Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

PMIB I can give you, but still he turned a boring, dull and gay Pantera riff into a cool song, so he can keep going on that if he wants as far as I'm concerned.

I agree on that, PMIB is one of the most atmospheric COB tracks, Pantera should be flattered if Alexi "stole" one riff for that song. Maybe they mixed AYDY (album) with IYF in mind to get its full potential out and that mix isn't best for the tracks 1 & 4.

If Alexi thought he found a cool idea, maybe he should just use it.

Basically you just whine lately. When you used to come up with crazyass ideas and such stuff it was fun and we could agree or disagree, but it gave this life and I at least found it interesting. But whining over and over because "OMG Alexi's copying Pantera and gettind drunk, next Bodom will be All Hope Is Gone pt.2!!!" kind of gets boring.

Yea yea. Basically it just seems alarming to me that judging from the interviews there's no anxiety involved in writing this new material. Until Alexi banged his head everywhere. That was honestly a sign of relief to me considering this album. I'd just like to hear "we're gonna make a fantastic album" rather than "I dunno, maybe the same shit again." I'm telling this because you state I'm negative about it.

It might be they're making their best album to date you know, I don't want to insult anyone in the band if they see this, but the impression you get from the few interviews is they're just making a new album because it's in their contract, and there's no passion to try new stuff, it's just gonna be heavy shit. And no, they're not responsible for telling their fans everything. Maybe they just don't want to speak to the public about it, who knows. Maybe it's even a good sign, to stay focused on writing music and not doing interviews. But the reality is by now they probably have 7 songs ready, and we don't know shit.

Alexi has had a ton of riffs ready before 2010. It's gonna be interesting to check out those riffs. And I know one of the songs will be influenced by Alexi's trip down the bus bunk, but that's Joonas-know.

If it's gonna be like Blooddrunk - but with more kickass riffs - it should do me. Blooddrunk was all about interesting keyboard ideas and not exactly the most innovative heavy and a little boring guitar riffs, but that's just my opinion.

They don't have to do a return to the roots or neo-classical wankery or do a FTR 2 to satisfy me, because I don't have a strong opinion on what is best COB. + I discovered they're not the only interesting band out there so my life doesn't depend on it and maybe this time I won't start to fear I'm gonna be run over by a truck two months before the release of the album. And when the expectations aren't unrealistically high (like the two last times I had) there's a better chance of not being disappointed.

On a sidenote, one day I made a quick calculation in my head and figured COB produces on average 1,6 seconds of new music 'per day.' And considering the amount of musicianship they have, I guess they should be thrilled about making a new album (even tho it's hard work) but to the outside it can seem worrying when there's no updates.

I don't mean to say this in a negative tone, I know a bunch of people interpret my writing as negative. But I've requested news a couple of posts up so maybe when Janne or K-Man reads this they'll break the ice and let us know what's going on. I think even working titles of new songs are interesting.

This discussion is EXACTLY the same kind of discussion before 'Blooddrunk' was released.

Kinda hilarious....or pathetic. Not sure :lol:

Ok, i know this thread is about the new album, but does anyone happen to know the release date of the new Rockhouse method DVD that is supposed to be released in the summer?

I could find no info on the Rockhouse Method site.

I just re-read my post and want to clarify: whatever COB is doing it's gonna be good music, but at this point with the last two albums we knew a few song names and stuff already so it's odd there's no news on this one yet, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything so I'll just shut up now till someone opens the secret box.

I don't get it, why is it odd that there aren't any news right now? What would be the benefit of knowing for example a few working titles, except of lots of dispensable presumptions being caused, based on nothing more than just subjective associations? I mean, they haven't even entered the studio yet! What do you want atm, ten seconds of a half-baked FTR-styled riff? Of course I'm looking forward to some news as well, but I'm able to live without news as long as all they would cause would be some other old vs. new or drunk vs. not drunk discussions, or advices what music Alexi should listen to and which toilet paper he should use while writing the songs. As long as I don't hear him say he's gone out of inspiration and we can wait as long as to the fourth Sinergy album, I'm totally fine.

