Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I've listened to COB since last summer, and like Arcane i think it's pretty hard to say a favorite album, although SW was the worst, because Alexi's voice sounds bad on it, and the songs just aren't as good as others (And I don't like the super fast blast beats it has every now and then, IYF blasts are great though). HB and FTR have awesome melodies and solos and everything, but as I like thrash metal too, I'd like some faster heavier songs in them too (Like HB the song). AYDY has some good songs (IYF) and then the slower songs with the catchy choruses, but it's never been my favourite. HCDR is great too but FTR might be a little better. BD is good, but not the best. It has good melodies but I want a fast song like Hellhounds or IYF, or a very melodic one. RRF judging on WIWI and a lot more of SKO, will probably be a mix of BD and HCDR (Less melodies than HCDR, but the riffs are more melodic than BD)

Anyone know anything about Cob tv4? I've listened to all the new song parts in Cob tv3, and now after WIWI was released it only has the fast riff thing that Roope plays, and the triplets Janne plays. Any guesses from which songs the riff parts are?

I listen to Bodom since beginning of 1999 and they are my favorite band but to be honest... I don't care how the new album will sound because I don't have a favorite album. Every album has some good and some bad songs. AYDY was long time my favorite album but now... I can't really say. SW is definitely the worst. BD has only solid songs - no really good and no really bad. The other albums are good but for me there is no outstanding album because every album has something what I like, and something what I don't like. HB has great melodies and solos but I don't like the voice. Same with FTR. Don't really like HCDR but YBOD and BBT are brilliant. I really like the drop C guitars in AYDY and that ALexis voice has changend plus it has Trashed on it. But it only has one really good solo. BD has some killer riffs, a really good mixing but that's all.

I'm with Arcane.

Each album is just different in its own way. They all have good and bad things about them.

The album is what you, as the listener make of it.

I like all the songs, might be weird but its the only band i have ever listened to and liked every each song in every album
Anyways BTT (Back the topic)

No new news ? >:|
Comon guys ..

AYDY was long time my favorite album but now... I can't really say. SW is definitely the worst. BD has only solid songs - no really good and no really bad. The other albums are good but for me there is no outstanding album because every album has something what I like, and something what I don't like. HB has great melodies and solos but I don't like the voice. Same with FTR. Don't really like HCDR but YBOD and BBT are brilliant. I really like the drop C guitars in AYDY and that ALexis voice has changend plus it has Trashed on it. But it only has one really good solo. BD has some killer riffs, a really good mixing but that's all.
I also thought something along those lines.

To me AYDY is probably still the most complete album and I don't find anything from it to really bitch about. It's like everything on AYDY fits together perfectly (well, maybe not TL&S but it's still a kickass song). Sure sure, the early albums are pretty legendary, but unlike AYDY I could mention a lot of things from the first 3 or 4 albums that at least nowdays bug me, one of them being the vocals. I've never been able to put COB albums in any particular order since there's something special in each one, but all I can manage to conclude is that AYDY is the one I have the least to complain about, let's put it that way.

my opinion:

FTR>HCDR>HB>AYDY>BD>SW

Difficult to make order but tried

tonsa92
Succesful Troll

10000236-00-00-00-00_lg.png

It's not about the order. It's about the fans taste in music in general.

And I totally agree, the do not ow us och me anything just because I have all their album infront of me just like many others.

The only thing I really think is that "those where the times". COB have changed alot since SW, that's something we all can't deny. But have they changed to the better? That's for each individual to decide. There is really nothing right or wrong. Just the individuals thoughts.

My opinion is as follows:

In the beginning I just loved AYDY, simple as that. It is the most commecial album (until 8th Mars). Catchy refrains, riffs and so on. Well, it's not a bad album at all. Everyone of them has it's own charm. Just like HCDR in some ways.

