Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Man, you can't argue with a cob fan, can you?

I didn't compare at any moment "Ugly" with FTR, so shut up.The song is acceptable, but Alexi has so much more potential than that. And yeah, it may have good melodies, good riffs, good whatever you say, but an EPIC SOLO? for fuck's sake, even a Revocation song has better solos than that.

Oh yeah, and i listened to it too many times, if you wanna know.

Argue? What's to argue with somebody that hasn't even given the song a chance? And yes, epic solo. A solo doesn't have to be 21 notes per second with the weirdest patterns to be cool, it has to fit the song and sound cool, and I don't see much room for improvement on that one. To make it flashier? Sure, flashier, but not better.

^ Nah, I believe it fits Knuckleduster perfectly fine. It would have been a waste to paste that solo on a lousier song off AYDY?, imho. The problem with Knuckleduster is that it has always been criminally underrated.

^ Nah, I believe it fits Knuckleduster perfectly fine. It would have been a waste to paste that solo on a lousier song off AYDY?, imho. The problem with Knuckleduster is that it has always been criminally underrated.

Kind of what I meant, and I agree, it fits Knuckleduster very well, but either put the solo on some other track from AYDY with a weaker solo, or then put the whole song on the album, because now most people will never hear of it.

Everyone thinks Knuckleduster is underrated. So is it? It's just only real fans know it cos it's the EP exclusive song, so they can't play it live.

Yeah they were. I just listened to the entire album while going through my routine at the gym yesterday. Just not a good Bodom album. :erk:

I know it's personal opinion but it was way better than Blooddrunk; there were more melodies that stuck in your head like their old stuff and the guitar solo's were a hell of a lot more memorable too. I thought Blooddrunk had a lot of thrash metal influences which to me doesn't sound right for the band. Ah wells. I didn't like the album much also until I learnt a few songs on guitar; if you play then try learning some even if you don't like them. Even though I learnt some Blooddrunk songs they still don't seem fun to play apart from ODYWC.

they dont play knuckleduster live cause Alexi says it sounds bad live......he also said he wishes he could play it live cause he really likes the song and he said quote that it was one of the best solos he has ever written. cant remember where i read that though sorry.

they dont play knuckleduster live cause Alexi says it sounds bad live......he also said he wishes he could play it live cause he really likes the song and he said quote that it was one of the best solos he has ever written. cant remember where i read that though sorry.

Well don't sweat it dude I can back you up.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=61570

There he mentions that the solo in Knuckleduster is one of the best he's ever done while he wanted to re-do the TL&S isn't as good.

Nice find dude!

Thanks. Wanted to read the full interview but the link is broken now... shit, I remember first reading that news update because now I still think Knuckleduster is not only a better solo but a better song in general. I almost get a real oriental vibe from the keyboards but that isn't bad in anyway. To me it makes the song totally unique when compared to anything else from that era.

Now that I am not sure about. The verse of WIWI is more along the lines of Knuckleduster, In Your Face and a song off Hatebreeder but the title slips my mind where there is very little guitar present. The tempo could be the same or in the same ballpark.

Ugly reminds me of maybe Chokehold or Silent Night, Bodom Night or a mixture of anything and everything off FtR but just without the massive amounts of solos.

You're mixing things. T,L&S sounds bad live but Alexi would like to play it. Knuckleduster like some other songs they don't like to play live not because they sound bad but because the crowd response is weak because they don't really know the song or the impact doesn't make you mosh. For example Children Of Decadence, the verse melodies don't really create a response live, back in 2003 Alexi said it just doesn't work live, now they try to compensate for it by cheering the crowd after the intro, and immediately when the verse starts hands go down, and the solo they don't play but jump to another song. Unless I'm completely wrong. I could imagine it's not nice to play songs which don't create any impact in the crowd. When they played Knuckleduster I guess there were 20% who knew it and were excited but the rest just stood there. At one point Alexi did confess T,L&S sounds bad live because they hadn't practised it enough so it didn't have the groove.

Ugly is now my favorite Bodom song. Now that I can play it, I sit the whole day in my room and just play the solo and that really awesome verse. Still not the biggest fan of those fast parts...

RRF seems to have the best guitar sound I've ever heard. Definitely the best lead tone

Two things RRF has going for it: Alexi's tone seems to have much more clarity and tightness now, and his vocals seem more controlled and powerful (let's excuse WIWI, that was more a reflection of overdone vocal effects). I can't say the composition feels as inspired though. We shall see with the rest of the album *shrug*

Yah i guess your right. "it doesnt work live" maybe that was the term, its been a while since i read that. in either case awesome song that we cant hear live.

You're mixing things. T,L&S sounds bad live but Alexi would like to play it. Knuckleduster like some other songs they don't like to play live not because they sound bad but because the crowd response is weak because they don't really know the song or the impact doesn't make you mosh. For example Children Of Decadence, the verse melodies don't really create a response live, back in 2003 Alexi said it just doesn't work live, now they try to compensate for it by cheering the crowd after the intro, and immediately when the verse starts hands go down, and the solo they don't play but jump to another song. Unless I'm completely wrong. I could imagine it's not nice to play songs which don't create any impact in the crowd. When they played Knuckleduster I guess there were 20% who knew it and were excited but the rest just stood there. At one point Alexi did confess T,L&S sounds bad live because they hadn't practised it enough so it didn't have the groove.
That's really unfortunate. But isn't this the best way to get the song more recognized? And some people might even think it's a new song and go all crazy.
And they need to stop playing the same songs over and over some day anyway.