Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Speaking of drum tracks, where has the AYDY track been released with separate tracks? The Blooddrunk track is from Guitar Hero I think.

Drums

Vocal, rhythm & keyboard
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wal3aIji0fA&feature=related[/ame]

Drums

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah I see. And there's the DVD with Warheart, Towards Dead End and Children Of Bodom with separate tracks (in case someone didn't know.)

5 already!

He is a machine!

So that at least leads me to believe they have 5 songs written(guitar wise), because how else could you lay down drum tracks without a guitar or bass track to play with.

C'mon guys...give us a little taste or something, even just a 10 sec clip from a song would hold me over. I just want to know what the overall sound is gonna be like.

Not really.

I'm sure he already had the basic ideas down, he is just laying the track down in the best quality available for the cd.

Some bands will get the whole cd done in 2-4 weeks.

Unless you have nothing written or ready, the studio time shouldn't take that long. It only takes a long time for a band if they don't have all the material written or someone just can get the track recorded without messing up something. Which usually doesn't happen anymore thanks to Pro Tools.

COB have the album 92% ready once they enter the studio - usually most of the lyrics and final keyboard sounds are thought out at the studio, maybe some solos too - but all else has been practised the past months. They had some songs completely ready at the beginning of the summer as they made demos of them, so Jaska probably knows most of the stuff by memory. Maybe some little things they'll still look at. And it was this fast last time too, I don't think it indicates the material is 'simple to play.' And I think there's at least Alexi playing the guitar with Jaska when he's recording the drums, to get to the groove/rhythm.

Nah, like Joonas says they usually go into the studio with pretty much the entire album written and ready to record so the speed of the recording will go by quickly and (hopefully) smoothly.

Looking forward to this album because after the fiasco that was AYDY I feel they bounced back pretty good with Blooddrunk.

And also they're probably doing the casual few cover songs again. Just hopefully they won't compromise any of the album material, we're had more than enough cover songs.

^I've been quessing possibly 8 songs this time. I'd rather have 5 great songs than 10 mediocre songs so I don't care about that.

Since Henkka posted the fb statement a few days ago, web is full of "news" about them, and whole web seems to think that the new album will be out late 2010.
Maybe someone could refresh my memory, please? I mean, they haven't announced a release date till now, and I really don't remember why, but I've been thinking it will come out in spring 2011, no way it's done in 2010. I'm a bit confused right now.

Edit: Nevermind, now I remember they denied a release in 2010 on cobhc.com themselves.

Recording the upcoming studio
album, in stores early 2011!

Likely February-March-April.

Waiting for months something that's already finished is always frustrating, but this is a short wait, for some movie you need to wait a couple years after they're finished..

Lots of exciting stuff before the release; album title, song titles and the cover art.

It seems there's some issues with the last (2?) songs, it's been 21 hours since they got the 7th track down.. I think the best ones are done first off out of the way as they demand focus, and then use what time's left to think how the worse tracks could be improved maybe..

And of course the first single.

Yeah. I don't know how to react to the leaks this time. It would really be cool to hear the shit when the proper CD is finally at my hands. But I know I can't resist it after a few beers. Maybe I should quit drinking for winter.

Last time we heard the first single a long time before the album came out. Then we heard the next single in radio. Then the slow song on Myspace.

On the other hand it sucks if you've heard the best songs already when you get the album... then again it must feel bad when some retard uploads and "presents" their new material on the internet, I think that's one of the reasons the band releases something early these times.

Maybe they'll put something up after a few months already... who knows. But I'd rather have just the single first. I remember it kind of sucked when I heard Blooddrunk that I knew every other track beforehand.