Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

They should just quit doing funny thrash covers, and bodomize some metal songs or something symphonic or something with famous melodies.

This should've been the single

Indeed. I think this song summarizes pretty much everything that's great in COB; epic melodies, atmospheric keys, great solos, hateful vocals and catchy, yet somewhat brutal riffs. And also proves, that they don't need to do SW part2 to make awesome songs.

Indeed. I think this song summarizes pretty much everything that's great in COB; epic melodies, atmospheric keys, great solos, hateful vocals and catchy, yet somewhat brutal riffs. And also proves, that they don't need to do SW part2 to make awesome songs.

It's also got the feeling of being "chased", so the riffs are not just riffs for the sake of having riffs. The intro riff on the live version captures the atmosphere much better than on the studio version, they should've put more importance on it.

It's also got the feeling of being "chased", so the riffs are not just riffs for the sake of having riffs. The intro riff on the live version captures the atmosphere much better than on the studio version, they should've put more importance on it.

Yeah, I kind of understand what you mean :p And yes, I think this whole song is build geniously and delivers more feeling than most songs. Also, while I'm not that fond of very short songs, the short duration fits this one very well; no useless parts, just total in-your-face attitude. And while most new COB songs do have that fuck you-message, this song actually delivers it.

I thought the new album was pretty awesome. I like the fact the album comes with a DVD with some extra live footage and music video for was it worth it? It has the feeling like that of hatecrew deathroll and are you dead yet. I know many hate the HC sound and prefers the power metal influenced days. But I think this is one of the best COBHC albums I have in my collection.

I'm surprised to see you guys dislike YBOD: it's got one of the most brutal verse riffs ever written by COB, and it's always been one of HCDR's highlights for me. LBRH, on the other hand, has always left me somewhat meh... it's not bad, but nothing special either. Obviously imho.

I'm surprised to see you guys dislike YBOD: it's got one of the most brutal verse riffs ever written by COB, and it's always been one of HCDR's highlights for me. LBRH, on the other hand, has always left me somewhat meh... it's not bad, but nothing special either. Obviously imho.

A lot of people on this board aren't 'complete COB fans', if I had to give them a label. Some are fans of certain eras or certain sounds. At the very least, perhaps some people here are embarrassed to be COB fans, like it's cool to hate on the newer material or something.

I think you and I are COB fans (as opposed to Something Wild or FTR fans), people who love the shit out of every album. Generally, we are the people who also find YBOD to be like you said a highlight of HCDR. I also find LBRH to be lackluster. In my opinion its overrated here because of some amazing bits in it but the song overall is not so great.

The point is, this board doesn't represent the opinions of the majority of fans. At least that's my judgement

2cents - As a new COB fan, after a few plays & reading the lyrics, RRF is a solid album. Current favs: COTN, NPT (bring on the elves) and SKO -- fun fun fun! Hook, line and sinker to supporting COB = HCDR. The dudes have talent!

I think you and I are COB fans (as opposed to Something Wild or FTR fans), people who love the shit out of every album.

So you think "FTR-fans" don't respect the new thrashy direction the band has taken because they think it's a cool attitude? Maybe it's just our sincere feelings...? Each of their albums has a strength and a weakness. Does not realizing the weaknesses make one a bigger fan?

I don't know, maybe you misinterpret fans favouring a certain album as 'hating everything else'.
It's just not wise to publicly lift oneself over other fans by stating you love everything the band has put out.

True fans tend to become protective to the art and sensitive to the changes... and when it goes the wrong way they express it viciously and appear whiny. In my logic it's enough to be a big fan by loving just 2 albums. Many bands change a hell of a lot during their existence.

A lot of people on this board aren't 'complete COB fans', if I had to give them a label. Some are fans of certain eras or certain sounds. At the very least, perhaps some people here are embarrassed to be COB fans, like it's cool to hate on the newer material or something.

I think you and I are COB fans (as opposed to Something Wild or FTR fans), people who love the shit out of every album. Generally, we are the people who also find YBOD to be like you said a highlight of HCDR. I also find LBRH to be lackluster. In my opinion its overrated here because of some amazing bits in it but the song overall is not so great.

The point is, this board doesn't represent the opinions of the majority of fans. At least that's my judgement
Your attitude sucks.

And no, I'm not one of "those who only like certain eras or sounds", so I don't feel "addressed" by your post, but it still sucks.

Haven't you been the one complaining about the lack of tolerance in this board and devaluating other reasonable opinions in the same post recently?

News from Spinefarm:

"CHILDREN OF BODOM, fresh from completing a run of seven headline shows in the UK & Ireland as part of their current ‘Ugly World Tour’, have been confirmed to play at Download 2011; they will appear on the 2nd Stage on Friday, June 10th.

The five – led into action by guitar star Alexi Laiho – will be supporting this one-off UK festival showing with a brand new single, the third to be drawn from their new, highly acclaimed ‘Relentless, Reckless Forever’ album (their seventh to date), which has already sold well in excess of 100,000 copies worldwide and has been certified gold in their home country of Finland.

The single in question is ‘Shovel Knockout’, and it will be available – via Spinefarm – both as a limited edition coloured vinyl 7” plus a digital download; the bonus material will be drawn from COB keyboard player Janne Warman’s solo recordings, some of which feature Alexi (voted ‘Best Metal Guitarist’ by the readers of Guitar World) as special guest."

So you think "FTR-fans" don't respect the new thrashy direction the band has taken because they think it's a cool attitude? Maybe it's just our sincere feelings...? Each of their albums has a strength and a weakness. Does not realizing the weaknesses make one a bigger fan?

I don't know, maybe you misinterpret fans favouring a certain album as 'hating everything else'.
It's just not wise to publicly lift oneself over other fans by stating you love everything the band has put out.

True fans tend to become protective to the art and sensitive to the changes... and when it goes the wrong way they express it viciously and appear whiny. In my logic it's enough to be a big fan by loving just 2 albums. Many bands change a hell of a lot during their existence.

He went too far, that's true, but we both know that there's a lot of free/unjustified bashing on the new material just for the sake of it being new and having replaced neoclassical with thrash. And I'm sorry, but even though people says that's not it and try to mask it with "old style" and "atmosphere" and crap like that (explaination/examples of which I'm still waiting for btw), deep down it's just the fact that the Yngwie side of COB's older albums is gone, because the solos aren't down, the keys are back as people asked for, and if anything Alexi's singing has gone better.

I think the whole problem is that people tend to take such things as music (or sports, etc) to serious. I mean, why can't we fucking enjoy the music, and if you don't like it - do not listen to it and find yourself some other band. It may sound shallow, but the way I see it is that some people keep fighting and bashing on the internet for theirs ego sake... Just relax and let others live.