RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
cookiecutter said:
Stop messing with my brain :erk:

While we're on topic though, what goregrind bands would you recommend?

LDOH (of course)
Neurovisceral Exhumation
Oxidized Razor
Anally Aborted Fetus
Vomitorial Corpulence (they're christian, so be careful)
Regurgitate
General Surgery
The County Medical Examiners

I don't listen to much goregrind, but thats the best I could come up with

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I'm sure he ... to sheer insanity.

:kickass: Thanks man. My goregrind experience is limited to browsing myspace and liking what I hear from all those bands. I did see your comp a while back but I went on vacation before I could download it. I'll dig it up when I get a chance.

What I am liking about the goregrind that I am hearing is that it just has a sick and powerful energy without being overly technical. I also am a big fan of low, pitchshifted, and disgusting vocals.

Also thanks to ohiogrinder for his input:kickass:

Yeah! Goregrind is essentially (mainly fast) death metal structured music with shorter songs and less focus on technicality/details. If you like insanely pitchshifted vocals, make Squash Bowels and Lymphatic Phlegm TOP priority. Both of those are great for that style.

ohiogrinder said:
I'm reposting this in the recommendations thread in case some of you might've missed it.

Gauze
Lipcream
GISM
United Mutation
Void
Die Kreuzen
Axegrinder
Amebix
SOB
Confuse
Gai

all really good early crust/hc/metal acts. check them out, its in your best interest.
I'll check some of these out, since I love crusty stuff.

This is for Necuratul, since he requested it, but anyone else interested please feel free to read! :D

Tondra/Nordic Mist - "Cracking the Hoarfrost/Into the Psyche Delve"

Tondra - Somewhat doomy death metal; downtuned and very distorted. Fans of old school death metal should enjoy. A lot of groove. Not as Celtic Frosty as I had expected, but still very enjoyable and there is a Hellhammer cover.

Nordic Mist - Blatant Celtic Frost worship from the band's name and logo, to the riffs and vocals. Very cool indeed. Any Celtic Frost fan should enjoy this. Not your standard death metal.

So, yes, I do recommend this. Though these are just first impressions, I was paying pretty close attention to it when I listened. If you want mp3's, I'll post some, but Hells Headbangers have some samples on their site, and I think you can find some on the bands' sites.

I just listened to Satyricon's, Dark Medieval Times for the first time and it ruled hard. I would recomend it to the 3 other people who have not yet heard this.

Seriously, are there any bands sounding like later-style Meshuggah these days? Their crazy rhythmic technique and constantly changing frame of reference was one of the greatest innovations of the 90s, but I feel it could still be implemented better. Sorta in the same way that Possessed's death metal was improved upon later by other bands.

Does anyone know of any vocalists that sound like Chuck did on Symolic and The Sound of Preservance?

Actually, does anyone know of any albums that sound like Symbolic/The sound of Preservance?

Any good industrial bands out there? I listened to some fear factory, aborym, strapping young lad are there any other bands with that industrial edge to them?

I-Oblivion-I said:
Any good industrial bands out there? I listened to some fear factory, aborym, strapping young lad are there any other bands with that industrial edge to them?

Red Harvest
Rammstein
The Kovenant
Samael

listen to GODFLESH/JESU for starts, while doing a search for the industrial metal thread

I-Oblivion-I said:

Thee Maldoror Kollective - New Era Viral Order (serious ownage)
...and Oceans - A.M.G.O.D. (ownage that is not as serious)

hibernal_dream said:
Seriously, are there any bands sounding like later-style Meshuggah these days?

The new Textures album is fucking incredible and if you like Meshuggah you should like it plenty. It's even better than Meshuggah though.

nissan said:
Actually, does anyone know of any albums that sound like Symbolic/The sound of Preservance?

Gory Blister - Art Bleeds
Gory Blister - Skymorphosis
The absolute best in modern melodic technical/progressive death metal (though Gorod's new album is fantastic too). On Skymorphosis they even do a cover of "1,000 Eyes" which is absolutely perfect. Just listen; despite their gay name.

Evil? said:
I just listened to Satyricon's, Dark Medieval Times for the first time and it ruled hard. I would recomend it to the 3 other people who have not yet heard this.

Follow the path to righteousness, my son. Convert all the unbelievers to the greatness that is Satyricon's first three albums.

Didn't you buy that album weeks ago? What took you so long?

Authentic Metalhead said:
Follow the path to righteousness, my son. Convert all the unbelievers to the greatness that is Satyricon's first three albums.

Didn't you buy that album weeks ago? What took you so long?

It just arrived in the mail yesterday. Took for fucking ever:zombie:

Status
Not open for further replies.