Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Who said bass was recorded before guitars?
Blooddrunk order wrong too.

Kind of what I was thinking. I would think guitars would be one of the first things recorded as I am sure most songs start with a guitar riff or melody and the rest gets worked off of that.

If you don't mind my asking, what typically is your order of operations when it comes to recording?

Is this the real Janne? If so, can't wait to see you guys in October playing in Orlando. Will be the best Birthday gift ever...except for that time I got a guitar.

Who said bass was recorded before guitars?

Your bassist wrote he was doing his first track before power went down, so I thought he'd do his full share out of the way, but guess not.

Blooddrunk order wrong too.

Ok.. here's quotes from Henkka's studio diary on Blooddrunk in chronological order:

-Jaska is now done with all his stuff, and he did really good job!
During the weekend we started to check rythm guitar sounds, cos we were not happy with the sounds on the earlier Tie my Rope mix, so we wanna find the best sound.

-So now we are ready to start recording guitars. We 've been looking for sounds with different kinds of thingies...And rythm guitar sound is now good to go.

-Still working with the guitars... as you can see... Due to some schedule things we will do rhythm guitar tracks completely, and then continue with melodies and solos... When those are done we will start recording the low ends, bass tracks!

-Now the guitars are mostly done!! There's only a couple of melodies missing, but anyway, we start recording bass tracks now, and then continue later with missing guitars. Janne will also start recording his things now!

-The bass tracks were done last week and at the moment Alexi is finishing his solos. That means that all that is left is the keyboard sounds, and vocals. Janne has already started working last week and he has recorded most of his stuff, but later on we still have to choose the sounds, the final sounds. So next week will be exciting, when we start choosing sounds, and recording the vocals.

-Last week in studio, Alexi has been doing vocals with Peter Tägtgren this week. Janne will finish his stuff now also, and by the end of the week everything should be fine. We will start mixing and mastering right away.

http://www.cobhc.com/index.php?id=bddiary

What am I missing, the solos being recorded later? I guess they should be mentioned separately.

Your bassist wrote he was doing his first track before power went down, so I thought he'd do his full share out of the way, but guess not.

Ok.. here's quotes from Henkka's studio diary on Blooddrunk in chronological order:

-Jaska is now done with all his stuff, and he did really good job!
During the weekend we started to check rythm guitar sounds, cos we were not happy with the sounds on the earlier Tie my Rope mix, so we wanna find the best sound.

-So now we are ready to start recording guitars. We 've been looking for sounds with different kinds of thingies...And rythm guitar sound is now good to go.

-Still working with the guitars... as you can see... Due to some schedule things we will do rhythm guitar tracks completely, and then continue with melodies and solos... When those are done we will start recording the low ends, bass tracks!

-Now the guitars are mostly done!! There's only a couple of melodies missing, but anyway, we start recording bass tracks now, and then continue later with missing guitars. Janne will also start recording his things now!

-The bass tracks were done last week and at the moment Alexi is finishing his solos. That means that all that is left is the keyboard sounds, and vocals. Janne has already started working last week and he has recorded most of his stuff, but later on we still have to choose the sounds, the final sounds. So next week will be exciting, when we start choosing sounds, and recording the vocals.

-Last week in studio, Alexi has been doing vocals with Peter Tägtgren this week. Janne will finish his stuff now also, and by the end of the week everything should be fine. We will start mixing and mastering right away.

http://www.cobhc.com/index.php?id=bddiary

What am I missing, the solos being recorded later? I guess they should be mentioned separately.

Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!
When I just saw this, I was like WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH WTF I can't have missed all that in only TWO DAYS not at the PC!?!?!?!?!
but then I realised you quoted the BD recordings :( :( :(

NEVER DO THAT AGAIN :mad:

Kind of what I was thinking. I would think guitars would be one of the first things recorded as I am sure most songs start with a guitar riff or melody and the rest gets worked off of that.

If you don't mind my asking, what typically is your order of operations when it comes to recording?

Is this the real Janne? If so, can't wait to see you guys in October playing in Orlando. Will be the best Birthday gift ever...except for that time I got a guitar.

Usually the guitar is recorded first, but I've heard of a few bands doing drums first on their last albums. I think it might be easier for the guitarists to follow the drum track than drums following the guitar. Just my 0.02.

I don't mind a few songs from BD, like the song BD was really heavy, as well as Bloodhounds on my Trail. AYDY is also pretty damn heavy, I liked it too.
Perhaps there should be something like a hybrid of BD/AYDY and HCDR.

