RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swano's a good recommendation...he rules solo. But not much like Anata except maybe the first Anata disc...

If you mean older Anata, try Garden Of Shadows and Greenfly..

If you mean newer, LISTEN TO GORY BLISTER.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Swano's a good recommendation...he rules solo. But not much like Anata except maybe the first Anata disc...

If you mean older Anata, try Garden Of Shadows and Greenfly..

If you mean newer, LISTEN TO GORY BLISTER.

Yeah, Gory Blister is awesome.

I am looking for some doom metal like Ahab, Ocean or Tyranny. Could you guys help, these bands play my favourite genre besides death and black metal. I am looking for some super, uber depressive stuff.

Killbot said:
Kong and Dysrythmia. both instrumental bands.

He asked for expirimental metal bands. Dysrythmia is not a metalband you dweeb!!!

I dont know any female fronted band that wouldnt suck, and I doubt this one will be an exclusion. Sorry.

The Greys said:
How is the following band cd.

Orodruin(us)-Epicurean Mass

Old-school doom with some deathdoom moments. Overall, a great listen, but nothing that will really stick with you. Still, check it out; Peasants' Lament owns you.

Demiricous - is this band any good? I've seen their CD in stores and they are going to be on tour with Dismember in the fall. I always thought they were just another trendy metalcore band, but I have just found out that they are supposedly a thrash band. Is this true, or is it some lame neo-thrash shit? I would just go listen to a sample but I have a slow connection, so I'm asking for your opinion(s).

Is The Gathering 'always' remastered end records re-release that same as the 3 bonus track digipack version. I'm not sure if there are two different versions.

The Greys said:
How is the following band cd.

Orodruin(us)-Epicurean Mass

Fucking excellent. No death doom like VVVV says, just a couple times where the vocals turn a tad harsh for a few seconds. Anyways, one of the better trad doom bands as of late. They also incorporate the organ. :kickass:

Doomcifer said:
Fucking excellent. No death doom like VVVV says, just a couple times where the vocals turn a tad harsh for a few seconds. Anyways, one of the better trad doom bands as of late. They also incorporate the organ. :kickass:

Fucking fuck yes. You'll definitely like them, Greys.

Doomcifer said:

Alright I listened to a bit more again, I definitely remember it having more harsh vocals than that...oh well. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.