Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Well, I actually understand Joonas's point about the art completely. It's actually a pretty could description.

Anyway, still can't get over not my funeral. Loving this song to death, my gym sessions with it were awesome

No I completely agree. The guitar tone in Cry of the Nihilist pours with autumn leaves.:Smug:

No I completely agree. The guitar tone in Cry of the Nihilist pours with autumn leaves.:Smug:

I said:

Some of the melodies have this autumn feel
while the guitar tone matches with the artwork colour.

It's annoying to get "mis-quoted" all the time. I place certain words in certain places for an exact reason.

CotN, you're joking right... Once the album's out I'll express my utmost and ruthless, sincere feelings on it. There will be good and there will be bad.

i really like Northpole Throwdown (p.s. people who were looking for it i just did a quick search on youtube and it was right there) it has a double dose of Henkka's bass which is never a bad thing

I said:

Some of the melodies have this autumn feel
while the guitar tone matches with the artwork colour.

It's annoying to get "mis-quoted" all the time. I place certain words in certain places for an exact reason.

And no, I don't really like CotN. Once the album's out I have a couple things I wanna say.

What is it about the melodies that makes them have this "autumn feel" Joonas? Because personally I think Not my funeral's melodies have a winter feel. And I think most of Ugly's melodies have a spring feel. And no one can say I'm wrong. And can you please explain to me how the guitar tone matches the artwork colour? How can one say the distortion or amount of gain used has a green/yellow colour? I find that bizarre.

What is it about the melodies that makes them have this "autumn feel" Joonas? Because personally I think Not my funeral's melodies have a winter feel. And I think most of Ugly's melodies have a spring feel. And no one can say I'm wrong. And can you please explain to me how the guitar tone matches the artwork colour? How can one say the distortion or amount of gain used has a green/yellow colour? I find that bizarre.

It's an artistic expression. You've never heard artists and musicians talk like that?

It's an artistic expression. You've never heard artists and musicians talk like that?

Yes I have. But all this snobbery artistic crap doesn't belong with Children of Bodom. I could bet money that Alexi and co. are not looking for that "autumn green guitar tone" and are looking for an album cover that presents the Autumn feel of there music. If people think that of Children of Bodom then god help the world.....

Yes I have. But all this snobbery artistic crap doesn't belong with Children of Bodom. I could bet money that Alexi and co. are not looking for that "autumn green guitar tone" and are looking for an album cover that presents the Autumn feel of there music. If people think that of Children of Bodom then god help the world.....

Uhm, you can use artistic expression to describe any kind of art or music. If you can't understand it then don't comment. And you're missing the point.

COB made the music. It resulted in a certain mood. The artist represented that in the cover. Jeez.

Uhm, you can use artistic expression to describe any kind of art or music. If you can't understand it then don't comment. And you're missing the point.

COB made the music. It resulted in a certain mood. The artist represented that in the cover. Jeez.

"If you can't understand it then don't comment"

Firstly this is a forum of peoples view points and opinions. That is your opinion. My Opinion is that its bullshit.

Secondly you have no proof or evidence that the artist had even HEARD the album before he made the cover.

:Smug:

I agree with this guy. I understand the point of the "artistic feel" of the music, but I don't really care for that stuff. All I know is that it sounds good, and I couldn't really give two fucks and a penny if the guitar tone was "green" or "pink" or "turquoise" or however the fuck you want to describe it.

I agree with this guy. I understand the point of the "artistic feel" of the music, but I don't really care for that stuff. All I know is that it sounds good, and I couldn't really give two fucks and a penny if the guitar tone was "green" or "pink" or "turquoise" or however the fuck you want to describe it.

+1

Well, this is my last post on the subject so I don't derail thread into an idiotic topic with an idiotic poster.

'The opinion is bullshit'. If you don't appreciate someone's artistic insight on something, then just don't comment. That's really the bottom line. Nobody cares about whether COB music had an intent of artistic expression, or the if the genre is heavy metal music. If people who understand art are going to talk art, let them. Because ultimately, it's still relevant.

Well, this is my last post on the subject so I don't derail thread into an idiotic topic with an idiotic poster.

'The opinion is bullshit'. If you don't appreciate someone's artistic insight on something, then just don't comment. That's really the bottom line. Nobody cares about whether COB music had an intent of artistic expression, or the if the genre is heavy metal music. If people who understand art are going to talk art, let them. Because ultimately, it's still relevant.

You are a fool sir. Let this be your last post on the subject because you further more embarrass yourself. If I don't appreciate someones artist insight then I can post what I WANT about it! And you can not stop me or anyone doing that. This is a forum. And if nobody cares about whether the music had an intent of artistic expression then why do you defend it so dearly? Hmmmmm. Sounds like someone is contradicting themselves a little bit to me.

If I don't appreciate someones artist insight then I can post what I WANT about it!

There's a difference between saying you disagree with the insight (which you still can't seem to comprehend) and being a total asshole and trying to dictate how people should express their feelings towards the album. Really, I don't understand why you would jump on a post with an honest opinion other than to be a total raging douchebag.

Yeah, it's a forum, so let it be one. Don't sit at your chair and type to people how they are going to express their opinions. There are many legitimate forms of expressing an opinion. Artistic expression is one of the best ways of describing ALL music, so please just stop being a raging douchebag ok?

There's a difference between saying you disagree with the insight (which you still can't seem to comprehend) and being a total asshole and trying to dictate how people should express their feelings towards the album. Really, I don't understand why you would jump on a post with an honest opinion other than to be a total raging douchebag.

Yeah, it's a forum, so let it be one. Don't sit at your chair and type to people how they are going to express their opinions. There are many legitimate forms of expressing an opinion. Artistic expression is one of the best ways of describing ALL music, so please just stop being a raging douchebag ok?

I posted a joke about Joonas smoking something. You jumped on me with you art crap. End Of. Make me laugh "dont type to people how they are going to express their opinions" What the hell do you think you are doing to me....... douchebag.

:loco: derpty derp :lol:

Just let it go, both of you guys. Flooding the pages with arguing is really getting old. The best thing to do on forums I've learned is to present your opinions, and leave other opinions alone. Sure, I've ripped on Joonas before but since I've stayed out of analyzing his opinions, I've found he's really not THAT bad. He has a point with the artistic fall-feeling thing, that's my opinion. I'm not going to harp on the guy who shits on my opinion. Just ignore it, save your energy for something worth doing, both of you. Arguing on the internet is pointless. You can't change someone's view so let it be. :Smug:

On a lighter note, I enjoyed Northpole Throwdown. I wish there would have been a tad bit more keys, as I really liked the verse keyboards. It's really short, but I think it establishes what it has to and it's a nice little addition to the rest of the album in my opinion. I also believe the guitar solo would have been better without all of the trem-bar wanking.