Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

If they want to simultaneously learn new and old songs, yeah. I'd like to have Needled, Hate Me, Hellhounds off the list at least, and instead add Taste Of My Scythe (seriously that song rocks and is very atmospheric but has never been played live) Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood and Punch Me I Bleed. They also need to make room for 4-5 new songs.

They should have separate setlists for the US and Europe so that they can remove In Your Face from the Europe setlist in exchange of an older song, but keep it on the US setlist because it's a big hit there.

They should have separate setlists for the US and Europe so that they can remove In Your Face from the Europe setlist in exchange of an older song, but keep it on the US setlist because it's a big hit there.

^Damn right.

And what about needled? have they played that in a while now? Did not when I saw them last, and Janne have said that it's his favorite song to play =) Also a very good live performance song, just see chaos ridden! Want too see punch me I bleed, red0 light pt.1, the nail! The two last is minor chance of happening..

If they want to simultaneously learn new and old songs, yeah. I'd like to have Needled, Hate Me, Hellhounds off the list at least, and instead add Taste Of My Scythe (seriously that song rocks and is very atmospheric but has never been played live) Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood and Punch Me I Bleed. They also need to make room for 4-5 new songs.

Couldn't agree more. Those are 3 of my favorite bodom songs i would like to also add warheart to that list and i would be a happy camper :headbang:

I've seen them many times and have seen a bunch of different setlists basically to see as many different songs as I can. I empathize keeping the setlist similar or with their hit songs because you do want to play what is considered your best and don't know how the whole venue will react to other songs. I vowed that in my band if we ever got huge and had the same sort of predicament we'd throw in just random old songs because someone out there probably likes it that we don't know of, yet right now we almost get stuck playing the exact same setlist haha!

Really all it takes is maybe changing out 2 songs for some random older songs and some people out there won't like it, but others will truely appreciate it. While obviously something as huge as In Your Face wouldn't want to be taken out, Blooddrunk could and replacing it with any song off of Hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper that hasn't been played in a while would really get mega fanboys pumped (though with a tough recording/touring schedule I can empathize on not wanting to re-learn an old song to live perfection, it's definitely not easy and takes a while to re-learn and tighten up to the point of being able to pull it off perfectly in that setting).

though with a tough recording/touring schedule I can empathize on not wanting to re-learn an old song to live perfection, it's definitely not easy and takes a while to re-learn and tighten up to the point of being able to pull it off perfectly in that setting).

That's what I was thinking. It's not just about each member learning their instrument parts of an old song again, but all playing it in groove.

Your welcome :) Yeah I have to agree with the darkness. It's almost impossible to see the guitar solo and some of the other things going on. It's an ok video I just wish the quality was better in this version lol.

That chorus melody really is something. 1:43 - 2:00. Wish they'd used that part on another song! I liked the way the band was filmed, but they totally wasted the skater's skills and failed to capture anything spectacular. They could do some good-looking tricks but it's like the film crew didn't even notice them.

Didn't we say after the preview that it was awesome how the music and image where synced?
Well, that's obviously not the case in the full version. Why they don't sync it is beyond me. Even the solo isn't synced.

Boring vid and skateboarders make it even worse.

Not really. The skateboard tricks are pretty cool, imo. It's just that they don't fit into the video stylistically or technically. It's as if they went "Oh, wouldn't this be a good idea?" but then got lazy and didn't work out all the technical details to make it look good.

Not a bad MV (Bodom standards anyway), but kind of underwhelming.