RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been meaning to get in touch with those guys for an interview for about 3 years now. Are you "in" on their happenings? Any idea if they're actually recording anything at the moment?

Décadent said:
I've been meaning to get in touch with those guys for an interview for about 3 years now. Are you "in" on their happenings? Any idea if they're actually recording anything at the moment?
Well I know they're rehearsing, and have some tentative plans for some live dates over summer. As for recording more material, I don't know if that's a plan at the moment.

Can you guys tell me something about Blut Aus Nord, actually I am interested on their "The Mystical Beast Of Rebellion" album.

(M)aggoT said:
Can you guys tell me something about Blut Aus Nord, actually I am interested on their "The Mystical Beast Of Rebellion" album.

I really enjoy Ultima Thulee..... Really odd black metal.

cookiecutter said:
I'm looking for some quality brutal death. recomend away VVVVV and others :kickass:

Poppy Seed Grinder(link)
Get their only album, Oppressed Reality. Very good American-styled brutal death/grind from Czech lands...

Nefas (link)
Brutal, improvised-sounding (at times) Italian death metal in the vein of a rawer, less structured Nile or Cryptopsy.

Woundeep (link)
Japanese NYDM with someone from Vomit Remnants (also completely amazing) somewhere in the band.

Inveracity (link)
Greek (!) NY-styled death metal...very much like early Suffocation (notice the band name!)

Jasad (link)
A bunch of ridiculously brutal Indonesian dudes; raw and brutal, of course.

Cenotaph (link)
Accept-no-substitutes kings of Turkish death metal; imagine Necrophagist with less wankery and more BRUALITY!

Ancient Necropsy
(link)
One-man Colombian deathgrind...interestingly melodic, yet of course BRUTAL!

Insidious Decrepancy (link)
TXDM by one of the most credible guys in the field, Shawn Whitaker (Viral Load, Infant Jesus Bukkake, etc.)...technical and heavy death metal.

Wasteform (link)
NYDM in the old style; plain and simple! KILLER.

Saprogenic (link)
Innovative brutal deathgrind dudes play with sophisticated melodic sections aside from the typical blast-and-gurgle (that they also do ridiculously well).

Mithras
(link)
Here's a weird one; British ambient-influenced progressive/experimental brutal death fuckin' metal. Imagine Morbid Angel on LSD!

!!!!

poppy seed grinder

:lol:

This is exactly why I don't check out death metal bands past 95.

(M)aggoT said:

Everything they have released is awesome, but "The Work Which Transforms God" is their best by far.

Now, can I get some recommendations of bands like:

Saturnus
Swallow the Sun
Mourning Beloveth
Mythological Cold Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.