Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

"Shovel Knockout" is the best song title ever.

I remember when I first saw that song title, I was like "what the fuck kind of song title is that?". Their songs have been quite different from the old days, but some of the new songs kind of remind me of FTR also, like Northpole Throwdown.

I finally got my "preorder" book today...just listened to it once through. Initial reaction is that this is a damn good COB album. Pussyfoot Miss Suicide is the only song I was disappointed in. Shovel Knockout and Roundtrip To Hell And Back are the standouts. Relentless Reckless Forever was a good track too, kind of reminds me of Hate Crew Deathroll (the song). Overall, at least as of now, I'd definitely rate this album higher than BD or AYDY, but I like them all. Having the lyrics for more than a few songs, is a nice touch, too.

Agreed. Not surprisingly, among the bands I appreciate the most, especially for their superior songwriting, are the ones that compose the songs rather than jam them; case in point: Bal-Sagoth, and recently Carach Angren. IMO this is something that CoB would have to do as well to be great, and not just popular/catchy.

Checked them out just now. Cool stuff! Btw, do you know of any progressive (and/or symphonic in nature) VK bands out there? Haha.

Update :

They added the artwork !

rthab.jpg

Sorry for the size :p

RRF is a step up for sure and NOT MY FUNERAL is pretty fucking rad comebackdude. Must say goodjob dude Alexi. Keyboards are back with alittle more atmosphere and some riffs and shit fuck yeah...And some nice solos in there too. Now take this album a build upon it and fuck yeahh!!!

My you-can't-live-without-it opinion : RRF is a kickass album, incredible stuff; awesome to hear music from COB again; terrible cover; will they manage to play that shit live ?; they make me wanna become a fucking truckdriver; I've been listening to this album twice a day now.