Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Jesus (is a liar) no wonder this thread is dying and stagnant. If theres any optimism regarding the next album, it either is shot down instantaneously or, it fades away within a day or two.

Niceness,:headbang: i dont know any Metal musicians. :cry:

Nightrage is from Sweeden. Interesting that Liiva wouldn't know that.

Marios Iliopoulos, the main man, is from Greece.

Vocalist, Antony Hämäläinen , bassist Anders Hammer , and guitarist Olof Mörck are all Swedish.

While drummer Johan Nunez is from Belgium.

Well apparently Liiva is living the quite life his day job is basically working in printing. And before that busy with Hearse

Correction bro on Antony, he's Finnish well Greek/Finnish from some sources who is an American, he resides in Arizona, heck my buddy lives a couple of blocks near Antony's house :rofl:

It would be so killer if Erik Rutan was the producer was the producer for this album. He has produced some killer Death Metal albums, actually I think he is one of the greatest Death Metal producers out there.

Fredrik Nordstrøm would also do a freaking good job though. I think that Nordstrøm would be great if they wanted to go back to their roots and take a more melodic approach, He has produced some of the greatest melodeath albums ever!

Let me see...
He has made albums for bands like Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, In Flames(the three godfathers of melodeath!), Arch Enemy, Eternal Oath, Dream Evil, Dragonland, Soilwork, SINERGY, HammerFall, Armageddon, Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, Pagan's Mind, Norther, Iron Fire and so on! All that just screams EPIC in your face! Lately he has been doing some deathcore albums though. Hmm.

I hope the new album is good. I hated the last 2.

Living Dead Beat and AYDY were the only 2 kick ass songs from these 2 albums. The rest of the songs on AYDY and BD are catchy but generic, horrible solos, angsty. HCDR took the old style and modernized it, and ruined it with AYDY.

Well apparently Liiva is living the quite life his day job is basically working in printing. And before that busy with Hearse

Correction bro on Antony, he's Finnish well Greek/Finnish from some sources who is an American, he resides in Arizona, heck my buddy lives a couple of blocks near Antony's house :rofl:

Interesting, allthough it must be quite easy to lie low after stepping out of the Arch Enemy limelight.

Lmao, Hämäläinen screams Finland. :headbang: Idiot me. Thats awesome.

I love his voice. It has a refined quality to it that must other MeloDeath vocalist do not possess, (see some of Aleksi Sihvonen vocals). He is a pretty good aspiring lyricist as well. It would be nice to see him take more command of the lyrics on the next Nightrage album ( which by the way they're already recording a new one!). Just to kinda see what hes capable of.

Fredrik Nordstrøm would also do a freaking good job though. I think that Nordstrøm would be great if they wanted to go back to their roots and take a more melodic approach, He has produced some of the greatest melodeath albums ever!

Let me see...
He has made albums for bands like Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, In Flames(the three godfathers of melodeath!), Arch Enemy, Eternal Oath, Dream Evil, Dragonland, Soilwork, SINERGY, HammerFall, Armageddon, Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, Pagan's Mind, Norther, Iron Fire and so on! All that just screams EPIC in your face! Lately he has been doing some deathcore albums though. Hmm.

Yeah, that really bothers me. I understand if he wants to branch out, but why that subgenre? Bring me the horizion:puke:

Interesting, allthough it must be quite easy to lie low after stepping out of the Arch Enemy limelight.

Lmao, Hämäläinen screams Finland. :headbang: Idiot me. Thats awesome.

I love his voice. It has a refined quality to it that must other MeloDeath vocalist do not possess, (see some of Aleksi Sihvonen vocals). He is a pretty good aspiring lyricist as well. It would be nice to see him take more command of the lyrics on the next Nightrage album ( which by the way they're already recording a new one!). Just to kinda see what hes capable of.
Well Antony's vocals I really love it on the 4th album, it brings the spirit of the Good old era of GBG melodeath vocals only added with Finnish Fury and speaking of Sihvonen, his vocals compared from Imperanon to his current works in Medicated and Norther, a huge Difference, with Imps, his vocals style is the typical Finnish death/black metal growl whereas on Medi and Norther, it's total whiny Metalcore crap.

This is what i want from the new album. Only a little bit more old school. I dont think they will attempt it however.
Well got word with Kippo on CoB, practically the guys are pretty happy and contented with the current direction the band is going which is :/ for the fans and the chances of playing old style is rather slim sadly :( Urgh. Gosh Damn it, I want the new album sound like the old albums god damn it! It's thru those albums it showcased Alexi's and the Band's genius too bad post HCDR they've been complacent.

