RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impudent said:
Why not just get all of them? Except maybe the last two.

I had the last two, good god did they suck.

I don't have much money right now, thats why I'm only getting one.

ok I'm trying to decide between getting Graveland's Fire Chariot Of Destruction or Enslaved's first album. make a good case so I can make a sound decision!

Fire Chariot is a solid album, but "more of the same." Vikingligr Veldi is a brilliant album, and was reissued with their Hordanes Land EP, so if you can find that version, it's even more worth getting.

im looking for some brutal/melodic death, where i can actually make out the riffs and tunes and with good vocals, any suggestions?

thanks

ohiogrinder said:
ok I'm trying to decide between getting Graveland's Fire Chariot Of Destruction or Enslaved's first album. make a good case so I can make a sound decision!
if in doubt when choosing between two releases generally considered at least "good," check release dates and get the earliest of the two

NEVER FAILS

MasKedRage said:
im looking for some brutal/melodic death, where i can actually make out the riffs and tunes and with good vocals, any suggestions?

thanks

I reccomend Hypocrisy's latest album "Virus".

WHY DOES MY POST KEEP GETTING FUCKING DELETED THIS IS NOT A TROLL:
i want underground black metal reccomendations from 88-93.

Recommend me some albums/bands that sound similar to Satyricon's Dark Medieval Times and Ulver's Bergtatt. I really enjoy the how the acoustic sections are worked in and the subtle use of keys.

Evil? said:
Recommend me some albums/bands that sound similar to Satyricon's Dark Medieval Times and Ulver's Bergtatt. I really enjoy the how the acoustic sections are worked in and the subtle use of keys.

Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symphonia

Keyboards are at the forefront but they're played as a primary instrument with remarkable skill, not as a background effect to cheese up the riffs. Hellhammer's behind the kit so expect the best drumming in the business.

Borknagar - s/t

Keys are about as subtle as Dark Medieval Times (but more varied) and the guitarwork is top-notch, creating a perfect atmosphere. There are also some acoustic sections. Drumming is phenomenal as well.

Both bands take unique directions after these base albums, but if you care to explore these courses, it's best to start at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.