RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterOLightning said:
I'm on my first listen of Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung, and I'm really liking it so far. Which NM should I get next, and what are some similarly good bands, perhaps a little more metal than this one? It's about as folky as I'm willing to get into at this point.

If you like Weltanschauung I'd say go for NeChrist, it's more similar to W. than Goat Horns which someone recomended.

The band Kroda might be worth checking out if you want more of roughly the same sort

I think anyone reading this should check out Graveworm unless you already listen to them obviously. They are compared to Cradle of Filth, but I think they are more melodic and a bit slower than Cradle, and the screaming/roaring vocalist Stefan Fiori has the abilities that Danni Filth has, but can't get to the same ridiculous height of screaming. Much more melodic, with keyboards that may not seem obvious at first, but are used very well, with excellent drumming and some very heavy riffs too. Definatly worth a look and a listen.
(www.graveworm.de)

Status
Not open for further replies.