Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

^ don't do that to me again please :)

:lol: i believed you for a few seconds. I hope they'll never cover it...

Really? I'd really like to see what they can do with that one :lol: I love War Inside My Head or Antisocial, but weird choices and non metal covers tend to be more fun imho.

Well I dont think they would cover that song or any other popsong. Of course you can never be 100% sure, but it would be lame to hear similar cover after Oops I did it again (which imo is so epic cover, dont understand people who complain about it). They've already done that before so I highly doubt they would do the same stuff again.

I really don't see what'd be wrong with getting another pop song done. I mean, they have more metal songs and more rock songs and more punk songs and all, and it's not as if pop's just evil per se, and they do damn funny covers, so I think it'd be great to check what they can do with such things, plus that one could be worked out by a band, not like e.g. Lady Gaga's Pokerface, which I don't think could really turn any good Bodom-style. Of course Janne could go all nuts over keys, but I don't see Alexi and Roope anywhere in there.

Whether or not they SHOULD do it (arguable, depending on your own opinion) there's no way they couldn't do Lady Gaga after doing Britney Spears.

While Lady Gaga seems like it's also just the same sort of fluffy pop music (and in a lot of ways, it is) there is actually quite a bit of musicality and really well thought-out composition to her songs. Seriously.

I really don't see what'd be wrong with getting another pop song done. I mean, they have more metal songs and more rock songs and more punk songs and all, and it's not as if pop's just evil per se, and they do damn funny covers, so I think it'd be great to check what they can do with such things, plus that one could be worked out by a band, not like e.g. Lady Gaga's Pokerface, which I don't think could really turn any good Bodom-style. Of course Janne could go all nuts over keys, but I don't see Alexi and Roope anywhere in there.

Hmm, Im not sure anymore why I said it would be lame :lol: Well, I dont really care what songs they cover. They can do Lady Gaga, Pantera or whatever they want. Im too much of a fangirl so I will probably love what ever songs they cover :p But most of their covers have been either very funny or very good...or both. At the moment my favorite is Hell is for children. Damn, its such a great song, I like the original version by Pat also very much.

Ok, this is going towards off topic now. 7th studio album: all I have to say is that do it, do it quick and make it sound as awesome as all the previous albums.

Whether or not they SHOULD do it (arguable, depending on your own opinion) there's no way they couldn't do Lady Gaga after doing Britney Spears.

While Lady Gaga seems like it's also just the same sort of fluffy pop music (and in a lot of ways, it is) there is actually quite a bit of musicality and really well thought-out composition to her songs. Seriously.

Dont you mean his songs?

I hope there will be smth like Everytime I Die 2 and Banned From Heaven :)-
I don't know why, but last albums are better than "old" Bodoms..

Yesterday in FME Alexi gave an interview. Nothing new really, but he said that its 95% certain that they will record in Petrax. And there will be a producer but he didnt tell the name yet.

Well Alexi said that they could make the album without the producer, but they want someone to come from outside and throw some ideas. Basically the message was that the producer can make suggestions but if the band doesnt like them, then they'll do it on their own way.

i want bodom to make more songs like "in the shadows"
i wanna hear something similar to the piano/orchestral part towards the ending of "in the shadows" coz its so spooky/mysterious
i wanna hear some more REAL classical/melodic death metal
thats what i wanna hear.

i want bodom to make more songs like "in the shadows"
i wanna hear something similar to the piano/orchestral part towards the ending of "in the shadows" coz its so spooky/mysterious
i wanna hear some more REAL classical/melodic death metal
thats what i wanna hear.

I would say about 80 percent of us want to hear some new, real, classical/melodic death metal. But there are a couple things that disable that from occuring. COB aren't a classically influenced band anymore. And the sooner people people realize that Alexi and Co., have evolved beyond their roots, the sooner everyone will be able to expect what ever COB churns out of the studio this time around.

I would say by this stage, it wouldn't even be possible to infuse anything that remotly sounds like "In The Shadows" into bodoms current sound.

^I DEFINITELY do not want a Bob Rock style producer nor a major label fancy producer. I'd probably be ok/curious to see what could come from having a producer in the lines of Tagtren or Townsend or whatever someone in those lines who could bring real interesting stuff in instead of just cheap tricks to make the album sell faster. I'm quite certain that won't be the case and that Bodom's not gonna get a cocky "I stick my nose everywhere" kind of producer, but we'll have to wait and see.