But still I can't just let go of it and not say that the first 3 albums are the best in my world. It's just the whole.. mystical thing about them. Alexis awesome vocals, the neoclassical the more.. ayh what the fuck, going to leave the musical-terms out of the way because it's really not my thing to explain in such terms. (not a musician at all:D)

So, to summarize: HB= GOOD , AYDY=BAD. Not really but I think you all get the point. But this is just my thoughts that i share.

Just listen to The Nail, Silent night, Red Light pt whatever, and then to WIWI.

The'll never go back to that but I still sit here in 3 years and say the same thing. When they get their MTV music award or whatever happends then.

Cheers!

I can agree with Arcane about SW being the worst. But that's to be expected of a debut album. It has lots of great ideas, but they just aren't fleshed out enough.

AYDY and BD aren't horrible by any means, but unfortunately they're utterly forgettable save for a few great songs like Living Dead Beat. It just ain't got the catchy riffs that would get stuck in your head for days. Again, maybe because of less melodic more riff-based focus of the music.

It has been stated that RRF is their most melodic album yet but I find it very hard to believe because if they are doing this more riff-based metal these days then WTH? Have they not listened to Hatebreeder recently? It is their most instrumentally melodic album.

^ Some reviewers just randomly throw those terms around without actually meaning it. Besides, it's a silly generalization that's bound to be proven wrong one way or the other. We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.

When I started to listen to CoB (and with that metal in general) they had just released AYDY. Or maybe the IYF single as the first songs was Oops.
anyway, when I started listening to more of their songs, I never thought AYDY was that much different from the previous albums. I just said HB, FTR, HCDR and AYDY in one breath. Much later, when I started to really listen to it and not just to the main melodies, I noticed the big difference in style.

What I'm saying here is that you are just sitting back and enjoying the music, AYDY is just as much a CoB album as HB is. That's why I never got the hate for the album in the first place. True, the albums are very different, but you do notice the great CoB vibe that every album has. (although I think BD has it less so)

It has been stated that RRF is their most melodic album yet but I find it very hard to believe because if they are doing this more riff-based metal these days then WTH? Have they not listened to Hatebreeder recently? It is their most instrumentally melodic album.

Like where? I doubt such thing has been said. Altough it's also been said WIWI is their biggest and best song ever so everything's possible.

So this full metal jackie are supposed to play a new COB track on Friday or Saturday yet there's no info on their site? A clever way to avoid all the thousands of potential listeners tuning into the channel.

Has anyone noticed how strange the song structure in SKO is?
Riff - Fast Blastbeat Part - Verse - Melody - Chorus - Melody - Chorus - Melody - Riff - Solo - Melody - Solo - Unknown - Outro.

Dosen't COB usually use something like this:
(Intro) - Riff/Melody - Verse - Pre-Chorus/Melody - Riff/Melody - Verse - Pre-Chorus/Melody - Chorus - Solo - Pre-Chorus/Melody - Chorus - Outro? (Atleast IYF and Bodom After Midnight use it)

Here's a link so you can listen for yourself:

Last edited by a moderator:
So this full metal jackie are supposed to play a new COB track on Friday or Saturday yet there's no info on their site? A clever way to avoid all the thousands of potential listeners tuning into the channel.

Well the point of a radio station is to get more listeners, not the opposite. Does anyone know for sure that they're playing a new song? It could just be was it worth it some more, and maybe another interview or something.

The chorus to shovel knockout is so good, just what I love out of COB. Catchy, aggressive and 'cheerful' melodies that no other band does. This album seems like it's going to be awesome for working out.

I did , here is a quote of what i wrote :
Hi jackie ! thnx for the info about COB you told me last week , Could you tell me exactly what will happen in your next show ? (Saturday) Because im confused, you said
More new COB , thats a song ? ,Because there is nothing new from the band ..
thank you again , and still Rock on! :)

I seriously doubt that she'll play a new song. They're not gonna be that generous so early I'd assume, and she probably just ment "New COB" as, "Was it worth it? will be played some more because I blindly assume their fans haven't heard it 20 times already." I'd love to hear some new stuff though..