RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
J Mann said:
What are the best online metal mail-order distros? Specifically in terms of pricing and speed of delivery.

There's a distro review thread here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228211.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Now, can I get some recommendations of bands like:

Saturnus
Swallow the Sun
Mourning Beloveth
Mythological Cold Towers

Maybe not the most similar, but try Funeral from Norway. They have female vocals. Also, Stone Wings from Australia are a very good (and overlooked) doom death band.

How is that new Mythological Cold Towers by the way?

I'm going to recommend everyone get the following three albums:

Wicked Innocence - Omnipotence
Wicked Innocence - Worship
Wicked Innocence - Opium Empire

Ex-cally-boo said:

Which one should I check out first?

I'd suggest Omnipotence, as it is the easiest to find through downloading, even if it is the hardest to actually buy ... and it is their most normal release.

I'm on my first listen of Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung, and I'm really liking it so far. Which NM should I get next, and what are some similarly good bands, perhaps a little more metal than this one? It's about as folky as I'm willing to get into at this point.

Ex-cally-boo said:

Have them all along with the 8 song Anthropological Infestation 1994 demo which came out one year before Omnipotence, none of the songs are on Omnipotence so it's a great demo because you don't have to hear two versions of some songs. I sold Opium Empire because the line up is all different(except the drummer) and it sucks. awful

noitcefrepdewalf said:
1. is Wintersun worth listening to?
is Agathodaimon worth listening to?

and if i wanna listen to Godflesh what songs are good?

Not a big Wintersun fan, but they're probably worth listening to, I'm just a picky bastard.
Agathodaimon aren't worth listening to, unless you like crap.
Can't help with Godflesh.

Now Playing: Krieg - "The Black House" - Fallen Princes Of Sightless Vi [04:27/06:42]

Oh my god, this part of this song is amazing, I am really diggin this... what are other good Krieg albums?

Killbot said:
Not a big Wintersun fan, but they're probably worth listening to, I'm just a picky bastard.
Agathodaimon aren't worth listening to, unless you like crap.
Can't help with Godflesh.

aight thanks i listened to Wintersun and there aren't bad

i'll steer clear of Agathodaimon

and ill just download godflesh cause i like the name and i like the genre

MasterOLightning said:
I'm on my first listen of Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung, and I'm really liking it so far. Which NM should I get next, and what are some similarly good bands, perhaps a little more metal than this one? It's about as folky as I'm willing to get into at this point.

Get Goat Horns next, but Weltanschauung is their best CD.

swizzlenuts said:
Now Playing: Krieg - "The Black House" - Fallen Princes Of Sightless Vi [04:27/06:42]

Oh my god, this part of this song is amazing, I am really diggin this... what are other good Krieg albums?

Destruction Ritual is mandatory Krieg. Raw and inhuman. Though, I'd suggest their split with Morte Incandescente as it's more in the vein of The Black House.

Status
Not open for further replies.