Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Was fcking fun to (try to) play the drumming on Northpole today for the first time !!1 lool that song is insane. I love the switches and breaks :worship:

Was fcking fun to (try to) play the drumming on Northpole today for the first time !!1 lool that song is insane. I love the switches and breaks :worship:

I wonder why so many dismisses that song, I think it kicks ass. Solos are fucking whack

shit man, feel bad for your package! : i've ordered the needled24/7 jacket and got it in like a week. finland-canada still in great shape after 2 years

It didn't get held up at customs for any reason?
It seems like every second item I order from overseas gets stuck at customs, and I receive an assessment weeks after it's arrived saying that I need to pay Canada customs money for inspecting whatever I ordered.

Does Canada post suck that bad? In USA I always get my overseas packages very quick. Stuff from Japan usually takes the longest but even then its 5-7 days tops.

I think not long after the DVD came out, I ordered 3 shirts. (I'm in Canada) The only one I remember was a sleeveless Reaper caution symbol, like the one Alexi wears in the DVD, but the back wasn't the same as his.
They never came. I contacted the webmaster, and he said they'd resend, and I still never got them.
I checked every post office branch around here every other day for weeks, just incase!

I'm not mad, cause fuck money.....but damn....everytime I see a UPS truck on my street I always think, "Oh woah, what if they found my shirts in the back after all this time!" lol

Btw, on other topic....At first I was dissapointed a bit with NPTD, only because I wanted some epic ending. But actually, NPTD is kinda fitting now, I feel. Just a quick, fun, heavy song! :)

I'm trying to be polite here and speak about the good things but the lack of heart on this record compared to the feelingful Follow the Reaper or the esoteric Hatebreeder just bums me out. Sure it's kinda good and bla bla but come on, it's not what you'd expect from the band who made those couple albums. There's a few epic flashes on RRF yes but the rest is just something Alexi could write any day, like a technical guitar warm up. If they're wondering why some fans are disappointed or pissed off, why not try to realize we're doing something better now, but maybe we did something better back then as well and not shrug it away everytime someone mentions those old albums like we're suggesting they've not developed as musicians, that's not the point, it's recognizeable they write more technically advanced stuff now but to the ear of the listener it's not as epic. Maybe this is exactly the kind of metal they wanna do now and it isn't supposed to involve a huge load of atmosphere in the first place, or maybe it's just very difficult to put all those ingredients creatively together into four minute packages under limited time frame. There was something about their early work that made them legendary back in the day, and now they don't want that incorporated in their music and it's leaving old-school fans mystified.

The point is you should stop expecting something like HB or FtR from the band. They explicitly stated in multiple interviews that they're not so keen on those albums anymore, and besides they have changed - they're not 20 anymore, they've made lots of experiences and experiences change people, whether they want it or not. So now Alexi is a different person than what he was back when he wrote HB and FtR, and since the music he writes is partly a reflection of his self and what he feels at the time of writing, it is obvious that he can't do the same stuff all over again. He's different, he feels different, he writes different music.

Once that has been nailed, you're welcome to state that you like older albums better. It's a matter of taste. But comparing newer albums to HB and FtR and say they're so-so because they're not HB/FtR pt.2 is kinda pointless: the band was never trying to do that and as a matter of fact, I believe they're actually actively trying to avoid making pt. 2 of any of their albums. I like HB and FtR but they're not coming back, so I stopped expecting them and things have been smoother ever since.

Once that has been nailed, you're welcome to state that you like older albums better.

You know I'm not saying old is better than new since it's a taste matter, I fully realize each of their albums has a personal strength and a personal weakness each of which I could name right now if I wanted, I'm just saying they had something back then that made them big in the first place and they don't want that anymore which is weird. Everyone I've talked with about COB say "I miss the old feeling." They say they're unwilling to go back, but it's unclear whether they mean going back to the feeling or inexperienced musicianship. I don't care abou the neo-classisicm, I just care about the feeling, basically it wasn't as riff-oriented as now. The change that occurred between Follow the Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll was even more considerable then the change from Inearthed to Children Of Bodom.

The old stuff still gives me eargasms.
RRF doesn't, but does that mean it's a worse album? I don't think so. It's different and not in my top 20 albums or something, but definitely top notch and most importantly; it's Bodom