Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I have to say tho, having practised Follow the Reaper this evening every single fucking note down solos and everything included, Ugly didn't sound very amazing when I gave a listen after that. Then again what could you expect, almost nothing sounds amazing after that. There are better tracks than Ugly on RRF tho I'm pretty sure.

Hey core-boy! Translate it to englis.... Oh, never mind by the way.

Don't give him any ideas, please. It would be bestest to avoid him.

:lol::lol:

A quick translation. But yeah, there's really nothing interesting, and it's more like a "preview of a review" than a real review :lol:

Toni Keränen writes in his review on the upcoming Inferno, that RRF is like a top notch synthesis of the last four COB albums, as is definitely right.

It's a matter of taste, whether you like how the band's music changes with every album, but I'd think, that an archetype COB-fan will love this album.

All the band's trademarks are there: skillful playing, a lot of details and "the fuck you-attitude". RRF differs from it's predecessors mostly with it's "fresh" touch. Whether this is about the music itself, or the new producer Matt Hyde, it's hard to say.

It's basic Bodom, but the most important thing is, that with their new album COB still sounds different from it's colleagues - and copycats.

I have to say tho, having practised Follow the Reaper this evening every single fucking note down solos and everything included, Ugly didn't sound very amazing when I gave a listen after that. Then again what could you expect, almost nothing sounds amazing after that. There are better tracks than Ugly on RRF tho I'm pretty sure.

You should maybe try playing Ugly, it's actually pretty damn good, solos included, particularly the guitar solo.

And btw I'm sorry but I don't buy that having played guitar for a year or so you're now able to play FTR solos ;)

You should maybe try playing Ugly, it's actually pretty damn good, solos included, particularly the guitar solo.

Yeah good but not FTR-good. It looks tricky but some day I'll try.

And btw I'm sorry but I don't buy that having played guitar for a year or so you're now able to play FTR solos ;)

Maybe not like omgAlexi but like Joonas. 20% skill 50% luck.

Ugly isn't half the song FTR is, that's for sure. Follow the Reaper is one of COB's epics, because it has it all... intro, amazing verse and chorus, breakdown, harmonies, and giant solo section. On the other hand Ugly is a pretty basic track with sweet riffs and solos, but it's still cool and really fun to play. That's what I'm hoping for in RRF, is for one or two epic tracks.

Ugly is actually a lot harder than it sounds to play. COB's newer stuff is a lot more technical than people would like to give it credit for. Follow the reaper is actually a pretty easy song to play.

And btw I'm sorry but I don't buy that having played guitar for a year or so you're now able to play FTR solos

lol. you know how people are who play guitar for a little while and how they say they can play stuff. : ) but playing something and playing it well is a big difference that takes a really long time to get down.

Ugly isn't half the song FTR is, that's for sure.

That is true. And neither is most of the new material anyway.

Ugly is actually a lot harder than it sounds to play. COB's newer stuff is a lot more technical than people would like to give it credit for.

Yep it's technical. I don't know whether old or new solos are more difficult. But the songs themselves started having more difficult rhythm stuff after Alexander left and Roope came in. Well, Alexi did say he always knew with Alexander where the limit was.

Follow the reaper is actually a pretty easy song to play.

I can play songs 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 off that album currently, without solos, I just play the rhythm guitar during solo sections. The thing is, some of the stuff is quite challenging and I can't do it 100% accurate at 100% speed, but everytime I try it's better, I've figured that's a good way to develop.

lol. you know how people are who play guitar for a little while and how they say they can play stuff. : ) but playing something and playing it well is a big difference that takes a really long time to get down.

I can't say I can play guitar because I don't know the theory side. Learning from the tabs doesn't mean I can play. But I can play some COB pretty good, some of it less so. Blooddrunk is the only solo I can play alright. There's a long way to go from 60% speed to 100% speed. I'm working on my alternate picking for the complex parts. Sweep picking I can't do yet, so that kills it for me. Just one of my hobbies since 2,5 years ago, not a lifestyle. I wanted to play COB, not espacially to learn the theory of guitar itself. Not sure if any other band would get me excited enough.

