RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they certainly are. All of their output is fantastic. I haven't heard a better modern deathdoom band really...

Also, get EVERYTHING by Blut aus Nord. EXCELLENT band...early stuff is more traditional romantic-style BM with lots of melody aside from the grinding, HEAVY tremolo stuff...excellent themes and lyrics on Memoria Vetusta. HIGHLY HIGHLY FUCKING recommended.

cookiecutter said:
I'm looking for some quality brutal death. recomend away VVVVV and others :kickass:

Severe Torture (esp. the "Misanthropic Carnage" album, 10/10)
Pyaemia
Brutus
Prostitute Disfigurement
Disavowed
Inveracity
Decrepit Birth
Disgorge (US)
Cryptopsy's "Blasphemy Made Flesh" and "None So Vile"
Vile
Odious Mortem
Brodequin
Spawn Of Possession
Lust Of Decay
Beheaded
Sepsism
Ingurgitating Oblivion
Despondency
Stabwound
Vomit The Soul
Guttural Secrete

I'm looking for bands like Bolt Thrower. Modern death metal acts who rely on solid 'old school' style riffs and don't constantly use blastbeats and play at a million miles an hour. Perhaps something similar to the WarMaster or Mecenary albums.

Reccomend me some neo-old-school swedish death metal along the lines of Kaamos and Bloodbath. I like a modern production and uniqueness.

A certain local metal store is having a half-off everything sale at midnight tonight. I plan on spending a lot of money, but on what exactly, I don't know yet. So far I plan on getting:

Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
Crushing the Holy Trinity collection
Darkthrone - Panzerfaust LP
Xasthur - Telepathic with the Deceased
Deathspell Omega - Infernal Battles

Any other suggestions? This store carries a good amount of stuff, probably not the real obscure ones though. Is the Abyssic Hate - Decade of Hate disc any good. I don't think he has Suicidal Emotions there.

wouldn't you know it, I buy a Slayer cd today and as soon as I get back home I find that Newbury Comics has sent me a coupon for 2 dollars off any Slayer cd.

MetalNoob said:
Hmm.. Just wondered what's everyones favorite Slayer album, mines Seasons in the Abyss.

I'll rank them all.

1. Reign in Blood
2. South of Heaven
3. Seasons in the Abyss
4. Show No Mercy
5. Hell Awaits
6. everything else

Alrighty kids. Help is needed.

I have had Immolation's Failures For Gods for quite a while and i've enjoyed it quite a bit. What do you suggest I get next? (Feel free to rank their albums)

Also God Dethroned, what is worth getting by them? Are they any good?

Excellent.

I was thinking since Immolation have a near flawless discography i'd just pick the one with the best cover art, this would've probably been the choice. Immolation do have nice artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.