Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I've not been expecting a very thrilling album because there's been no interviews where the album is enthused. I hope for some experimentations and not just another 9 heavy metal tracks. I think there's a better chance to not be disappointed when the album isn't hyped beforehand, so let's see.

Well, we're finally getting news, and it's good to know all went smooth and good with Jaska, and he's not one to get all hyped, so if he's saying those things about the album he must feel pretty good about it, let's just wait and see, but I'm confident they'll deliver.

was almost done with my first. Then comes thunderstorm. Power is out! Maybe its back tomorrow. Maybe not.
-H

Sounds like we'll get some pretty cool updates. Think Alexi, Janne and Roope will follow troop?

was almost done with my first. Then comes thunderstorm. Power is out! Maybe its back tomorrow. Maybe not.
-H

Sounds like we'll get some pretty cool updates. Think Alexi, Janne and Roope will follow troop?

I dont think so. Alexi said many times in interviews, that he kinda hates the internet so I cant imagine him writing anything on facebook :D:D, Janne is more likely:) Lets wait ande see:)

-H

So Henkka's got an iPhone, cool .-.
I think he will update for all, though.

I dont think so. Alexi said many times in interviews, that he kinda hates the internet so I cant imagine him writing anything on facebook :D:D, Janne is more likely:) Lets wait ande see:)

While that is true, he has before been persuaded into writing an entry or two on the internet, and perhaps the other guys would succeed in doing so again?

While that is true, he has before been persuaded into writing an entry or two on the internet, and perhaps the other guys would succeed in doing so again?

Yeah if I remember right, he did wrote some updates on their webpage. So maybe he will surprise us once again :)

" Well, didnt come back yet. So we are off to do the festivals in the meantime! See you guys in Sziget, Brutal Assault, Bloodstock and Ankka!

-H"

I'm seeing them at Bloodstock next weekend. I'll make sure I throw stuff at them if they don't don't play any teasers from the new album :lol:

You can try, but you'll fail. Unless it is some short drum thing in between songs that no-one will ever recognize.

I think that we will indeed get updates from everyone, even if Alexi himself doesn't write them and it's Janne or Henkka who do. It's good to know it's rolling smooth besides thunderstorms and shit. Henkka should be done fast once they're back from the festivals, I'd say 3-4 days, not more.

†Deadnight Reaper†;9280167 said:
So Henkka's got an iPhone, cool .-.
I think he will update for all, though.

He had a communicator a few years back, you don't need an iPhone for that and I think they've computers in the studio...

It's interesting they're doing the bass tracks already before the guitars. Last time with Blooddrunk it was:

-drums
-rhythm guitars
-leads and melodies
-bass
-keys
-vocals

Might this have something to do with more role for the bass. And also some more time for guitar ideas and tones. Maybe the producer is throwing ideas. I bet you 3 dollars they're making their most rock-sounding album.

Album title, artwork, song titles, samples.. ah the excitement. 5 weeks and it's done.

He had a communicator a few years back, you don't need an iPhone for that and I think they've computers in the studio...
"I was almost done with my first. Then comes thunderstorm. Power is out! Maybe its back tomorrow. Maybe not."
-H
August 8 at 22:50 through Facebook for iPhone
:(

It's interesting they're doing the bass tracks already before the guitars. Last time with Blooddrunk it was:

-drums
-rhythm guitars
-leads and melodies
-bass
-keys
-vocals

Might this have something to do with more role for the bass. And also some more time for guitar ideas and tones. Maybe the producer is throwing ideas. I bet you 3 dollars they're making their most rock-sounding album.

Album title, artwork, song titles, samples.. ah the excitement. 5 weeks and it's done.

I dont understand how recording the bass tracks 2nd leads you too believe this is going to be their most "rock" album.

I dont understand how recording the bass tracks 2nd leads you too believe this is going to be their most "rock" album.

Dude you're asking too difficult questions. Maybe Matt Hyde got some idea for the guitars or the band wants to change something on the last minute. Or maybe Henkka just wants to get his shit down so he can concentrate on making motocross jump videos for us.

And if you've been following, I've said all along this could be their most rock sounding album, because of what they've said, and because of the producer who is known to make rock sounding stuff. Just pure speculation. I'd be surprised if they came out with something that sounded like FTR as their guitar tone is definitely different now and the keyboards used less on top, and the vocals are different.The sound is not everything anyway.. there's songwriting and mixing..

I think a big part of the so called "problem" resides in the keyboard sounds. I'm sure you all noticed how Janne rarely plays with sounds like harpsichord, brass, new age, choir aahs, etc. Apart the Blodddrunk + TmR intro and the solos, it's all strings and orchestra hits. The guitar might sound like on AYDY because Alexi reverted back to EMG plus he uses his old gear. Lack of sweep arpeggios and harmonized guitars with keyboards are also "problematic". Not problematic in the sense that it's bad but different than the old Bodom.

-drums
-rhythm guitars
-leads and melodies
-bass
-keys
-vocals

Who said bass was recorded before guitars?
Blooddrunk order wrong too.