RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zephyrus said:
Reccomend me some neo-old-school swedish death metal along the lines of Kaamos and Bloodbath. I like a modern production and uniqueness.

Repugnant (now defunct unfortunately)
Massive Assault
Nominon (mentioned by Malignance)
Necrovation
Verminous
Funebrarum
Ribspreader
Tribulation
Karnarium
Revokation
Deathevokation
Flesh

What are the best online metal mail-order distros? Specifically in terms of pricing and speed of delivery. Please keep in mind I am from Canada so NA distros only please, thanks.

also if their are any sites with good deals on now or some sort of special I would be interested in checking them out as well.

The_Isle said:
Can anyone tell me what Sikth is like, or if they're remotely metal or not, whether they're worth checking out etc. ta.

i once heard somebody describe them as a mix of a somewhat less technical dillinger escape plan and a less insane mr. bungle, but more melodic than either one. that's close. i also hear bits of 3rd wave melodeath, some prog-post-rock stuff, and they've also got some obvious spiral architect influence, and i guess they dig Nick Cave too cause they covered "tupelo" on the first album, and then they did a song that songs like some middle eastern thing Led Zeppelin would have done...

i haven't heard the new album, i didn't like the single much, but i command you to get the first one or be square, d00d. you may completely fucking hate it, but if you can get into it you'll be amazed by how quality it is and how amazing the musicians involved are.

i liked god dethroned for a while. then i realised they are pretty fucking boring. i wouldnt bother with it. there is better death metal out there. (i heard lair of the white worm).

immolation - close to a world below = must have.

Can any-one recomend me any highly melodic death or black metal like Cradle of Filths latest album Nymphetamine.
And some bands that scream but sing in there hooks/choruses for a bit of melody like Trivium, Killswitch Engage or Atreyu.
Thanks.
Shane

OK thanks.
I live in Aus. so i cant find Kerrang or Metal Hammer and i dont get MTV.
i've looked all over the net but cant realy find much.

Maybe Opeth...I like em
check out amazon though, you can sometimes lsiten to samples of songs

byrne said:
i liked god dethroned for a while. then i realised they are pretty fucking boring. i wouldnt bother with it. there is better death metal out there. (i heard lair of the white worm).

immolation - close to a world below = must have.

I prefere unholy cult and any other immolation(except harnessing ruin) which by no means is a bad album.

Cirith Ungol; i've got King Of The Dead and am soon to receive One Foot In Hell, is the first album Frost And Fire worth getting and is it better than either of these two?

Oh and Omen's Warning of Danger, is that worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.