Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I've listened to it 173 times now and it's still verrrryy catchy! The verse is the only part that bothers me a bit. It feels like it doesn't belong in the song. The guitar riffs looks like Sinergy combined to Blooddrunk and thrashy like HCDR. The keyboards adds some FTR feel into the song. There's a good medium speed Alexi style solo but it starts too late imo. I really like the vocals he uses in this song. I think those vocals are the best he ever recorded. Perfect. Everyone seems to have shared their opinion so why not me. Even thermodynamics can't stop me.(my priority atm)

The vocals are actually pretty good. Only the very first line is a bit too strained when you listen often enough.
And the chorus definitely is the best part of the song for me. along with the guitar solo.

When they said there are more riff-oriented songs, they where right though. Just like with the 'singable' solos (for this one at least) and the 'everything you love about Bodom' as you can hear all albums in some way or another. Just not tenfolded. But that's okay.

Dudes.. where's the 'satanic' sound/thing alexi mentioned?..

It's probably that vocal effect. It's straight from hell.

But as for the song itself, it's way better than WIWI. The intro and outro riffs are great and the solo is pretty good, but I don't like the rest of the song much.

Ugly is definitely a good song. Better than most BD songs. The solo is good but nothing more. Again better than every solo on BD but on the first 5 Albums the solos were better. I think it will make a lot of fun to play this song

One thing I've learned: every time I hear a new Bodom song, I need to listen it several times before I realize its awesome. That was the thing with WIWI and now with Ugly. First wasn't so convinced but now after I've listened the song through couple of times I'm starting to like it. Probably gonna end loving the whole album after a week its released and I have listened it through several times.

yeah that's the thing for me too, but I still believe that the music isn't anything mindblowing!! still a good song and I know I'm gonna love RRF!

For those of you that didn't know, I just read that the intro in Ugly is from the TV series House, LOL :lol:

After first listening i wasnt impressed so much and still im not. After reading short song reviews this was one of most recognized songs. And i guess all the rest songs will be more or less same. And its just my opinion.

After first listening i wasnt impressed so much and still im not. After reading short song reviews this was one of most recognized songs. And i guess all the rest songs will be more or less same. And its just my opinion.

I think Ugly is pretty good. It's nowhere near as good as some Bodom classics (Towards Dead End, Bodom After Midnight...), but at least it's a LOT better than WIWI.

Judging by the bits of SKO I'm pretty sure it's going to be better than Ugly.

The Slash approach to solos of which Alexi spoke is apparent in Ugly, as well as in the fragments of SKO we got to hear. They've got the same vibe as the solo in Knuckleduster, which I've always been a huge fan of.

One thing I've learned: every time I hear a new Bodom song, I need to listen it several times before I realize its awesome. That was the thing with WIWI and now with Ugly. First wasn't so convinced but now after I've listened the song through couple of times I'm starting to like it. Probably gonna end loving the whole album after a week its released and I have listened it through several times.

Same thought here.

My first impression was like "Have I already heard this song before?" o_O

Needed to hear it several times to come here and say, yeah I liked the song at all. The track is not all that I was really expecting but the keys and fast guitar solos are pretty good and finally has the bodom feeling! The best of all (I don't know if anyone have mentioned it here) the drumming are so great. Drumming pushing saved the song! :worship:

The shit part is, when I start to enjoy the song it ends suddenlly. Damn it. :mad:

Just could not log in yesterday for some reason, the board refused to take my fully correct password =S so I give my thoughts on Ugly now.

I must say I like it, much more then WIWI. All the mystical about it, but I'm not sure of the beginning at all. Said like I've thought before, this could be a good album afterall. And by that I mean a good album after the standards Cob delivers from 2005-. The keys- just love it. And the song did not have to grow many plays before it was fully accepted. Smiled my way through the whole song because of what I was hearing. =)

I whould also say that Ugly will be one of the top 3 songs of RRF, kind of like Banned from heaven.
And I'm still sceptical about SK of what I have heard so far. But time will tell.
The Slash approach to solos of which Alexi spoke is apparent in Ugly, as well as in the fragments of SKO we got to hear. They've got the same vibe as the solo in Knuckleduster, which I've always been a huge fan of.
Agree to disagree on that one. Kind of know how your thinking but I still get the more feeling of another everytime I die, wich I just love so much. But It's mostly the verse. =)
the
Gereral overall it's more like the TL&S lp in my opinion. Especially the drums and riffs. Or am I totally lost?

The keyboards in Ugly are the weirdest stuff I've ever heard. It brings to my mind a vision of a disabled child playing with toys, I can't help it, lol. The riff kicks ass tho. There are a few tracks better on the album tho I'm quite confident. I've a feeling this CD's in for a good number of spins.

I thought you'd ve very pleased with the keys, they sound pretty good to me, some good background mood things that you like. I'm not so fond of the key solo tho. It's cool, but it lacks something, I don't know what.

Ugly is definitely a good song. Better than most BD songs. The solo is good but nothing more. Again better than every solo on BD but on the first 5 Albums the solos were better. I think it will make a lot of fun to play this song

Imo the guitar solo is pretty damn good. Sure, it's not flashy or anything but it's spot on and very groovy.

House is pretty good series imo.

It rocks, House's humor is just great.

Just could not log in yesterday for some reason, the board refused to take my fully correct password =S
Had the exact same problem yesterday as well, almost lost my account. But managed to get a hold of Ultimate Metal dude and he reseted my password thankfully.

After two days the song has finally grown on me. It's a Bodom thing.

The keys are creepy, and kinda remind me of Kings of the Carnival Creation by Dimmu Borgir.