Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

The important bits:

“We’re very excited to let everyone hear what we’re creating with this new record,” said the band in a statement. “Everything you love about CHILDREN OF BODOM has been magnified tenfold and we’re pushing ourselves harder than ever before. Expect nothing less than “the perfect storm!”

Well, this sounds like pure marketing that came from the record label :) I think the band would be much more analytical about their material than saying we put together all bits you love about COB and made it ten times cooler. But if that's true then Holy vittu!! Sounds exciting. Basically that means they're NOT going more to the "thrash" route.

except you're being biased and only thinking in your terms? what if some people love how children of bodom combine thrash/groove riffs with some keyboard atmosphere? saying everything YOU love about children of bodom could mean anything honestly but yes it does sound a lot like regular promo talk. some bands really do mean it though, when they make new albums a lot of time they feel like its the best they've pushed and worked so far; it's hard not to get caught up in the excitement of new music and be 100% objective since it's your own stuff haha

Yeah man, whether that statement really came from the band itself or the label, it's still pretty damn bold and leaves me excited. Maybe I'm seeing conspiracies everywhere but I just know these marketing slogans are used as weapon injected to the brain of the potential buyers. You see everytime a band makes a new album, everyone says it's their best. It's the law. I mean if that were to be true about the music, they would be positioned to an undisputed divine dimension of metal gods to the top of the pyramid, where everyone else is not two but three steps lower. You know there's even athletes who supposedly write online diaries for their fans, but they're not actually done by themselves but by some other dude working for the team.. so it's not something unseen before.

I just can't see how you can make that stuff 3 times better, let alone 10. But they supposedly said that then so be it! I want first single and sixty beers now!

Matt Hyde is the new producer for album no 7 ugh!! But oh well let's just see if he and the guys can deliver.

One thing that leads me to believe the music could be even heavier is Alexi's current state of vocals. He's really fucked up his throat and has to sing lower pitch. And in correspondence to the guitars the vocals need to be higher pitch to make the music feel heavy. Maybe I'm wrong, but imagine his current vocals on FTR / HB, it would be out of place.. The album vocals can't be so different to the current live performance.

One thing that leads me to believe the music could be even heavier is Alexi's current state of vocals. He's really fucked up his throat and has to sing lower pitch.

Wait, what? Would you mind elaborating on that one?

Okay.

It's not really big news, but it's still making me think quite a bit.
They seem really pleased and made a massively bold move in saying that evrything we love about CoB has been magnified TENFOLD.
Jaska did a similar thing ealier on when he said that we would all love the album, as well.

I know that labels push the band into saying things like this, so people buy the album, but I don't know whether it would be this much..
They must really like the album so far.

Another thing is the whole "THE PERFECT STORM" - or whatever- thing.
It seemed really emphasized in the interview and, I mean, who the FUCK uses "THE PERFECT STORM" as a descriptive term, for fuck's sake.

Joonas, I agree a little, in that the album will be heavy, but I don't really agree with what you said about how the vocals would have to be high;
Kalmah play in a very similar style to how CoB did in FtR and their singer sings low quite a lot.

Alexi probably can't sing like he used to at all, and I think no matter how good the actual music is, it'll maybe ruin the album for me, in a way.
I need the emotion and the rawness there. His voice needs a lot of updating; it's just like talking in a low voice with a little bit of pitch here and there. The next step, what with their producer, will be TOM ARAYA vocals T___T.

We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

I'm looking forward to the album, don't get me wrong, I'm just a little nervous about it.

They better release a single as soon as they've recorded it.

Well, this album will be decisive for quite a lot of fans. I know a lot of people are really sceptical after BD and if this one is in the same direction, they'll lose these kind of fans. Ofcourse, they still keep a big fanbase of those who do love BD and death/thrash.
So it is obvious that especially the old fans are nervous for what direction the sound will take.

Look, new album or single cover!!

COB_illustration_layersasfiles_Layer1.jpg

No, I just had boring time at work one morning. :Spin: