Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I am a new member :D But i would love to be a part of these forums on a day to day basis. First post
Im sure hoping this album will be more of a Mystery atmosphere, like Bed of razors did (Hatebreeder) as for WIWI and Ugly,

I didnt mind WIWI it sounded catchy at 1:14 my first time hearing it,As Alexi said that it was more of a party song, as soon as 1:14 hit the keyboards gave it that Party atmosphere sound,after a few days i loved it no matter what Vocal effects Alexi used.

Ugly- a show quote? i know it (House) This song had that little bodom mystery sound,Janne Wirmans solo sounded something like he did in his Band Project Warman, I like his keyboards in this song. and like i read about Alexis solo it does sound like FTRs solo at the start.
When the day of the release comes il be high as a motherfucker (Alexi Vocal approach) Supplies needed- Itunes 20$, ipod, A lung, and the green bud. I should be good listening to it wit earphones and playing it on itunes at the same time. should be good. COBHC

Hahaha, welcome Danny!

And it's a damn good idea to listen to music you want to like, when high. :lol: I attained a liking for Eddie Murphys Party All the Time that same way.

At this point I don't even care. The album is 2 weeks from release so a single new track now wouldn't mean anything when we get the entire album soon enough. In fact I don't think I want a new track at all. No more spoilers. Next time I hear something new I want to hear the entire album.

+1

@dannyf21HC: Welcome. Beware the trolls.

+1

04.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004OMSUP2/ref=sr_1_album_8_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B004OMPMYO&qid=1298208904&sr=1-8]Samples available.[/ame] Sounds promising, especially first 3 songs (fast and relentless). Rest of the samples (excluding WIWI) sound quite promising too. Short samples though and Northpole Throwdown seems to end just before the fast part. I also like those synth melodies.

I didnt mind WIWI it sounded catchy at 1:14 my first time hearing it,As Alexi said that it was more of a party song, as soon as 1:14 hit the keyboards gave it that Party atmosphere sound,after a few days i loved it no matter what Vocal effects Alexi used.

Good for you for actually setting aside any bias and actually enjoying the song. As far as I know only you and I are in that club on this forum.

If someone's first post is in the album sticky, then they've probably been reading it for a while. Therefore, it's obvious who the actual trolls (butt-buddy crew) are. You guys get hard ons for every post made so you can all jump on it, just look what comes after this. My suggestion? Loose some weight instead of wasting time on internet forum.

Samples available. Sounds promising, especially first 3 songs (fast and relentless). Rest of the samples (excluding WIWI) sound quite promising too. Short samples though and Northpole Throwdown seems to end just before the fast part. I also like those synth melodies.

Thanks for this link. Honestly, this album is an entirely different style for COB all together. No way it can be compared to FTR, HCDR, or a mixture of albums... this shit is so much different than previous albums. Not my funeral sounds really, really good. And I can easily point out any sinergy riff.

I have to be honest, that bit of Shovel Knockout its turning me off. I love all of the interview preview, but that part on amazon doesn't tickle my ears at all, especially the drums with it. Maybe it fits better with the entire song, and I hope it does because the other riffs and chorus sound really fucking good.

Roundtrip sounds like an Ozzy song, and it's promising as hell to me. RRF sounds promising. Cry of the nihilist sounds like a better if you want peace prepare for war, so not sure how that one will turn out. Northpole I don't know, can't say that the preview of that song has me excited for it.

I really like roadtrip and northpole, they all sound great though, only one that I don't love is WIWI but it isn't a terrible song just not cobish :p. This is very good though, means I may not have wasted my bfs money on the cd preorder! I think I will like the overall CD despite there being one or two meh songs.

Thanks for the link with previews.

Hearing those has really made me excited about the album release again. Some really good sounding stuff on there.

I really like ... northpole

Interesting, I disliked northpole the most from all of the previews.

I'm really, really digging roundtrip. It sounds like Jake E Lee on guitar.

Yeah Roundtrip sounds absolutely awesome. I think the samples make it pretty clear that they havn't really returned to there roots, it all sounds quite thrashy etc.

Yeah Roundtrip sounds absolutely awesome. I think the samples make it pretty clear that they havn't really returned to there roots, it all sounds quite thrashy etc.

That's a good point, especially for everyone on this forum to try and digest. After this preview, dismiss ANY notion of this being like any previous COB album. Just listen to it for what it is and don't have any expectations or you WILL be disappointed.

it doesn't sound like their old stuff to my ears , from any of their albums, but yet still sounds like cob (cept for WIWI ) and it sounds good, a good progression from the newer older works (bloodrunk). Aside from Ugly and WIWI alexis vocals sound decent too. I couldn't stand what they did on WIWI for them. The rest of the songs just fit well for cob I think, at least from the samples, hopefully the full versions won't be totally different.

Thanks a lot for the link, gonna listen to the samples now :) What a perfect way to start the day.
HOLY FUCK is this awesome.

Not my funeral: awesome keys

Shovel Knockout: fast and aggressive as fuck? did not expect that speed, surprised in a good way.

roundtrip to hell and back: sounded like a pretty catchy chorus (if it was one? :O)

pussyfoot miss suicide: tbh, sounded average at first listen.

relentless reckless forever: the end of the sample reminded me of old school cob, especially one song just can't figure out which one yet.

ugly: no need to say anything

cry of the nihilist: loved the riff together with the keys.

WIWI: no need to say anything

northpole throwdown: sounds awesome basically.

summary: seems to be an awesome album as I expected, tho it's hard to judge from these short samples..but my personal opinion is that vocals has improved a lot, good with more cool keys as well. And in the samples we didn't even hear the solos that has been talked about so much, so all in all I think this will be fucking awesome.
Wouldn't have minded a sample of Party All The Time tho :p And I disagree with some people, I think it DO sound like Old School cob melodies at some places, melodies that sound like a mix of HB,FTR & HCDR.

thanks for the link!
Roundtrip to Hell and Back sounds indeed pretty good :)
I really like that the keyboard is so present! Can`t wait to hear the whole album.

The music sounds like slamming heavy metal riffs that are just catchy enough to grab you with it, and it's all spiced and balanced with keyboards all around the place. Songs 1, 2, 3, 7 sound best to my ears, these samples I mean. I think they're 0:15 - 0:45 or something. They've put great emphasiz on how the stuff sounds, I think you can hear the result of the expertice of Matt Hyde and the band working together, sounds like the result will make thrash bands like Slayer go pale. Can't wait to hear the full song... Roundtrip sounds pretty nice, the name seems to fit the music, or whichever way you say it. Roope and Janne have shitloads to play on this album. Of course, no dominant lead melodies, so that's a minus, but who knows, these are not the full songs.