Well got word with Kippo on CoB, practically the guys are pretty happy and contented with the current direction the band is going which is :/ for the fans and the chances of playing old style is rather slim sadly :( Urgh. Gosh Damn it, I want the new album sound like the old albums god damn it! It's thru those albums it showcased Alexi's and the Band's genius too bad post HCDR they've been complacent.
Who's Kippo? ^^

I figured as much. Thats completly fine with me as a fan. I'm not in COB so its not a decision of mine.

I wholeheartedly agree.:headbang:

However all i truly want is a small step backward. I want the guys to march foward while sticking to thier roots. I wouldn't fine a number of changes though.

A continue with the "industrial" keys would be interesting. Perhaps inserting them into verses, as a melody line. I think that would sound kickass. ((I've been jammin out to some industrial latly, dont mind me)

A little more bass would be nice. Think "Smile Pretty)

MORE ROOPE SOLOS
Yes, Roope deserves at least 5 solos an album. IMO the second solo in "BFH" and the first on "DWEDFN" are some of the Blooddrunks best.

I derailed my train of thought.

I figured as much. Thats completly fine with me as a fan. I'm not in COB so its not a decision of mine.

I wholeheartedly agree.:headbang:

However all i truly want is a small step backward. I want the guys to march foward while sticking to thier roots. I wouldn't fine a number of changes though.

A continue with the "industrial" keys would be interesting. Perhaps inserting them into verses, as a melody line. I think that would sound kickass. ((I've been jammin out to some industrial latly, dont mind me)

A little more bass would be nice. Think "Smile Pretty)

MORE ROOPE SOLOS
Yes, Roope deserves at least 5 solos an album. IMO the second solo in "BFH" and the first on "DWEDFN" are some of the Blooddrunks best.

I derailed my train of thought.
Well if you ask me, Alexi needs to get his complacent ass up a notch and yeah less time with the Slayer guys (apparently when he's in the US, he meets up his GF who happens to be Slayer's Manager).

Oh and yes Bodom need to give the bass tones more balls in it, I mean come on Henkka, sure you don't play Flashy and shit, but can you at least show off a bass solo for once damn it? Just take out your goddamn 5 stringer from Retirement and start rumbling on that bass. For once I need a Bodom album with MEATY and BALLSY bass tones, while Guitars and Keys go to their Slice and Dice Shred Fest.

Well if you ask me, Alexi needs to get his complacent ass up a notch and yeah less time with the Slayer guys (apparently when he's in the US, he meets up his GF who happens to be Slayer's Manager).

Oh and yes Bodom need to give the bass tones more balls in it, I mean come on Henkka, sure you don't play Flashy and shit, but can you at least show off a bass solo for once damn it? Just take out your goddamn 5 stringer from Retirement and start rumbling on that bass. For once I need a Bodom album with MEATY and BALLSY bass tones, while Guitars and Keys go to their Slice and Dice Shred Fest.

Nice way of wording the Alexi point. I also feel he needs to step up, and show us why he can be one of the best metal guitarist in the world. Instead of getting lazy and settling on heavy, thrash riffs. He was at that point once before. I wouldn't of hesitated to call Alexi the best in the world 3 years ago. Now i think about it for a second.

Indeed, Henkka needs some time to shine. Think Warheart! I had no idea he hung up the 5 string. Thats balls.

There is no 'best in the world' in music, only what you personally enjoy most. At some point you mature and realize that. Bodom clearly did, so should you. If you don't like where a certain band's sound is anymore, there are always plenty of other bands, and old albums to listen to.

There is no 'best in the world' in music, only what you personally enjoy most. At some point you mature and realize that. Bodom clearly did, so should you. If you don't like where a certain band's sound is anymore, there are always plenty of other bands, and old albums to listen to.
There'sa fine line of being mature and being complacent and apparently Bodom got both syndromes which is disturbing and if they go "We hate this record" it makes all the more sad esp if it's the 1st 3 albums.

Nice way of wording the Alexi point. I also feel he needs to step up, and show us why he can be the best metal guitarist in the world. Instead of getting lazy and settling on heavy, thrash riffs. He was at that point once before. I wouldn't of hesitated to call Alexi the best in the world 3 years ago. Now i think about it for a second.

Indeed, Henkka needs some time to shine. Think Warheart! I had no idea he hung up the 5 string. Thats balls.
If performance wise I want their live sound like the good old days, Think ala Tokyo Warhearts and Live in Seoul 01 tones. Now those were the good days.

On other note check out 3:42 til 3:46min imagine Alexi being complacent the gauge is his guitar being limp and when he fills himself in rage ala 1st 3 albums he's motivated as Fuck and his Guitar becomes sharp and pointy.

Last edited by a moderator: