Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Why shouldn't he able to do a second FTR or HB? Just because he's playing another style doesn't mean he can't repeat his old stuff. For example... I played piano almost 10 years and did a few own songs back when I started playing piano which were totally different to the songs I did when I end playing piano but I could write the same old songs whenever I want. Same with guitar. My first own songs were all acoustic songs. Totally Metallica, rock, blues and country oriented but since 6 or 7 years or so I play or write almost whole metal songs. But I could always do acoustic songs again. You know what I mean?

My belief is that is HB and FTR are a result of Alexi's passion for that style of playing at the time and if he tried now it'd be forced and therefore not the same.

Why shouldn't he able to do a second FTR or HB? Just because he's playing another style doesn't mean he can't repeat his old stuff. For example... I played piano almost 10 years and did a few own songs back when I started playing piano which were totally different to the songs I did when I end playing piano but I could write the same old songs whenever I want. Same with guitar. My first own songs were all acoustic songs. Totally Metallica, rock, blues and country oriented but since 6 or 7 years or so I play or write almost whole metal songs. But I could always do acoustic songs again. You know what I mean?

Yes, that's why I wrote:
"Technically he could, but the creativity and atmosphere etc doesn't come just like that. Those songs aren't products, they're inventions."

Could he make another Silent Night, Bodom Night?
Could he make another Everytime I Die?

If he could, he would, and the world would go down on its knees.
Or what, he honestly thought making Lobodomy and Roadkill Morning were better ideas?...

If those old masterpieces are some sort of tabu, why is it that these thrash bombs have to be written all over again?

This is how I see it, u know.

Mmh.. if forced or not... it's hard to say but I think he could do another old-Bodom song again. It's like riding a bicycle for the first time. What you have learnd once is always in your head. You can't lose that

Whatever... old Bodom is lame (but not bad). I really want to hear new stuff.

When I ask can he do another Everytime I Die I mean it could sound different and be a different composion, but remind heavily of the atmosphere and style of that song. Why do those have to be unique, when there are like twenty of these thrash bomb type of songs? Unique songs are not some mathematics that you just know you can do. Or is Bodom just patterns being played one after another but we're too fanboys to realize that?... Of course as fans we think pretty much every Bodom track sounds different as it's a different composion. The truth is all the songs in each COB album 'sound' the same of course (apart from keyboard experimentations), but what makes for example ETID special in the FTR album is the balladish vibe (and tempo). Emotions don't transfer directly into scales etc. And now I'm thinking wayyyyy too fucking deep once again.

Technically he could, but the creativity and atmosphere etc doesn't come just like that. Those songs aren't products, they're inventions. But it's important to always compose spontaneously what comes out of the heart. Every album has a strength and weakness as they're different each, and everyone has different taste, and like the artist the listeners' taste evolves as time passes.

What was the last time you tried to write something? Not a riff, a complete songs for several instruments? Well, I'll tell you, writing music is 10% inspiration and the rest is hard, meticulous work.

Emotions don't transfer directly into scales etc.

Funny that you say that. Because in medieval church music certain chords and scales represented certain emotions. Of course, music has evolved since then, but an average reaction to a certain musical phrase can still be pretty predictable.

And I am Alexi Laiho. :Smug:

P.S. - Don't spam my inbox, I'm not gonna give you autograph.

I really don't know why you're being such an asshole, seriously. I'm not going to continue to argue, because sooner or later someone's going to get scolded for being off-topic. Whatever.

P.S. - I already have Alexi's autograph. You don't need to speak down to me like a child, because I'm an adult. Leave me alone.

I really don't know why you're being such an asshole, seriously. I'm not going to continue to argue, because sooner or later someone's going to get scolded for being off-topic. Whatever.

P.S. - I already have Alexi's autograph. You don't need to speak down to me like a child, because I'm an adult. Leave me alone.

Ok sweetie.

I have mixed feelings about Was it Worth it? For the most part I agree with the comments on the repetition and I wasn't really feeling the solo lol however I did like how the main melody way really catchy and well melodic (it gave me a flashback to the first time I really listened to bodom actually) so I have high hopes for this album. Hopefully they will take the aggressiveness of AYDY? and BD and combine it with the melodic awesomeness of their earlier stuff. Anyway thats just my 2 cents lol

I didn't like the song that much, but since it's the pop song of the album, I presume the others will be better. But, the intro of the song is awesome and reminds me of Sinergy and FTR somehow, but the song starts to suck right after that because of that nauseating "yankee-riff". Riffs like that are the absolute no. 1 reason why new COB sucks. Solo is also bad for the band's standards and the vocal distortion was overused, but at least they got one part right, unlike the last two albums :lol:

whatisthisidonteven.png

Funny that you say that. Because in medieval church music certain chords and scales represented certain emotions. Of course, music has evolved since then, but an average reaction to a certain musical phrase can still be pretty predictable.

Yeah I was thinking about that. I don't know theory so much so I don't how much COB writes by scales in their songs. I know they have self-composed stuff like the Needled melody that's not based on a scale. Then again what the hell do I know. Are the melodies of Everytime I Die based on certain chords and scales that create the emotion?

I even read about these "6 mystical notes that are supposed to open your "3rd eye" and produce infinite amounts of extacy if you listen to it 20 minutes" (some Japanese dude composed a CD by these notes and started selling the piece of crap on spiritual forums)... D A G D C Gb. Of course right when something new is found from the past it's exaggerated and written books about. This was some Egyptian or Chinese or whatever thing used in music ages ago.

I was thinking, if the album had a song that resembled Kissing the Shadows or Silent Night with constant melody and solos, fans would go nuts. Why shouldn't they do something that was 95% about the music, and not relying so heavily on verses etc. That would be a mega surprise. Watching Alexi and Janne improvise solos over a beat of Rammstein makes me think they should do that shit for a song.

Well, any group of notes ordered in ascending or descending order is technically a scale. Some are just more common than others.

What I'm saying is not that you can program a feeling into music, because of difference in perception from person to person, but most music is written as a reflection of emotional content. The better the composer's mastery of musical tools, and the knowledge of the emotional response they tend to produce, the more complete the description. The simple D-minor melody of ETD, for example, makes for a nice, memorable snapshot with a somber and melancholic atmosphere that you probably like it for (just my interpretation though; would have to ask the composer for a specific description).

Personally, I'm not big on ETD. I prefer Angels Don't Kill. Despite Mr. Tufnel's assertion that D minor is the saddest of all keys that instantly makes people weep, I'm more of a C minor "Sturm und Drang" kind of guy.

I was thinking, if the album had a song that resembled Kissing the Shadows or Silent Night with constant melody and solos, fans would go nuts. Why shouldn't they do something that was 95% about the music, and not relying so heavily on verses etc. That would be a mega surprise. Watching Alexi and Janne improvise solos over a beat of Rammstein makes me think they should do that shit for a song.

Considering that lyrics (and some would add vocals) has never been the strength of CoB, they'd definitely do well to release an instrumental track or two. Then again, their music isn't very voice-centric anyway, it's just that it seems that Alexi is more interested in doing riffs rather than memorable leads these days, which is a disappointment because imo most of them aren't that great.

What makes for example Silent Night feel different is it's like 'release the beast and try to keep up with vocals', while now most of the verses and even choruses are too much about the vocals instead of the music. So far tho it looks like they'll improve on that for the new album. The best COB songs have interesting verses and choruses and the vocals blend with the music.

Bodom 0.2, it wont happen ever again, even if they say old school just get along with it.

That won't happen, but they've actually written an good verse for Shovel KO and an interesting chorus for both Shovel and WIWI.