RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
France gets bullied the world over. They bail us (the U.S.A.) out in the Revolutionary War, give us a 100+ ft tall monument made of copper, and we turn around and treat 'em like shit. Even the Algerians punked out France!

High On Maiden said:
Great Britain have crushed France for centuries, they hardly began failing in the 20th.

No doubt some Frenchman will try and tell us about the Norman invasion.

Just be sure to remind them that the Normans were of viking descent, and not French.:D

Ex-cally-boo said:
So, >.> What I am looking for, is a more metal version of Dredg, think you can help?
Never heard dredg, but try Isis. I think I've heard some comparisons. Get the Mosquito Control EP, Oceanic, and Panopticon

hey guys, I want to get a new Megadeth album, I already have rust in peace.
I want to get either peace sell, so far so good so what, or countdown. So which one should I get next?

SkeetsMaloy said:
Life Sucks, maybe you can give me a hand with this since you're a big Primordial fan.

Looking for albums or bands that have the same vibe/sound similar to 'Spirit The Earth Aflame'
Hmm. Primordial kind of have a sound of their own, especially on that CD. It's almost like melodic black metal with semi clean vocals. Maybe try Geasa, but they are still not all that similar. Someone also mentioned that the band Alchemist is somewhat simlar to Primordial, and I somewhat agree.

In regards to Abigail, Welcome All Hell Fuckers; and Forever Street Metal Bitch are their best IMO.

Can someone recommend me some catchy, more traditional-riffing style metal, along the lines of Iced Earth's "Something Wicked This Way Comes" album, Solitude Aeternus's "Beyond The Crimson Horizon", Goat Horn's "Storming The Gates", etc.

I'd prefer it not be gay sounding like Dragonforce plz thx

Perdition's Light said:
Can someone recommend me some catchy, more traditional-riffing style metal, along the lines of Iced Earth's "Something Wicked This Way Comes" album, Solitude Aeternus's "Beyond The Crimson Horizon", Goat Horn's "Storming The Gates", etc.
Airged L'Amh "The Silver Arm"
Solstice "New Dark Age"
Candlemass "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus"
Sorcerer "Heathens from the North"
Cirith Ungol "King of the Dead"
Manilla Road "Gates of Fire"
Manowar "Hail to England"
Heathendom "Demo 2005"
Doomshine "Thy Kingdoom Come"
Crom (GER) "The Fallen Beauty EP"
The Lord Weird Slough Feg "Down Among the Deadmen"

Erik said:
Airged L'Amh "The Silver Arm"
Solstice "New Dark Age"
Candlemass "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus"
Sorcerer "Heathens from the North"
Cirith Ungol "King of the Dead"
Manilla Road "Gates of Fire"
Manowar "Hail to England"
Heathendom "Demo 2005"
Doomshine "Thy Kingdoom Come"
Crom (GER) "The Fallen Beauty EP"
The Lord Weird Slough Feg "Down Among the Deadmen"

Pretty good list, but I wouldn't pick "Epicus" by Candlemass. Nightfall is superior.

Carcassian said:
Pretty good list, but I wouldn't pick "Epicus" by Candlemass. Nightfall is superior.
you speak lies

goes like this

1. epicus doomicus metallicus
2. nightfall
3. tales of creation
4. ancient dreams
5. chapter vi
6. dactylis glomerata
7. from the 13th sun
8. candlemass

epicus is UNTOUCHABLE

either way, i have and enjoy both. i think i do prefer nightfall myself, actually.

the candlemass was the only album on the list I *had* heard though.

Status
Not open for further replies.