RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hail_and_Kill said:
Best song/album for these bands:

Demons & Wizards (bought the self-titled today ) POOR MANS CRUSADE

Iced Earth Something wicked this way comes (song and album)

Primal Fear Seven Seals

Sorry I cant be more help mate, but that was basically a long list of bands I don't like!

I'll give it a shot...

For Symphony X, get "V: The New Mythology" or "The Odyssey".

Blind Guardian - I've only heard "Somewhere Far Beyond", but it rules.

Manilla Road - Go for either "Crystal Logic" or "Open The Gates".

Manowar (bought 'Kings of Metal' today) - first get their debut, "Battle Hymns" and then I recommend "Louder Than Hell" also.

For Iced Earth, I personally like "Days of Purgatory" or "Burnt Offerings" the most, because they have the best songwriting. The other albums are all good though too.

Helloween - get "Keeper Of The Seven Keys" parts 1 & 2.

Avantasia - they only have two albums... just get each one.

Stratovarius - either "Episode" or "Destiny".

Hammerfall - I like "Crimson Thunder" most, but "Glory To The Brave" is great too.

Fates Warning - "Awaken The Guardian" and "Spectre Within".

I've only heard "This Godless Endeavor", but it's an excellent Nevermore album. Highly highly recommended.

Running Wild - "Black Hand Inn"

Angra really depends on your taste, but "Angels Cry" and "Holy Land" are good. Only two albums I've heard by them.

Bal Sagoth - only heard "Starfire Burning Upon The Ice-Veiled Throne Of Ultima Thule", but it's fucking awesome. Get it.

TaylorC said:
I'll give it a shot...

For Symphony X, get "V: The New Mythology" or "The Odyssey".

Blind Guardian - I've only heard "Somewhere Far Beyond", but it rules.

Manilla Road - Go for either "Crystal Logic" or "Open The Gates".

Manowar (bought 'Kings of Metal' today) - first get their debut, "Battle Hymns" and then I recommend "Louder Than Hell" also.

For Iced Earth, I personally like "Days of Purgatory" or "Burnt Offerings" the most, because they have the best songwriting. The other albums are all good though too.

Helloween - get "Keeper Of The Seven Keys" parts 1 & 2.

Avantasia - they only have two albums... just get each one.

Stratovarius - either "Episode" or "Destiny".

Hammerfall - I like "Crimson Thunder" most, but "Glory To The Brave" is great too.

Fates Warning - "Awaken The Guardian" and "Spectre Within".

I've only heard "This Godless Endeavor", but it's an excellent Nevermore album. Highly highly recommended.

Running Wild - "Black Hand Inn"

Angra really depends on your taste, but "Angels Cry" and "Holy Land" are good. Only two albums I've heard by them.

Bal Sagoth - only heard "Starfire Burning Upon The Ice-Veiled Throne Of Ultima Thule", but it's fucking awesome. Get it.

Thanks a ton.:worship:

More:
Mystic Prophecy - Never Ending
Cirith Ungol - King Of The Dead
Grave Digger - The Grave Digger
Pegazus - Wings Of Destiny
Rhapsody - Legendary Tales (but the best song is on Dawn Of Victory: Holy Thunderforce)

I AM LISTENING TO A TRACK BY THEM AND THEY SOUND GOOD ANY ONE ELSE LIKE THEM AND IS THERE ANY SIMILAR BANDS? I DO NOT NORMAL THIS SORTOF STUFF GIVE A BEGINNERS GUIDE CHEERS BRUVS:kickass:

Yes I love them paddy, good choice!! There isn't anyone else quite like them, although there are many Viking Metal bands.

Falkenbach is quite unique, however.

YES PINKIE I LIKE THEM A LOT BUT I NEED TO GET MORE TRACKS TO LISTEN TO I ONLY HAVE ONE AND THAT IS INTO THE ARDENT AWAITED LAND
1071logo9xx.gif

Erik said:
Not many bands sound exactly like Falkenbach but unless you have Bathory's "viking" era albums "Hammerheart" and "Twilight of the Gods" you really need them paddy, Falkenbach was obviously partly inspired by those :kickass:
WHAT ALBUM SHALL I START WITH BRUV:kickass: ( OF FALKENBACH BRUV)

Status
Not open for further replies.