Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I also agree that the reaper themed covers must continue, although my personal preference album cover wise leans towards Something Wild, Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper. Hate Crew Deathroll had a pretty decent cover too, but I'm not a fan of AYDY and Bloodrunk's covers.

I really hope the album will feature some "back to the roots" kinda stuff, like stuff from Hatebreeder, Something Wild, Follow The Reaper kinda stuff..
But will it happen? Most likely not.

I expect something that is like a mix between Blooddrunk and Hate Crew Death Roll. I really hope that it will feature some more keyboard passages though, and it might just happen.
But overall, the most important thing for me is that the "mysterious" feel come back to them, that creepy kinda sound like Hatebreeder, Something Wild. And I hope that the whole Bodom "gimmick" or whatever will play a role in the new album. I liked Blooddrunk, but seriously I miss that "old" Bodom mysterious, creepy, keyboard sound.

It wouldn't be a problem for me if they kept their thrashy main-stream sound, although it's not what I see as the "real" Bodom. I think that Are You Dead Yet? was like, an album where Bodom tried to have main-stream success, and it worked, but somehow discarded the older fans. Now Blooddrunk was like a mix of the thrashier Bodom and the old Bodom, with the keyboards and stuff, like, not returning to the old, but adding parts of the old into the new.
I would really love to see them add that extra keyboard into the songs so they would be kinda keyboard-driven while stay maintain the guitar-driven feel.

As we have seen in Kissing the Shadows and live keyboard vs. guitar battles like War of Razors and Clash of the Booze Brothers, CoB likes to have that Keyboard vs. Guitar driven stuff in there some times. I hope we see a song like that in the new album, it would be interesting to see a new Kissing The Shadows, 10 years after the first.

And yes I agree, definetely stay with Roy and his Scythes on the covers - it's what somehow characterizes Bodom.

I can't wait for the new album! Hell yeah! :headbang:

They shouldn't tour as much with Trashy bands. That has bad influence on them.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Trash metal.

Here is the link

At 5.10

There is the translation of the interview in the description of the video^^

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Actually he doesnt say anything about covering the song.
I: Now in the end we ask you a question which we have asked from everyone else. Externally you look absolute metal guy. But tell now some embarrassing song which has been in your mind.
AL: Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend

So no, they wont cover it.

Well I dont think they would cover that song or any other popsong. Of course you can never be 100% sure, but it would be lame to hear similar cover after Oops I did it again (which imo is so epic cover, dont understand people who complain about it). They've already done that before so I highly doubt they would do the same stuff again.

After this Fall's North America tour COB will have a little break and then start writing new material for their next album which (realistically) should be released Fall 2010 or Spring 2011. We have no clue what's gonna come out but let's discuss. What do you think is gonna happen with the music, and what would you want to happen.

i hope they get back more towards theyre older stuff

the musicianship factor should be increased on the next record. Bodom isn't rookie musicians anymore and they shouldn't show it because they have earned their experience points to level up. I think They need to bring back the spooky vibe, and some of the atmospheres and melodies.