Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I recall 2 or 3-year old interview with SOB (?) where Alexi said, that he could write stuff like SW, but he doesn't want to. He doesn't feel like writing that kind of music anymore.

I think it was the interview with Zarok where he was talking about his time back where he punched or kicked some dude in the face direct from stage or something... Right after BD came out.

Edit: Wow, after I read my sentece again I must admit that I was never that unsure in my life about grammer, tense and vocabulary. I should stop drinking

^Yep, I think so too.

And remember: this album is more riff oriented according to Alexi. So anyone who is no fan of the riffs; you might have a problem.

However, I still hope that this is a one off and indeed completely different from Bodom's sound on the rest of the album. This one probably isn't bad to listen to live, but the Hell Yeah! is even lamer than the H-A-T-E.
A guaranteed fun time when drunk though.

Well they've all ("evil" Matt Hyde included) that WIWI is one of a kind in the album and that it strays away from Bodom's usual standards, so with that and SKO I think it's pretty clear that the album is not going to be WIWI style.

Holy Shit, worst promotion ever, I would rather let some shitty 128k mp3 be leaked instead of "releasing" it through the radio. Man, of course people will rip it and even put weird effects on it(additional to the stuff that happens with the song while being streamed) and thats better than letting people hear a shitty version of the real thing? lol

Exactly my thoughts. Plus they've not even said anything on their homepage. Last time around (even if it leaked) I think they did a much better promotional job. Right now they're doing pretty much nothing. For that I don't know why they're holding the album back so long.

I recall 2 or 3-year old interview with SOB (?) where Alexi said, that he could write stuff like SW, but he doesn't want to. He doesn't feel like writing that kind of music anymore.

Bingo.

What the hell guys? When I heard the song yesterday I thought "Holysh!t now the forums will be full of praises and compliments on the new song!" but seems to be exatcly the opposite for the most part.
The reason for that is that the fans here love Bodom more than anything and because of that we are extra critical. Simply because it's hard to hear them play something else. Not that it's immediately bad. WIWI is just okayish for me now.

Oh, and the "Hell Yeah's" are so bodom. Where have you been the last 7 years?
No. Fuck yeah! and Fuck [whatever] is Bodom. Hell Yeah feels too censored. Like they knew this was the commercial song so they did this. It fits the chorus though. That's not the problem.

Agree ,"Hell yeah" sound censored .
though its great to this song
only two things i dislike
vocals quality
And that poor solo !

Alexi contradicted himself, then. I think the statement about him not knowing how he came up with his old shit was pretty recent, though.

However, even if Alexi today said he could write shit like the HB and FTR album I wouldn't believe him.

You know what's the problem with the solo: it is so slow in comparison to other ones. And also doesn't really fit the riffs of the song.
Also; those three high pitched thingies (not sure of they are part of the solo or a bridge or something) remind me of those thingies (I'm so good in explaining things) in Triple Corpse Hammerblow. Except there it was done better.

However, even if Alexi today said he could write shit like the HB and FTR album I wouldn't believe him.

Technically he could, but the creativity and atmosphere etc doesn't come just like that. Those songs aren't products, they're inventions. But it's important to always compose spontaneously what comes out of the heart. Every album has a strength and weakness as they're different each, and everyone has different taste, and like the artist the listeners' taste evolves as time passes.

Is he really sure he could again compose another Hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper? Cos being able to play them doesn't mean that. One thing's for sure: many would like to see him try.

Right now all I care is to listen to this album as soon as possible. It could be amazing.

Why shouldn't he able to do a second FTR or HB? Just because he's playing another style doesn't mean he can't repeat his old stuff. For example... I played piano almost 10 years and did a few own songs back when I started playing piano which were totally different to the songs I did when I end playing piano but I could write the same old songs whenever I want. Same with guitar. My first own songs were all acoustic songs. Totally Metallica, rock, blues and country oriented but since 6 or 7 years or so I play or write almost whole metal songs. But I could always do acoustic songs again. You know what I mean?

Why shouldn't he able to do a second FTR or HB? Just because he's playing another style doesn't mean he can't repeat his old stuff. For example... I played piano almost 10 years and did a few own songs back when I started playing piano which were totally different to the songs I did when I end playing piano but I could write the same old songs whenever I want. Same with guitar. My first own songs were all acoustic songs. Totally Metallica, rock, blues and country oriented but since 6 or 7 years or so I play or write almost whole metal songs. But I could always do acoustic songs again. You know what I mean?

Agreed. They can always go back to the old stuff, but playing the same thing on stage over and over again can get really boring. After all it's their band. I can say whatever I want on this forum, but who listens? They don't care. The only way I can see me making a difference is, if I actually was the reviewer and gave em lower score, because it's not what I wanted to hear (based on my opinion, just like every other reviewer). I mean, even if I don't buy this album (if it sucks), then I know that 10 more hardcore bodom kids will buy it day one. It makes no difference to the band.

You know what's the problem with the solo: it is so slow in comparison to other ones. And also doesn't really fit the riffs of the song.
Also; those three high pitched thingies (not sure of they are part of the solo or a bridge or something) remind me of those thingies (I'm so good in explaining things) in Triple Corpse Hammerblow. Except there it was done better.

It just feels like it breaks up the flow of the song a lot. (And yes, those are bidges.) You've got this great song flowing, moving, and then-everything stops for those three not-so-impressive little tricks there. An interesting experiment, and it works well enough, but they might have tried to get those truly perfected before using them in a song.

It just feels like it breaks up the flow of the song a lot. (And yes, those are bidges.) You've got this great song flowing, moving, and then-everything stops for those three not-so-impressive little tricks there. An interesting experiment, and it works well enough, but they might have tried to get those truly perfected before using them in a song.

I'm certain the reason people are hating the solo is because their mind was expecting something else entirely. I've digested the song fully now and I think the solo section is perfect for the song, given its a 'party song'. I think after people get over the fact that it isn't a classic COB song they will really enjoy the song and the solos too.