounds nothing like the other bands.

Search for this song: Black City - Black Fire. End.

My recomendations for today.

Tristania - ashes(the 9 song version). The band tones down on the gothic and operatic elements making a solid more traditional styled album.

Cathedral-the ethereal mirror. I don't even need to explain why.

Zephyrus said:
Hey Danallica, I've read reviews for Stargazer and I'm thinking of checking them out. How would you describe them?

They are really hard to describe, they are certainly not like other death bands - they are all over the place in regards to timing and stuff. Yes its heavy but its not in a brutal sense

sorry i cant help you out more dude, but you really have to check em out for yourself

Edit:
just read what Decandent said - yeh its a bit like that

I recommend everyone buy Mekong Delta albums. You can buy them from the band's website, but you have to register to access the mailorder page.

Status
Not open for further replies.