MOAR KEYS PLOX

Why are people always talking about this Wintersun's Time album like it's bound by omen to become pure greatness when it cares to come out.

First of all 'cause the first album was awesome.Then,well,think about it for a second:Jari has been keeping on saying that he doesn't release the album just cause he wanna reach the perfection since 2006;Now,imagine the reaction of the fans if the album is just a great album.
I'm not saying that it will be pure greatness just because Jari said that,I just mean that's a good reason to make jari make this statment come true

August 18, 2010

CHILDREN OF BODOM ENTERS STUDIO; BEGINS WORK ON NEW ALBUM

CRITICALLY LAUDED FINNISH METAL BAND LOOKS TO CREATE “THE PERFECT STORM” WITH NEW RECORD

CHILDREN OF BODOM, the esteemed Finnish Heavy Metal band that features frontman and modern day guitar hero Alexi Laiho has entered Hollola, Finland’s Petrax Studios to begin work on its as-yet-untitled seventh studio album. COB has enlisted famed rock producer Matt Hyde (Slayer, Monster Magnet) to oversee the new recording and will remain in the studio through late September.

“We’re very excited to let everyone hear what we’re creating with this new record,” said the band in a statement. “Everything you love about CHILDREN OF BODOM has been magnified tenfold and we’re pushing ourselves harder than ever before. Expect nothing less than “the perfect storm!”

CHILDREN OF BODOM's enthralling mix of modern heavy metal, melodic hooks and the guitar acrobatics of Laiho have solidified the critically acclaimed band as one of the most revered hard rock acts in the world and one of the leading voices of metal’s new generation. The group’s 2008 studio album Blooddrunk skyrocketed to #22 on Billboard’s Top 200, scored the quintet its third consecutive #1 debut in its native Finland and saw Laiho named “Best Metal Guitarist” by the readers of Guitar World, besting well known players such as Kirk Hammett of Metallica and Alex Skolnick of Testament to win the coveted award. CHILDREN OF BODOM has been called "technically dazzling" by the New York Times and “One of the most talented metal bands of our time” by contemporary media conglomerate VICE.

Immediately upon the completion of the new album, CHILDREN OF BODOM will join Zakk Wylde’s Black Label Society for a two month North American tour. Dubbed the “Black Label Berzerkus,” and described as “rock n’ roll nights of excess and unique madness,” the massive trek will kick off on September 21st at Roseland in Portland, OR and make stops across the whole of the U.S. and Canada. Alexi and Zakk will appear side-by-side on the cover of Guitar World’s November, 2010 issue – on newsstands September 21 (see cover sneak peek HERE).

In additional COB news, the band has contributed the song “If You Want Peace...Prepare for War” to the upcoming music video game Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. To “maximize players’ shredability,” Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock “delivers the next evolution in finger-fretting with an all-new, show-stopping guitar controller that was inspired and born from the game’s unique art style and specifically made for shredding.” CHILDREN OF BODOM will appear on the game alongside fellow heavyweights KISS, Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters and more.

In addition to Laiho, CHILDREN OF BODOM features Roope Latvala (guitar), Janne Warman (keyboard), Henkka Seppälä (bass) and Jaska Raatikainen (drums).

More Info: http://www.myspace.com/childrenofbodom/blog?bID=538381773#ixzz0x4IJNy3w

"The perfect storm"
sounds to me like it evolves BD into an even thrashier sound. But still melodic enough,
Not that you can honestly say anything about this statement, but hey, you gotta do something to kill the time.

yeah a statement like that probably doesn't mean stuff but if perfect storm means insanely chaotic thrash and dark atmosphere yet with structure that it all flows on like the aggression of a storm with control that'd be a pretty awesome sound haha. it probably means nothing but the fact that "the perfect storm" hopefully is indicitive of the sound and not a title of the album or song or anything; that'd just be too cheesy haha!

The important bits:

“We’re very excited to let everyone hear what we’re creating with this new record,” said the band in a statement. “Everything you love about CHILDREN OF BODOM has been magnified tenfold and we’re pushing ourselves harder than ever before. Expect nothing less than “the perfect storm!”

Well, this sounds like pure marketing that came from the record label :) I think the band would be much more analytical about their material than saying we put together all bits you love about COB and made it ten times cooler. But if that's true then Holy vittu!! Sounds exciting. Basically that means they're NOT going more to the "thrash" route.