RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
witchhunterni said:
I'm lazy as shit. So....what albums are good to start with from:

Carcass
Bolt Thrower

Carcass - Necroticism if you like normal death metal or Heartwork if you have more melodic leanings. They are both good albums.

Bolt Thrower - I would suggest the newest album "Those Once Loyal" because compared to the other Bolt Thrower album I own (The IVth Crusade) it is equal in song quality but light years ahead in production.

Try to get Carcassian's tips on these bands because he's quite the afficianado about Carcass and Bolt Thrower.

cookiecutter said:
Carcass - Necroticism if you like normal death metal or Heartwork if you have more melodic leanings. They are both good albums.

Bolt Thrower - I would suggest the newest album "Those Once Loyal" because compared to the other Bolt Thrower album I own (The IVth Crusade) it is equal in song quality but light years ahead in production.

Try to get Carcassian's tips on these bands because he's quite the afficianado about Carcass and Bolt Thrower.

What he said :kickass:

cookiecutter said:

1) True. Necroticism is simply the most excellent album ever. I listen to it at least once a week, and I bought it ON THE WEEK OF RELEASE. That's a lot of fucking listens, and it hasn't got old yet.

2) I would pick ...For Victory as their single best, in terms of atmosphere and a pervading doomish tempo running through. That aside, 4th crusade, mercenary and those once loyal are ace too. Honour Valour Pride, while good, had poorer vocals and a very polished sound.

Carcass:

1. necroticisim
2. symphonies of sickness
3. heartwork

Bolt Thrower
1. warmaster
2. realm of chaos
3. for victory

noitcefrepdewalf said:
i need a melodic band with great guitar soloing and a range of vocals and for some reason i'm in the mood for more singing than usual...any suggestions?
Manilla Road.

Annihilator-alice in hell. Don't check out anything else from the band at all or if you do make sure you hear this album first so you don't discredit.
Destruction-eternal devastation
Sodom-persecution mania,agent orange
Coroner-punishment for decadence
Dark Angel-darkness descends
Exhorder-slaughter in the vatican
Forbidden-twisted into form. Thrash with a clean vocal twist.
Kreator-pleasure to kill
Sadus-swallowed in black,a vision of misery

Kreator - Endless Pain
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Exhorder - Slaughter In The Vatican
Artillery - Fear Of Tomorrow
Morbid Saint - Spectrum Of Death
Evildead - Annihilation Of Civilization
Sadus - Swallowed In Black

Status
Not open for further replies.