RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercy/Severity said:
Anyone have any dark ambient recommendations?
in the vein of Burzum's Hildskjalf. (i have all other burzum releases so no burzum recommendations thanks in advance)
Marblebog "Wind of Moors"
Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra "Midnight Fullmoon"
Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra "Insatiable Moon"
Nest

Necro Joe said:
Anyone got an opinion on the best Slough Feg album?
My favorites are Down Amongst the Dead Man and Twilight of the Idols. Self Titled and Traveller are amazing albums, but I enjoy DATDM and TotI more. Atatavism is great, but I don't like the short songs and all the instrumentals.

I've never heard Blood Box...weird. Kinda under the radar...care to link me up? Thanks!

Also, as we're on the topic of electronics AGAIN, the new Navicon Torture Technologies album reached my doorstep yesterday...it's called Pure-Skin and it's fucking brilliant, as usual for Leech and his project. Dark ambient tapestries crossed with pummeling industrial noise with vocals.

http://myspace.com/navicontorturetechnologies

Carcassian said:
Down among the deadmen, Joe, by a factor of two.

Their other albums are rather spiffing too, though.

Yeah I suck for not having any of their stuff already, I bought The August Engine by Hammers of Misfortune recently and that's inspired me to get off my ass and correct this blatent foolishness.

Necro Joe said:
Yeah I suck for not having any of their stuff already, I bought The August Engine by Hammers of Misfortune recently and that's inspired me to get off my ass and correct this blatent foolishness.

I don't have any Hammers of Misfortune dude, so that's kind of equal, nes't pas?

Necro Joe said:
Anyone got an opinion on the best Slough Feg album?

The self-titled debut, definitely. I believe the quality descends with each album btw. Which says a lot because Atavism is still pretty cracking.

How are the following albums.

Acrimony-Hymns To The Stone
Solstice(eng)-Lamentations(and the e.p and second fullength)
Carpathian Full Moon-Serenades In Blood Minor
Dream Death-Journey Into Mystery
Penance-The Road Less Travelled,Parallel Corners
Godsend-first 3
Internal Void-Standing On The Sun
Left Hand Solution-Shadowdance
Memento Mori-Rhymes Of Lunacy
Mourn-s/t
Wretched-Life out There
Sorcerer-s/t

Status
Not open for further replies.