The lack of inspiration part wasn't referring to the Sinergy album, but to the present song writing process. You may replace the "and" with "or" if you're feeling better that way.

we can wait as long as to the fourth Sinergy album, I'm totally fine.
I'm certainly not fine with that, as there isn't going to be a fourth Sinergy album.
I'm not expecting a great deal out of this album to be honest, Blooddrunk whilst good was way off "Bodom standard" and was a massive disappointment to me. Laiho's said that Blooddrunk is his favourite album so far and that Hatebreeder (my favourite album) wasn't musical enough... Seems to be an indication that they'll veer further away from my tastes.
The idea that he would have accepted a Pantera riff, had he not realized he unconsciously stole it, also makes me think that the album won't be that great. Maybe they'll surprise me though.

:lol: OK, what in this one sentence is that hard to understand?

Maybe I should try to reduce my posts to short subject-predicate-object sentences.

I'm certainly not fine with that, as there isn't going to be a fourth Sinergy album.
I'm not expecting a great deal out of this album to be honest, Blooddrunk whilst good was way off "Bodom standard" and was a massive disappointment to me. Laiho's said that Blooddrunk is his favourite album so far and that Hatebreeder (my favourite album) wasn't musical enough... Seems to be an indication that they'll veer further away from my tastes.
The idea that he would have accepted a Pantera riff, had he not realized he unconsciously stole it, also makes me think that the album won't be that great. Maybe they'll surprise me though.

How can you say Blooddrunk is way off Bodom standard? They are Bodom and no matter what they write that is their standard at the time.

I personally think BD is the best album they have out so far. IMO it's the heaviest and most well written album so far. I hope the new album is similar to BD, but with even more thrash type riffs in the mix. And possibly a tad more Keys.

The idea that he would have accepted a Pantera riff makes me even more excited about the new album, as I have been listening to Pantera for WAAAYYYY longer than Bodom. Pantera just fucking rocks!! They were one of the biggest bands for many many years, until they split.

But I am sure we all have our own ideas of what we want the new album to sound like, but only time will tell. All I know is I haven't disliked anything from Bodom yet, and I don't see that changing anytime in the near future.

im just saying that blooddrunk SUCKS compared to other albums

but that depends on what time u first liked bodom at, if u followed them from the beggining of course u wont like the newer stuff cuz its way far from that.
if u liked the latest albums first of course ul stick to that..
personally i listened to HB fistly and then got the other albums so i like older style more but i know they wont get back to that which sucks for me.. its still my favorite band though and i dig a small part of the newer tracks specially AYDY album cuz the only good BD songs are BD and TMR

How can you say Blooddrunk is way off Bodom standard? They are Bodom and no matter what they write that is their standard at the time.
What I mean by Blooddrunk not being up to "Bodom standard" is that, though it's a good album, it's absolute arse gravy when you compare it to any other Bodom album. I've absolutely loved everything up to and including Are You Dead Yet? but Blooddrunk fell flat for me.

Laiho's said that Blooddrunk is his favourite album so far and that Hatebreeder wasn't musical enough... Seems to be an indication that they'll veer further away from my tastes.

The idea that he would have accepted a Pantera riff, had he not realized he unconsciously stole it, also makes me think that the album won't be that great.

You pretty much said what most of people think. I just hope Alexi composes something extraordinary cos there were some songs on Blooddrunk that weren't COB standard.. But it's still a cool addition to their discography, with some tense ideas. And if Alexi wants to make Pantera music we just have to respect that. But as said, Alexi can turn a Pantera riff into something from another dimension, so let's see.

What I mean by Blooddrunk not being up to "Bodom standard" is that, though it's a good album, it's absolute arse gravy when you compare it to any other Bodom album. I've absolutely loved everything up to and including Are You Dead Yet? but Blooddrunk fell flat for me.

i totally agree