Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Uhh, that's clearly not the meaning of "show off" I'm using.

I'm not trying to use it in an insulting way. But at the same time, there's no denying that Alexi is pretty boastful about his guitar skills.

Show-off is when people play fast but un-creative solos that are just simple patterns being played back to back, to fool people who don't understand guitar playing.
This is exactly how I see Alexis solos in Clash of the Booze Brothers.

Uhh, that's clearly not the meaning of "show off" I'm using.

I'm not trying to use it in an insulting way. But at the same time, there's no denying that Alexi is pretty boastful about his guitar skills.

Ok. At least it can look like that by someone who's a better player than him, because of his ego thing. I think he has a boastful image thing but about guitar playing he always says he can't imagine himself as "guitar hero."

This is exactly how I see Alexis solos in Clash of the Booze Brothers.

That actually is kinda weird cos they played the exact same stuff on the preciding gigs, so it wasn't something that came out of thin air. I don't know how creative stuff he can play from the word go, but for me he's more importantly a composer than a guitar player. There are hundreds of guitar players out there as good technically but none who've written as much quality music.

And of course, someone being able to record a COB cover at home that's a few percent more accurate than Alexi's playing, doesn't mean he can do that for 16 songs in a row on a live performance in front of thousands of screaming teens and sing the death metal vocals/lyrics on it while doing stunts to entertain the crowd now and then. Of course that's something Alexi has practised over a lot of time, but still. I've yet to see even one properly played cover with vocals!

I think he has a boastful image thing but about guitar playing

And that image is exactly what I was referring to when I said that I see Bodom as a sort of "show-off" band.

And some Bodom stuff can certainly be seen as such. Because of the image. I don't mind it as much though, since, as I said, a lot of it also happens to sound good.

I agree with you there lol but I didn't think Alexi was all that boastful he seemed kinda modest to me since he was so critical about his playing on Something Wild and stuff (at least from what I've read) but I don't really know a whole lot about the guy except that I think he's a hell of a player!

And thats kinda disappointing about Clash of the Booze Brothers and how it wasn't improv

Alexi is a younger generation guitar hero who doesn't boast with his playing skills but obviously the discography and touring speaks for itself. He writes about his personal experiences, plays it and sings it. Add to that the colourful past and personal style, and his 'ego' is justified.

Maybe if I was in his management I'd suggest to try different outfits at times. Sometimes wearing some gentile less-rebel thing like a light coloured flannel shirt or a gray sleeve open with a white shirt under with black jeans would look fresh and also give a self-confident change to show their playing skills aren't dependable on any outfits, like those bands who can't go on stage without wearing masks or spiked armour.

I agree with you there lol but I didn't think Alexi was all that boastful he seemed kinda modest to me since he was so critical about his playing on Something Wild and stuff (at least from what I've read) but I don't really know a whole lot about the guy except that I think he's a hell of a player!

And thats kinda disappointing about Clash of the Booze Brothers and how it wasn't improv

It's probably more of an overall image than his conduct specifically. And frankly, some of the OMGALEXI fans only make it worse.

Still, props to Alexi for being self-critical. Every good musician needs to be, because there's always room for improvement. Unfortunately, he seems to be improving in the wrong (IMHO) direction. I'd rather see more classical music -inspired stuff, but well I don't want to bring the whole "old vs new" argument back again.

If I was in his management I'd suggest to calm down the live passages a bit because they're totally interesting enough by being serious on stage and not entertaining the crowd, plus I'd suggest to try different outfits at times. Sometimes wearing a light coloured flannel shirt or black jeans would make a fresh self-confident change to show their playing skills aren't dependable on any outfits, like those bands who can't go on stage without wearing masks or spiked armour.

Sadly, a specific stage image is necessary for any band these days. As for the live passages, why the hell not, it's a lot of fun to do. What they could tone down is the drinking on tour, because it gets them sloppy (as evident on CRY) and that's just no good.

To the defense of the bands with specific outfits (spikes, corpsepaint etc), some do it to create a specific atmosphere in the audience, that may greatly add to the experience if done right. Besides, it's just a fact of life that everyone is used to metal concerts being more of a SHOW. Besides, most metal music isn't good enough to be consumed live on its own merit, without the show to accompany it.

Also, Alexi in a flannel shirt... That would be waay hilarious to observe.

That would be waay hilarious to observe.

Nothing's too hilarious if it's gentile and you have the charisma. Maybe a necktie would be too adult for his image. But black jeans torn out from the knee and a gray collar sleeve open with white shirt would look cool. Instead of always wearing wife-beaters and camos with skateboarding shoes. Nobody could accuse of looking like teens and that would make an interesting change. Look at Johnny Depp, he can look just the way he likes because you can see he doesn't care what people think.

Nothing's too hilarious if it's gentile and you have the charisma. Maybe a necktie would be too adult for his image. But black jeans torn out from the knee and a gray collar sleeve open with white shirt would look cool. Instead of always wearing wife-beaters and camos with skateboarding shoes. Nobody could accuse of looking like teens and that would make an interesting change. Look at Johnny Depp, he can look just the way he likes because you can see he doesn't care what people think.

weren't you the one who said there's only the atmosphere on certain locations/moments? CoB live in the daylight or at night is already completely different, let alone when they just wear shorts and an Hawaiian shirt. Funny? Yes. Does it change their playing ability? No. Is it the same? No. Because the music simply doesn't match the looks. And that's when the atmosphere is lacking.
Besides, they already wear what they want to wear. They wear the same style off stage after all.

Filesize? possible.
Rar file? Not touching it.

I wouldn't trust it until more torrents pop up with positive comments on them. And even then, it's too early for me. Needs to be closer to the actual release date and thus having the actual cd.