Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I hope they have the patience to keep it in till the release. I don't like the fact last time for example we'd heard 3 of arguably Blooddrunk's better tracks already before the album was released. One in the Bam Margera thing (even tho the remake was much better), one as a single release (first on radio) and one on MySpace. I'd be fine with a single release but after a long wait it would be cool to hear the whole new CD in one go. It just gets disturbing when you know the stuff is already out there and you try to wait another month, fearing you'll be run over by truck and never get to hear it. I know when I've had enough beers I can no longer manage the temptation.

You guys still think that a Band is supposed to do anything their fans say, concerning the composing and style of their music

You guys still think that a Band is supposed to do anything their fans say, concerning the composing and style of their music

I hope nobody ever thought so. It's called freedom of speech, but it doesn't mean anyone should care.

I agree with Joonas on the one single it's ok thing. Yes it was cool getting material while they waited to release the album, but Blooddrunk's listening wasn't as exciting as AYDY's because I already had listened to three of it's tracks, and it was "two new tracks, one already listened". I hate waiting, but I'd rather just get one single and wait for the rest in a pack as I have to wait anyways.

Yeah. Last time I'd heard songs 2, 4, 6, 8 so only every second song was new when I got the album. Not gonna repeat that mistake next time that's for sure. Just need to figure a way how to not think about the leaks!

Totally. I remember pretty much the entire album being leaked on Youtube. Not that it would happen with this one anyway, what with Youtube's addiction to censoring and taking videos down :p

But yeah. An awesome single, including a cover song and maybe a bonus video with them being twats on it would be awesome.

Or atleast a COBTV part 3-4 on the website, or something.

On the City.fi interview Alexi is saying at one point that it's cruel how he must write a new album and he feels like he can't get any ideas out there, that the table is clean and he should write a new album and he listens to his earlier songs and thinks how the hell did I do that. :lol: I hope there's something on the table now because they enter studio in 3 weeks I think. Of course that's just the dark side of album writing with a label contract and I'm sure there is some inspiration there as well, but this doesn't really sound passionate and only lowers my hopes. Still I hope for a great album tho.

Joonas Lehtonen in the "7th studio album" thread;9142801 said:
On the City.fi interview Alexi is saying at one point that it's cruel how he must write a new album and he feels like he can't get any ideas out there, that the table is clean and he should write a new album and he listens to his earlier songs and thinks how the hell did I do that. :lol: I hope there's something on the table now because they enter studio in 3 weeks I think. Of course that's just the dark side of album writing with a label contract and I'm sure there is some inspiration there as well, but this doesn't really sound passionate and only lowers my hopes. Still I hope for a great album tho.
Joonas Lehtonen in the "COB interviews" thread;9142797 said:
I don't know when that interview was made but Alexi is saying at one point that it's cruel how he must write a new album and he feels like he can't get any ideas out there, that the table is clean and he should write a new album and he listens to his earlier songs and thinks how the hell did I do that. :lol: I hope there's something on the table now because they enter studio in 3 weeks I think. Of course that's just the dark side of album writing with a label contract and I'm sure there is some inspiration there as well, but this doesn't really sound passionate and only lowers my hopes. Still I hope for a great album tho.
Grats, you nearly made two identical posts in two different threads :lol:

How you're stupid but not an idiot. I'm used to that kinda feeling (ok, feeling is a bad word for that, but didn't know any better :lol:)

Yeah I know the feeling too, and sometimes it's the other way around, but this time I meant it as joke.. Idiot is when you don't know something and stupid is when you know but can't understand it. And sometimes not being stupid helps you out of a situation where you're an idiot :D That's the way life is man..

Despite him essentially saying they lack enthusiasm, I think this is a good sign. He seems impressed with the older stuff, rather than his usual ignorance and dismissal towards it.

The whole clean slate comment is a good sign as well; Blooddrunk, to me, was rather samey in a lot of parts and I think that this might lead to more, not so much experimentation, but something refreshing.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

^He didn't actually refer to the old stuff, I got the impression he might've been listening to HCDR album and thinking how did he do that. Then he sits around and after five hours he gets some idea, or something. I guess the point is you can't force creativity, and if there's stress there's less room for creativity to flourish. But now they have had time so no excuses. I just hope Alexi went for some deeper stuff for inspiration than just thrash riffs. Actually it doesn't matter what it is like as long as it's good. Even in-your-face can be genious and even deep in its own way.

Well yeah you'd suppose he's juiced out every bit of creativity he has into those albums, and how is 2 years of touring enough for an album worth of new ideas to generate in your mind.

They're putting some stuff together now and studio is in a couple weeks.

Dare i say its time for to give the other members a bigger chance to contribute?

That would be operating under the assumption that they don't already do as much creatively as they'd like to in the songwriting process. Which only they would know and be able to accurately answer.

I would imagine that's not an issue, though.

And I also don't think that Alexi's recent statements that Joonas is referring to are anything out of the ordinary or anything to worry about.

And I also don't think that Alexi's recent statements that Joonas is referring to are anything out of the ordinary or anything to worry about.

Yeah, if someone said something like that in the sport world, it would be taken out of context and headlined: "Alexi desperate for ideas." Of course a clean sheet always feels challenging after having finished and practiced a thorough album 3 years earlier.

The best ideas don't come to you by sitting on the desk trying to to invent something. Maybe it feels like trying to ignite spark from a rock with a wooden blog. Most of best ideas come without a designated time or place or moment. But Alexi has a way of going somewhere alone with his guitar, recorder, amp and beers to play and give birth to riffs and ideas.

But to let other band members interfere with the songwriting? Hell no. Maybe if they have an idea they will present it to Alexi, but other than that they have enough work with their own instrument sections. You should know Alexi is COB. Then again we don't know, maybe the others would have good ideas, but I'd rather not have that risk.