^Yeah, it's a good method, but when one says "I can play this" with no further comment it's asummed that it can be played spot on, Mitch style. And I am sorry but I can't belive you're able to play FTR like that or even the rythms to KTS, those harmonics are damn hard to get spot on.

Yeah good but not FTR-good. It looks tricky but some day I'll try.

I don't think Ugly has anything to envy from half the songs in FTR.

OOOH THE BLASPHEMY!!! HANG ME!

But, seriously, I do think like that. I'm not saying Ugly is better or that FTR is not godly, it is, and I love it, but Ugly is taking a lot of criticism just for being new, and criticism that it doesn't deserve. For one, I do agree with Alexi on him having some of his best solos ever if the rest of the album's solos are on the lines of Ugly. If they're on the line of WIWI tho, no matter how much he loves it himself and how tricky the whammy bar part may be, that's really subpar to what he has done and to what many other average players have done, that is to me at least.

do you guys all remember when Are you Dead yet released and everyone included me was like IIIEEEEWW and NOOO and BAD and bla bla bla... and most of the people like at least a Few songs of that album right now ??/

^Yeah, it's a good method, but when one says "I can play this" with no further comment it's asummed that it can be played spot on, Mitch style. And I am sorry but I can't belive you're able to play FTR like that or even the rythms to KTS, those harmonics are damn hard to get spot on.

Which is exactly why I didn't say "I can play this." I said I practised it. Memorized it. If I wanna be 100% accurate I can do the solo with 30% speed. If I wanna be 100% up to tempo I can do it with 30% accuracy. Now that I've memorized it and keep practising it those percentages will hopefully raise a bit in time.

Maybe not like omgAlexi but like Joonas. 20% skill 50% luck.

lol post a video, I dont believe anything of what you've wirtten :lol:
what's 29 percent accuracy anyway, that would be playing wrong notes most of the time, most people couldnt tell what youre playing :D

^ Still better than Dimebag Olson :lol:

Anyhow, CoB is a horrible band to start learning guitar from. Gotta pick sth more basic. For me, most TNBM does the trick; then again, I'm an absolute guitar n00b. :D

do you guys all remember when Are you Dead yet released and everyone included me was like IIIEEEEWW and NOOO and BAD and bla bla bla... and most of the people like at least a Few songs of that album right now ??/

Many would say "that's cause Blooddrunk came out". Not me, but I've seen that argument a lot.

It's always like this, the new album gets shit thrown at it, but suddenly when that album isn't the new one, then people admit to like it more and more.

Let's not forget Routasielu is out now and Before the Dawn is coming on the 23rd too. Just went and got Omnium Gatherum this afternoon.

Omnium Gatherum
Routasielu
Before the Dawn
Moonsorrow
CoB
Amon Amarth

Fuck me... what else is coming?
Arch Enemy
In Flames, even though you did not seem to look forward to it that much :p
I'm certain Wintersun will come out this year too, I definitely expect it before September AT LEAST.
I'm sure there is more, can't come to think of anything at the moment though.
Oh, nothing said about it or anything, but maybe a new Ensiferum in the end of the year? Who knows.

lol post a video, I dont believe anything of what you've wirtten :lol:
what's 29 percent accuracy anyway, that would be playing wrong notes most of the time, most people couldnt tell what youre playing :D

looooollll :lol: some people learn faster others dont :lol: why would you even want him to post a video so he can prove something to you? :lol: are you afraid that he might be better than you :lol: ?

Mirror of Madness, Death Unlimited and Till Death Unites Us were pretty decent but lacking something that could have made them all excellent. The other albums are wastes of time. So in other words... Norther sucks.

Yes, I remember... that was one of the high points of this forum. :lol:

I haven't really come around. I still think it is their weakest album and I listen to it because it is a decent metal album but weak Bodom album. I am sure I said the same thing some 5 years ago around here somewhere.

WIWI is not a great song. Not at all. I have taken a liking to it... probably because it is bodom and nothing else. The keyboard solo is half decent. Ugly is their best song since IFWP... which is great because IYWP... is one of my favorites from AYDY.