Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I don't understand why you even post your speculations if even you, yourself, don't think they mean any sense.
Because they are either well thought out, are interesting or just downright hilariously stupid.
But always better than anyone else could ever do.

Ah. Nothing changed since last visit to this post. Someone says something and than goes bitching at each other for 5 pages. I have abandoned it.

Do we really need speculations if there aren't any new news? To be honest. I just come here to laugh about the stupidity of some persons and Joonas ridiculous assumptions.
There were absolutely no really new news in this thread which I hadn't seen before anywhere else like cobhc.com or facebook.

Stop whining, that's all you do on this sorry ass forum.

It's a standard thing some bands do and some consumers want it. Not that I care about your discontent with everything someone does but goddamn, what's in it for you in the end?

So just cause it's someone's standard, it's good? Geez, consumers these days.

And yeah I bitch cause there's bitching to be done. Not about everything, just when something sucks. I bring the Zen to this forum, restore the equilibrium with the "OMG anything Bodom is awesome" posts. Or maybe I'm just fooling around. I have fun with it. Your problem?

Alright!! I thought I was the only one who liked that song here

I mean how can you not like it...just look at these awesome, yet somewhat morbidly funny lyrics.

Seem so bland you sucker punk
Cant see my jumper cables on my junk?
Why would you worry 'bout me?

Fucked up rolling on the floor
Going down like a whore
Just like lightning from the sky
Another roadkill morning, break down and cry

Seem so bland you sucker punk
Cant see my jumper cables on my junk?
Why would you worry 'bout me?

I'm prett sure the first line is "Sneaks up like a sucker punch" :oops:

And I agree, we all know Joonas has shit pouring out of his mouth, and It's always funny when he tries to justify his ridiculous comments! :p

Any magazines coming out with COB headlines? There's only been ONE review of the album so far (I'm checking google daily) and even that didn't reveal much or dig deep, in fact it smelt like marketing and not an honest review. I've noticed there's always a review posted online about 2-3 months before the release where the new album is praised as "probably the best." For me the whole thing about always praising the new album as the best is not only retarded but also insulting to the band's great past albums. Why does it always have to be the best, why can't it be "a great addition." Think about In Flames, their new album is absolutely horrible and they kept talking about the "big sound" and all. I could smell that but I still don't know what to expect from RRF.

It's not a proper review imo if it doesn't compare what's worse & better about it compared to the rest of the band's discography. How else could you write a proper review? Wow this is heavy metal doesn't really give much insight into a new COB album. It did say the vocals being better (...) and stressed the importance of the keyboards to the band's sound - which might be bad because Blooddrunk already was an album that would be nothing special if they stripped it off the keyboards. Reviews are interesting when the reviewer dares to say not just positive things about the new album but to critically compare it to the past albums. That one review from Metropolis seemed like done by a 25 year old guy who got this cool opportunity and didn't want to say anything bad.

Reviews pop up when the cd gets send to the reviewers. But you know that they want to prevent leaks as much as possible so they don't send anything out yet. That guy from the review was at a listening party and clearly stated that it wasn't a full review, as he only heard the songs once.
Besides, it's still 2 months and reviews of cds never pop up this early. Mid February is a better indication.

Think about In Flames, their new album is absolutely horrible and they kept talking about the "big sound" and all. I could smell that but I still don't know what to expect from RRF.

A Sense of Purpose was an awesome album, it was well produced with some clever song writing in there and very melodic/heavy at the same time. Alias is an amazing song, it's definitely my favourite by them. I don't get why people dislike their current style. People need to chill out over bands they think "sell out" when they're actually just maturing as song writers.

^Agree , im waiting for norther and inflames new albums too !
Same except with Norther, but I'll probably pick Norther up as well. In Flames along with CoB and Wintersun will be my top3 albums of 2011 for sure. New Amon Amarth in late March as well can be pretty nice.

A Sense of Purpose was an awesome album, it was well produced with some clever song writing in there and very melodic/heavy at the same time. Alias is an amazing song, it's definitely my favourite by them. I don't get why people dislike their current style. People need to chill out over bands they think "sell out" when they're actually just maturing as song writers.

Ok that song has a good melody thingy. Didn't listen to many songs off the album. But... is there anything else good or new to this song than the melody?

And if maturing means less soloing etc then rather not mature.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still having quite positive expectations about RRF, but I don't belive it's going to be among my most expected albums of the year. I'm mostly waiting for new Thulcandra, Repugnant and Sacrilegious Impalement. New Wintersun will surely be interesting, if they release it this year.

Ok that song has a good melody thingy. Didn't listen to many songs off the album. But... is there anything else good or new to this song than the melody?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFtoObI4ctM

And if maturing means less soloing etc then rather not mature.
The acoustic part is fucking sick, and personally I love the catchy chorus. But please don't bring up a New vs Old In Flames discussion in the RRF thread, it's pointless. You either like all of their music, some of their music or none of their music, it's that simple.
But for me, In Flames will always be my #1 band, and CoB 2nd.

Same except with Norther, but I'll probably pick Norther up as well. In Flames along with CoB and Wintersun will be my top3 albums of 2011 for sure. New Amon Amarth in late March as well can be pretty nice.

I'm also quite curious about the upcoming album you mentoned, but is a date really set for wintersun? Or is it just like usual.

I'm also quite curious about the upcoming album you mentoned, but is a date really set for wintersun? Or is it just like usual.
It will with all certainty be released late summer or sometime during fall.
Jari is basically done with all recordings now. It's the mixing and shit that's left now.

So good releases still to come in death/thrash/black, so Cob definitely isnt most major release in 2011

Nah, the new Moonsorrow and Samael albums are the shit to look forward to. Although the new Thulcandra may be worth checking out as well.

Although the new Thulcandra may be worth checking out as well.

I'm eagerly looking forward to it. The debut was a great album, though maybe a little too much Dissection "plagiarizing". Likely they have developed their own sound a little more on the new album.