Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

oh ok. Nah, I thought this would be a small part of an interview and not the whole interview...
But thanks for this little "interview", Joonas :)

Maybe Janne or K-Man can tell us how the band is satisfied with the new stuff so far? How many songs are complete, are there any titles, how does it sound compared to other COB?

I swear i read an interview in whitch alexi was saying he wouldn't have made that kind of shit again...

Well this time it was an accident, and the tour bus thing was an accident too I suppose.

Imagine how life can change, first you're enjoying having just invented the coolest riff ever, then you realized fucking Pantera made it first, then you end up with a broken gold award, blood on the wall and bruise on the forehead. Hey at least he seems to be really trying!

It's not like Alexi hasn't inadvertently ripped off Pantera riffs before. Just look at Punch Me I Bleed and Sixpounder.

And where is that mini-interview from?

I just bought the mag and read the whole story, it's good. There's stuff about Alexi's former bandmate and some Spinefarm crew describing him, stuff about his past, good full page pose photos etc. No news on the new album though. I'm off to summer house now so if some of you Finnish chicks wants to translate it, go ahead.

THE SHOP DIDNT HAVE IT! So yeh, welcome to this shitty place I live, and since its Walpurgis Night nothing is open anymore... If Im lucky, will get it on Sunday when I go to Seinäjoki. So sorry, you have to wait for the translation for a little longer (at least if its up to me)

Alexi, Alexi, seems he can't stop with his addiction fucking himself up with injuries. *facepalms*

That's an essential part of his personality. It's just the recent stuff that happened that made him unable to play guitar. Coming down from the van-top, tripping on the bowling alley, falling from the tourbus bunk. All these made him have a break from playing. I hope it won't happen again now that they're close to entering studio. Hitting his head with stuff might just make the music better, or not, we'll see. :)

Alexi just pulled off some awesome stuff. It's from an interview. He's having a big wound and a sore spot on his forehead.

- I'm so fucking idiot sometimes, I swear. Last night I was working on this one riff and thought I'd just invented the best and coolest thing ever. It turned out that it was actually some Pantera riff that already existed and came out of my subconsciousness. It started seriously pissing me off so I drank every drop of alcohol I could find here. And after that I struck one of our gold plates into my head. Then I started vacuuming the shards of glass and stumbled on the pipe and crashed into the wall.

Alexi's the man.

So... a Pantera riff is the coolest thing out there? At least we know what to expect now, if it wasn't already clear to somebody before...

They're off to studio to record the album in some 4-6 weeks. It's been more quiet than ever...

Seriously, why do you keep coming here if you seem to despise all Alexi and the band do nowadays?

It's not like Alexi hasn't inadvertently ripped off Pantera riffs before. Just look at Punch Me I Bleed and Sixpounder.

And where is that mini-interview from?

Even if I don't take it, I'll give you PMIB, but what's Sixpounder have to do with Pantera?

THE SHOP DIDNT HAVE IT! So yeh, welcome to this shitty place I live, and since its Walpurgis Night nothing is open anymore... If Im lucky, will get it on Sunday when I go to Seinäjoki. So sorry, you have to wait for the translation for a little longer (at least if its up to me)

We'll be happy to have it if you do it, we're not gonna set handling dates or anything, it's up to you if you have the time and want to do it :lol:

Even if I don't take it, I'll give you PMIB, but what's Sixpounder have to do with Pantera?

Well I don't mean the whole songs, just certain riffs. And when you get down to that, it's almost impossible to write a riff that someone hasn't already done before. It's really the whole songs that matter.

That said, the main riff from PMIB is extremely close to the intro one from "Hard Lines, Sunken Cheeks" from Far Beyond Driven.

As for Sixpounder, it's not as close as that one, but the main riffs is pretty much the inverse of the main riff from "A New Level", and some of the other parts are fairly similar too.

We'll be happy to have it if you do it, we're not gonna set handling dates or anything, it's up to you if you have the time and want to do it :lol:

Agreed! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, why do you keep coming here if you seem to despise all Alexi and the band do nowadays?

No I'm not despising them. It's just funny to post here cos you always loathe at me.

I just translated and provided an excerpt from an interview, because this place is so dead.

If someone can post up the interview in Finnish, I'd be glad to make an effort at translating it.

Well I don't mean the whole songs, just certain riffs. And when you get down to that, it's almost impossible to write a riff that someone hasn't already done before. It's really the whole songs that matter.

That said, the main riff from PMIB is extremely close to the intro one from "Hard Lines, Sunken Cheeks" from Far Beyond Driven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jjtwlYuuA8

As for Sixpounder, it's not as close as that one, but the main riffs is pretty much the inverse of the main riff from "A New Level", and some of the other parts are fairly similar too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77f8u7puTFc

Agreed! :)

PMIB I can give you, but still he turned a boring, dull and gay Pantera riff into a cool song, so he can keep going on that if he wants as far as I'm concerned.

But Sixpounder is like if now we start saying that A copied B because he's playing the same powerchords just in different order. I mean the strokes aren't even the same and I don't see the other similar parts. No offence, but I think people tries to push the concept of Alexi's liking of Pantera a bit too further sometimes.

No I'm not despising them. It's just funny to post here cos you always loathe at me.

I just translated and provided an excerpt from an interview, because this place is so dead.

Basically you just whine lately. When you used to come up with crazyass ideas and such stuff it was fun and we could agree or disagree, but it gave this life and I at least found it interesting. But whining over and over because "OMG Alexi's copying Pantera and gettind drunk, next Bodom will be All Hope Is Gone pt.2!!!" kind of gets boring.

PMIB I can give you, but still he turned a boring, dull and gay Pantera riff into a cool song, so he can keep going on that if he wants as far as I'm concerned.

But Sixpounder is like if now we start saying that A copied B because he's playing the same powerchords just in different order. I mean the strokes aren't even the same and I don't see the other similar parts. No offence, but I think people tries to push the concept of Alexi's liking of Pantera a bit too further sometimes

Actually, it's not just the same chords different (re-arranged) order, but the same chords, in reverse order. Instead of ascending, they descend. And the chug riff is really close too.

But I'm not saying Alexi is a huge Pantera fan boy, though he has said Vulgar Display of Power is one of his favorite albums, just where there are some major similarities and influence. I don't even think either case was on purpose.

It's like I said earlier, I'm just talking about certain riffs, and pretty much every riff has been done before by someone, so it's no big deal or anything crazy.

yeah I doubt he'd copy them on purpose thinking OH MAN I'M TOTALLY GOING TO GET AWAY WITH THIS; it was probably just a thing he did by accident because he listens to pantera a lot. when i listen to certain bands a lot their style rubs off on me and gets incorporated into my playing/songs, it's just something that happens. not only that but yeah it really is true every riff has basically been done unless you're talking about super obscure mixing of notes that just sounds like shit. all the good sounding and 6th and 5th string utilizing riffs and rhythms have really been done (especially when you're a straight forward metal band) unless you want to get into meshuggah territory. the only thing I think they took on purpose was the bodom after midnight interlude lead keyboard/guitar thing before the riff that is before the keyboard solo which was from the movie The Rock but didn't they mean that more as a tribute since it's a movie they like?

There's only so many possible combinations of notes you can use, unless you want to get into some really strange things that can't even be duplicated live. Seriously, who the fuck cares if a riff sounds similar to a riff from another song?