Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I was expecting maybe a little more, but this is better than WIWI, and already I can notice it growing on me. The Pre.Chorus is good, the verse is kinda mystical, and the chorus is great again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but one thing I really miss from the older albums is the feeling that the song is really going somewhere, that each note and riff will lead perfectly into another great section. For some reason it feels like that's missing for me now. Maybe it's the way they (don't) use the keyboards now.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but one thing I really miss from the older albums is the feeling that the song is really going somewhere, that each note and riff will lead perfectly into another great section. For some reason it feels like that's missing for me now. Maybe it's the way they (don't) use the keyboards now.

You miss the blackmetal influenced Bodom, but noways (since 2001/2ish) Its been all about trash influences, which doesn't mix that good with keyboards, henceforth the difference usage of keyboards. My second favorite album is HCDR (with HB being number one), but still think this could have gone straight into as one of the songs on that album. It's perhaps not as majestic atmosphere-vise, but it kills just as much in every other aspect!

My opinion: Alexi gets someone else to replace him on vocals. He sounds done. He sounded done since AYDY but this is bad now imo.

Hmm... there's good things in it (Alexi's vocals haven't been as good as before on the new songs from RRF), but then again, it's got to be Alexi or it just feels wrong! He should just stop smoking and drinking, and hope he gets his old sound back.

I think this song was pretty fuckin good. Way better than "Was it worth it", that's for sure. Awesome job on the keys, I really like the atmosphere they create. But it feels like there is something missing, just don't know what. I'll wait for better quality release and hear the vocals.

Don't comment on a song until you listen to it at least 10-20 times!!!!!

To be honest, I think this song could have been on Hatecrew Deathroll and not feel tooo out of place. It's really original, catchy, intriguing, atmospheric, keyboard solo is great, guitar solo could be better.. it's a little standard.

It's not what I was expecting, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised. It's the most trashy song yet but I still enjoy listening to it. I hope there are songs on this album that have longer, faster, and memorable solos. But if the overall style is the same I don't think I'll be disappointed.

If anything, I think the style of vocals are the only downside to the song. They're kind of straightforward throughout the entire song, but his voice his strong.

hmm,
0:11-0:37 i really like the intro riff.
0:38-1:15 verse has it's dark feeling but not so good as first riff.
1:16-1:36 after-verse sounds like FTR/thrash, it's ok.
1:37-1:58 This chorus fixes a bit two previous riffs.
1:59-2:19 Again this after-verse thing! hm
2:20-2:43 Verse again (2:39-2:41 this thing is cool)
2:44-2:53 Here comes the great riff! :kickass:
2:54-3:03 Keyboard solo tilu-lilu rocks better in this one than WIWI
3:04-3:25 Chorus again
3:26-3:46 Also guitar solo is a LOT better than WIWI's one
3:47-4:08 This after-verse thing again...

They should have ended the song with the kickass riff =D
Overall a good song

E: I like the intro riff more and more i listen it =D

This might interest you guys... Just been chatting to 'Matt Hyde' on facebook..... (I'm as surprised as you that he replyed to me)

Well done Matt
Children of Bodom Ugly
absolutely amazing
[Matt Hyde]
05:28
Thanks man, where did you hear it. Is it out?
[You]
05:30
It was played on Metal Jackie radio tonight
[Matt Hyde]
Ahh...
[You]
Was it Worth it? and Ugly so far have been realeased
how is the rest of the album?
[Matt Hyde]
well glad you liked it
[You]
05:31
Yeah it was fantastic man! Alexi is so underated its unfair really
[Matt Hyde]
really good... those aren't even my favprites
yeah he is one of greats for sure
[You]
Ive spoken to a few guys and they have all rated "not my funeral" as being absolutely fantastic
[Matt Hyde]
an unreal talent
yup..thats the track
[You]
05:32
Ive seen him In London and Manchester 3 times, absolutely amazing
[Matt Hyde]
the solo on"Funeral' is ridiculous
[You]
haha being polite.... "fuck you" ;);)
[Matt Hyde]
lol
[You]
05:33
hate waiting, Been a massive CoB fan for years!
Thankfully theyre touring UK in April, should be awesome
[Matt Hyde]
well i heard March release
[You]
yeah, March 8th
[Matt Hyde]
05:34
cool... won't be long then
[You]
haha, 3-4 weeks is long to me! I have to spend that time at University!!
[Matt Hyde]
another great track is Cry of the Nihlist
[You]
yeahhh
being honest Matt
what do you think of 'Was it worth it'
it got a pretty bad reception
I like the song
i just find the solo's bizzare
[Matt Hyde]
05:35
well i think it's pretty different for them
[You]
05:36
definately
[Matt Hyde]
but it might go over better here in the US.. who knows
[You]
Its quite simple, I think the vocals and keyboard are pretty cool, but the solos everyone on the internet had a problem with
[Matt Hyde]
it wasn't a priority when we made the record, but the manager loved it
[You]
hahaha whats wrong with us English aye!! :p:p
[Matt Hyde]
05:37
their are plenty of epic solos on the record, so the internet nerds will be pacified soon enough
:):)
anyway, I have to eat dinner over here
[You]
05:38
hahah jesus
its 5:38 AM here
night of drinking and clubbing oh well!
[Matt Hyde]
haha
[You]
Enjoy your dinner Matt!
[Matt Hyde]
05:39
well i hope you dig the rest of the record
later
[You]
05:39
Ill speak to you in 3-4 weeks
Cya later man!

their are plenty of epic solos on the record, so the internet nerds will be pacified soon enough

Haha, speak of the devil.... yeah, I'm really pumped the album now. Thanks for posting that I read all of it already. : )

Can't believe that people are bitching about the vocals, they sound exactly like they did on FTR!

Definitely a great song. I love the mystical keybord sound and as Krofius said i can hear some HB-style licks here and there. Maybe WIWI had a catchier chorus but Ugly is way better if we talk about the structure of the song.

Can't believe that people are bitching about the vocals, they sound exactly like they did on FTR!

I think they sound strong, but he isn't making use of them in this track particularly. It's just a constant stream of the same pitch. I don't mind too much, myself but it's something to keep in mind.

Well it isn't like HB and Something Wild off course, well It changes a couple of times through the track, but It's the best vocals in a long time! If you dig the old style or AYDY thats your opinion dude!

If you dig the old style or AYDY thats your opinion dude!

uhh..... what? For examples of effective use of vocals just listen to like sixpounder chorus or something. I like the vocals on this song, though relax. It's just that vocals are another instrument and it's better if you make more use of it, and I'm pretty sure the other songs will have more dynamic vocals